Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Large families

Welcome Nat! How many more are you thinking of? I am thinking 4 is enough, we won't have anymore unless something of a miracle occurs, cos we are taking care not to let it happen. I am flat out here with 2 at school and 2 at home and I am happy that we had them but it works out perfectly that Jessica will go to school and I will return to work the year after she starts. Plus we need the money, living on 1 wage when your kids are little is easier than when they are older. Like today 1 footy jumper 1 pair of footy boots and 1 pair of footy socks $100. I couldn't believe it. Plus Jordan plays netball now and her uniform is $45 plus $45 to play netball and $45 to play Auskick + almost$400 worth of simming lessons for Joshua this year. it all adds up so quick.

Cheers Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

DH & I had a strangely clucky moment the other night & can't rule out going one more time after this. I'll be 40, but that's not so uncommon these days. Who knows, will we or won't we?

When we do stop, DH is happy to have a vasectomy, which seems like a good idea, so I guess I can say my pill days are over, hooray!

Getting more pets might help with the clucky thing perhaps......

*Yvette* Guest

Yeah Michelle, keeping them all clothed can be hard. I'm pretty stingy & keep anything not too wrecked to be handed down, even some shoes. Lucky patching jeans is one of the few things I know how to do on the sewing machine, lol.

Think of all the little socks and undies I'll be sorting and folding though, eeeeek!

I went to Kmart today spent $75 2 things for Jemma and the rest for Jesscia, I wish we had more 00 clothes. Jessica is only just getting into them at 7 and a half mths when the others were in them at 6 mths. And as they have been through Jordan, Elly (my cousins little girl) and Jemma there isn't much good stuff, just loads of mismatched things, pants with no tops and tops with no pants. I got Jessica 2 body suits, 4 pairs of pants, a jumper and hat and a jacket and a tracksuit. I was happy with what she got, Kmart is heaps cheaper then Target that's for sure.

I am not a sewing person, though I have mum's machine here. I do keep just about everything, even with small stains as they are good for the backyard.
    Cheers Michelle

Just started up a monthly thread for you guys to use. I've included an intro post, but wasn't sure what you'd want in there, so let me know (in that thread please) what you'd like & I'll add it for you

mum2four Guest

Hi, its nice to see there are other mums out there with a big family, we have 4 kids, aged 8 and triplets 6 and as you can imagine we dont get invited to many homes for fears they may be trashed, my cicle of friends the average kids are two so i really feel like a freak sometimes when i am around them, nice to meet you all look forward to chatting again soon

Welcome mum2four,
    wow triplets must be hard work, even when they get bigger. What do you have, boys/girls/both? What are their names?

I worry too that my kids will trash other peoples houses, sometimes it's just better to invite people to your place. LOL

Hope you make loads of friends on BB
    Cheers Michelle

Hey mum2four, if you'd like I can add all your details to the intro post...

*Yvette* Guest

Welcome Mum2four, hop on into the June thread.

mum2four Guest

hi back after a long absence, yes trashing other peoples houses is a big issue, we generally get invited out to their backyard, via the side gate, we are getting used to picnics, im starting to catch on that they dont want us inside LOL. the names of the kids are boy Sam , boy, TOM and girl EBONY they have an older brother JACKSON who is 8. look forward to talking again soon, still learning.

Hi mum2four,
    We actually now have a general chatter thread for Larger Families, so CLICK HERE and feel free to join in!

I am locking this thread now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12