Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How many kids do you want

Default How many kids do you want

Hi large family mummies,

I wanted to ask how many children are you all planning on having .

I am planing on seven and then that's it! My fav number is seven, so I only have one more to go!

soul

This is my 7th. And then thats IT for me I did say that after the 4th though

rayla72, omg father! you would concider more! whoo hoo, omg your amazing!

I definatley want six, well its too late now anyway, lol, but might have one more in about 7 years or so. Depends how much I have got into a caereer for myself. Dh said if we just keep having child after child we will never have this young time in our lives for just us! I see his point. And we are not that well off , so we need to know when enough is enough! But I love it all the same!

I'm thinking a dozen is a good number. I have two and want at least two or three more, but still have to talk DH around on that point *L*. He's ok with having a couple more in a few yrs time, but says any more than that and we won't have the money to extend our house untill we retire *L*... and fitting that many kids in a five bedroom house (mind you one of the bedrooms is the size of a large cupboard....but can work as nursery..) will be hard!

katkins oh my "Gawd" a dozen! wow wee you would never have a minute to yourself, not even for a quick relaxation minute! But heck if you want 12 of them all the power to you I say! And your shopping bill, wholy heck, myn is alrerady $300 per week with just five kids! But if you have the money then I say go for it, I would if I were with more money!lol

soul

I don't think we will manage to get to 12, I think we'll probably stop at around 6 knowing DH and u never know. My body's already showing signs of wear and tear...may not make it that far!

omg yeah the wear and tear is sooooooo happening with me! I already have almost a whole train track on my poor tummy from being so badly stretched with my fourth child, she was quite large! I gues go with the flow, how ever many you have is what is meant to be right!

Love and light,
    soul

well i have 2 stepkids here (dh's) half the time and i have 2 with dh.
    i'd like one more but he doesn't
    he thinks we can't afford it and that he'll never have time to be alone in retirement so he's getting the snip in a months time

Hi,

Well i tried for 2 yrs to get preggies with DD and 2yrs after DD and ive been married for 6 yrs and have never used contaception,because i have PCOS i dont get preggies right away.So i dont think i will ever go on contaception,i will just go with the flow and whatever god sends me i will happily accept

Ruru, that sounds like a great way to look at it. I wish we could look at it like that, but I have a history of falling almost at the drop of a hat. I have fallen 3 times when using contraception (all angel babies)with ex partners. Took 5months with Dh once we decided to not use anything (my body took a while to accept his swimmers) and then fell pg straight away after Kat's birth. Had one AF and then missed the next as was pg again. So Dh and I decided to wait a while now as Kat and Jess are so young and deserve to have our full attention for a little while at least. In a couple of yrs we'll try for another, and if I fall between now and then, well Dh has said we'll manage and he'll be happy....he just doesn't want us to try to make it happen just yet IYKWIM? I am on a diff type of pill to the one I fell pg on before.. We both want more. We are both in awe of just what little miracles babies/children are. Hard work, but miracles none the less. So innocent and perfect... I so can't wait to be pg again.....yet I don't want to miss a moment of my babies growing up either so I don't want the time to fly.... I'm full of contradictions atm *L*

Well I have just had no.6 and that is it!We just about lost nos.5 and 6 so we decided that this was it. I an RH Neg so every baby we have ,the percentage of losing a baby is much higher!

bellasmum, how were your labours hunnie,is it true they get quicker and easier? If you say no I am running for my life!

Sorry, Solu, my last one was the hardest (after the first). It was okay until the pushing stage and then I just didnt have the energy. Make sure you look after yourself REALLY well during your pg. I was unfit and still am ;(

I'm starting to get nervous about the pushing stage with this one now.

Good question! I always thought 2-3 but now that i'm a mum i'd like 4 at least...just gotta talk DH into it

Quote Originally Posted by soul
    bellasmum, how were your labours hunnie,is it true they get quicker and easier? If you say no I am running for my life!
    Soul, It is hard to say because even though No.1 was my langest labour(as it is with first!) No.2 was induced so it was 4 hrs, No 3 induced 4 hrs , No. 4 spontaneous 48 hrs (prelabour) full labour 1 hr 15 mins, No. 5 induced 5 hrs and No 6 was 5.46mins.

So as you can see all labours were pretty quick anyway except for No.4!
    Induced labours were much harder for me though because they were so intense.

I hope that eases your mind hunnie. But congrats on having No.6!There aren't that many of us that decide on huge families these days!

Hi,

like i said in my other post i really dont mind.

but if i had the choice i would like 4, 2 boys and 2 girls,

my mum and granma and aunty all had 4 and they were 2 boys and 2 girls,never know i might carry on the tradition!!

tiggy Guest

I have had six babies and I have two foster boys. If I could have more I would!
    I had tubal ligation after Ivy and Noah, which I will regret forever more. I would love one more.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Wow - you women are amazing! I always said I only ever wanted 2 and then after No 1 was born, I swore I would never have another. Then I got the guilts about him being an only child and decided to have No 2. Now that I have had No2 and I am thoroughly enjoying it and can't wait to be preggo with No 3 now! (I reckon I could go No 4 if I could talk DH into it, we are both one of four!)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast