Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How many kids do you want

LOL... you would be fantastic!!

We have 2 girls. DH and I don't feel complete yet so number 3 is on the cards. It is just a matter of when. DD2 is only 8months old and I am just getting used to having 2 kids. As yet I have not come out of the sleepless haze that I have been living in since Loren was born.

We are thinking ttc sooner rather than later for a number of reasons. 1. I am the last of my friends and family to have kids so I don't want my youngest being too little interact with the other kids, 2. I am not a spring chicken. 3. we are in baby mode and have all the stuf, no need to put it all away if another is comming. 4 I don't want a newborn and have to the school run with DD1 (she starts in 2011) In other words trying to get a kid to school would do my head in if I did not have enough sleep the night before.

Reasons not to ttc soon. 1 Can I really handle 3 little ones at home for a year or so.2. Would love to give bfing a good shot and think if the girls are older I would have more time with a nb. 3 I need to get into shape before putting on any more weight

Anyone got any thoughts on age gaps?

Hi there, my husband and i have 5 kids and have just started talking about having another one, my oldest dd is 7, followed by ds who is 5,then there is two more dd age 3 and 21 months and finally by beautiful baby boy who is almost 5 months, it is a bit chaotic at times and i will admit i have raised my voice acouple of times and even let a grownup word slip once or twice, but i would not have it any other way, i love them and would have heaps more if we could, we only have a 7 seater van and if we have no. 6 then we need to buy a bigger car, i dont see that as being an issue really except that they cost so much! I dont have that "complete" feeling and i dont know if i ever will, it may not go away even after no.6, and i dont see my husband agreeing to 7, cause then we would have to get a bus, but even that does not bother me, i love being pregnant, i love giving birth and i love having a big family and holding my baby in my arms, i love it when they hug you and say i love you and i even love the puppy dog eyes after they did something wrong.
    I think big familys are great and they are making a comeback. So hopefully in a few months we will ttc (which i also love)(lol) and can continue our big family.
    That all being said, some family members dont agree with dh and i and said we should have stopped at 2, other family members comment on our finances and others just say "i think you have enough".
    All in all i would give my life for the 5 i have and welcome any more that may come our way. Thanks for letting me share......Lisa

I have always wanted to have 4 the least and 6 the most kids i only have one at the moment and am already dying to have another one but finally at the moment we cant afford it if we had the money i would have another one in a heart beat, i have always wanted a big family im one of 7 and Dh is one of 4 and i love children so hopefully i at least get my four if i cant have 6. I find people look down apone u if u have more then 2 kids these days like your only in for the money and like your a bum...

I like the idea of 4 or 6 as well. I am happy to keep going until the body says stop. I had hoped to be pregnant with the second when Noah was 3 months old but that wasn't to happen with the night time b/fing, so hopefully this one isn't a frequent night feeder so I can start on #3 right away. With a bit of luck it could be twins or triplets

I am currently pg with #5 but this is our last. I will be 40 when this one comes and the body can't take it any more lol. I would love to have more but just not give birth to them. If we could adopt then I would be in my element

Am having problems deciding on a vehicle too. Is our pajero big enough or will I have to go to a bus lol.

Oh well still have a little time to decide

Kim - You`d be fine but I think your having a little blue one this time

I always said I`d like 4 children but lately I`ve been thinking 5 would be nice, DH doesn`t mind how many we have which is great but as he says we have to find our illusive #3 first before #4 and 5 are thought about.

We just had #4, and whilst I was pregnant, DP was saying, "this is it, no more". But when I suggested a c-section and getting my tubes tied, he said "no, what if we want more". After #4 was born (4 weeks ago), DP started talking about how we would do things differently "next time". I always wanted 5 kids, and even had names planned from when I was about 11 years old!

We both come from small families (I have one sibling, DP is an only child), so we are loving having a big family!! Our biggest concern is that I turn 35 this year (and have been considered high risk in my last 2 pregnancies), and we have twins running on both sides of our families! So if we decided to go again, there is a high likelihood we could end up with multiples!! (doesn't bother me though!!)

Someone mentioned doing the school run with a newborn - my eldest had just started kindy when #3 was born and is now in year 2 - it's not really so bad doing the school run with a newborn!! (But this is my 2nd time doing so!!)

I was re-reading this thread and cannot believe I have anything new to update/add from my last post - but I guess I do. For the most part I am very happy with the 4 we have. I stress too much over the "what if's" financially, etc. with each new pregnancy or when things are not going too good. The older I get this stress / depression seems to get harder and harder. If money was less of an object, I think I would want to remain open to the course of life or DW's desires. One thing is for certain, I could not imagine life without one of this little ones ? I love them so much.

That said, with and immediately after our 4th child, DW was saying she was very much done. I have now noticed in the last few weeks a waffling of that position. Not only is she indicating a desire down the road to have another, but last night she basically said there was no way we could only have one more because of her stupid odd/even number issue. So having number 5 would never work, we would have to have two more. This woman is killing me (I love it though)! So who knows, we may have at least 1 - 2 more. It will be hard for me to say no to DW, I don't feel right simply denying something as basic as mother hood to my wife. It is a large part of who she is so how can I take that away from her? Furthermore, I find her completely irresistible when I know she is fertile - and that is the one time each month she is ready to go..lol. This alone is going to make not having any more children very hard to do.

One thing is for certain, if we have more she will want to make a move soon due to our ages. So I guess stay tuned to my signature as it will probably indicate upcoming changes...lol!

I'm not even sure how many kids I want, or DP wants.
    If I had got a got this for #2, then I wouldn't mind if we only had two... but since we've got 2 boys now, I still really want a little girl deep down... BUT what if we try for a little pink one and get another boy. I just don't know. Lol.

All the 'what ifs' they're never ending.

DH and I both want one little girl.

But my feeling is that we will have two kids.

Well...IM PREGNANT with #5!!!!!!!!!
    Had a few not so nice comments but who cares!! My hubby, kids and I are stoked about it. I think this will be it for us...but like my friend said thats what I said after I had my 3rd and then my 4th.

CONGRATS Jami80!! LOl, sounds like your friend knows you to well.

I suppose there is a day where you truly feel it, but I have also read enough from women with 5 and more children who once they are up there in thei 40's start to fear the day they "can't" hav more - I think that one scares me more. What if my wife is "never" done...lol. What if she is one of those ladies who ends up having so many kids (so many based on our original thinking) that she ends up never wanting to be done, that she can't amagine not being able to have more when her body / soul craves another little one. LOL - I fear that may actually already be happening!

I already posted that we are planning number 6 next year, but last night, hubby was talking about having 7! I think 7 will be enough for me im 31 with 5 so if i stick to my rough 2 year gap ill be about 35, and that is when i said i would stop having babies.

3 is my cut off. already have 1 DS. So now trying to #2....so its working out well so far lol ive always wanted 3 kids.

Dh is 1 one 3 sooo i dont need to convince him lol

I I haven't posted for ages so thought I would put my 2cents in. I have just have number 7 and already decided this is not our last. Having a baby in the house is delightful! I think we will just keep going until we/God/our health/other? says enough.

We said #3 would be the last. Now I just don't feel complete still.....i want #4, and maybe #5 (haven't told Dh that much yet! lol). I worry about how I would cope though? I love my kids more than anything and I dont doubt I would be able to love more but I worry maybe 4 is too many? I struggle now to find time for all of them.....

I would like 4 babies - I'm half way there, just trying to get the 3rd. I aways thought 5 growing up would be a great number because my mum's from 5, my bio-dad is from 5 and I am the youngest of 5 from a blended family.

I definately don't want to stop at just 2 - the rest of my family have all chickened out at 2, so I'm the only one left to have anymore. I already have a girl and a boy, and everyone was like, well I supposed you'll stop now you've got the "pigeon pair". Hell no, I want my daughter to have a sister and my son to have a brother.

Looking forward to making and meeting some new souls.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast