Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Families - July/August 2005

Yeah Vanita you wouldn't believe how many people say that about winning lotto. LOL I am thinking to that what will be will be, if it accidently happened then....but I am not going to tempt it, or cheat and just do it anyway, cos that's unfair. I can understand too your thoughts re MS cos that will/could cause some trouble for you guys but 4 is a fair haul. Like I said " who has 5 kids?"

LV LV LV LV LV LV! GET THE MESSAGE?

hishersandours Guest

Mitch4now- The boys are all really excited, but it dosen't get mentioned much anymore, I guess until I start really showing, nothing to them seems different for now. NO I have to start all over again. My baby is 11 yrs old, so who would have thought I would have needed it again...But I'm very lucky, my bestfriends sister who is 10 yrs younger than me, has 2 little ones and she's stopped, so I am getting everything from her.....The only thing we will need to buy are clothes. She has a heap of them but she has 2 boys and if this one is a girl, I'll just need to buy some pink, but that's about all.....YAY

Vanita- That old saying " if we waited until we could afford kids, we would never have them", it's true, but then again, it's us who miss out, we always make sure our kids have what they need. With haircuts, the boys seem to get 3 to my 1...They get new clothes, and I'm still making do...it's just how it works I guess...lol

Anyway I'm off, have a great day to you all

Hey girls...long time no see...

Well thought I'd pop in from the ttc afterm/c thread and say HI..

Well looks like we might be in with a chance for no 5 again..will test over the weekend and let you know...

Glad to see veryone is ok and I will try to become more regular around here but it's hard to get around everywhere!!!

Be back soon

Janxx

*Yvette* Guest

Hope it stays that way for you Lisa. My pg were all very similar except more nausea with the twins. That's great that you're getting all the gear from your friend's sister. I can think of a few things I wish I'd kept, but mostly it would have just been clutter for all those years in between, and car seats have improved since I had my big girls. Know what you mean about not waiting til you can afford kids, just gotta do it when it feels right. Know what you mean about making do for yourself too, lol.

Lol Michelle, if she texts me at an ungodly hour, I'll likely be awake anyway with these bloody hips. The night-time loo trips are getting more frequent too. How lovely to have a sparkling bedroom & nice that Arron noticed. I put curtains up in our room the other day & Lindsay was grumbling about it being a waste of time in a rented house etc (I've had the curtains sitting in the cupboard) but when I finished he said they looked really nice and I felt great, he he. You're lucky you've still got plenty of time to think about more kids.

Lol Vanita, I wish my wisdom did match my age a bit more, he he. Still time for me to do something after the kids grow up, ummmm..............
    Yeah everything's cool thanks, just trying to avoid having DH say I spend too much time on here, & I seem to be really busy though not getting much done.

Hi Jan! Good luck with the test! Know what you mean about getting around everywhere, is hard to keep up sometimes, but will be nice to see more of you in here.

Babies are 4lb & 5lb & doing really well. I'm buggered though, but nice & healthy still. Kids are all fine. The little bloke is being especially cuddly & gorgeous atm, and nobody's sick. The cat is a nutcase & so is the parrot. Poor old DH is on ballet lessons driving duty now coz mummy is too big and pregnant to drive anymore, and needs to sit around with her feet up a lot reading and drinking hot chocolate, he he.

hishersandours Guest

Yvette- I totally agree with you, as nice as it would have been to still have some things, but it's so true, like car seats, capsules, they have changed so much, makes the ones we used for our eldest kids, seem dinosaur now...

I rent as well, and I have put all my own curtains up...a) they were just sitting there doing nothing and b) rented or owned, it's still your home, and you like to make it feel like that dont you...I know where you are coming from on that one......

Hope everyone is well, and feeling good.....

I've filled out this, so I wont be such a stranger to you all

Name: Lisa - hishersandours
    State: Adelaide
    Children:Michael 14, Matt 13, Tim 11..one day to be stepsons..Josh 11 & Jakob 6
    Pets: Dogs Roxy and Taze..Bird Dee....Cat Skitz...
    Interests:Belly Belly of course, making web pages, Oh man I've just realised I dont have a life...how sad is that...I have no interests...ok I'll get back to you on more later....

Welcome back Jan, good luck with the testing, so you are going for no.5! HMMMM! We have been having this discussion, was it hard for you to decide that? What are your cicumstances space wise and $$$? Sorry I am not trying to pry but just wondered about your perspective.

Yvette- I giggled when you said you can't drive anymore, I bet you are starting to wonder how much bigger you can get. I was very impressed though cos you just looked magnificent at the baby shower, I bet you need to put your feet up loads now. I think I would've needed to way sooner than now LOL. I didn't even think about the fact you prob weren't sleeping anyway, the call may come on one of your toilet trips, though it may be weeks away yet!LOL Hope Vanita doesn't feel sad if she reads that. *You know I care Vanita, just stating a sad fact!LOL"

lisa- that is great news about the baby stuff from the friend, that's exactly what you need, someone who's done! My gf gave all her stuff to her brother and then decided to have her 3rd, she brought some new stuff and borrowed/was given other stuff, cos she was better off $$ wise than her brother and couldn't ask for it all back LOL. Things do change and you do need some new stuff anyway, all bubba's need new clothes even if you do have some hand me downs.

Well I have decided to put the 5th baby talk away for now and just enjoy my baby atm. Why stress when I don't have to? Right? The more I think about it though the better things are just the way it is, I'll just relax for now. But that means I better get to the drs for a new pill script or we may not have the option of choosingLOL, now wouldn't that be funny!

Have a cool weekedn everyone, maybe have a baby (Aimed at a certain someone starting with V, not you Yvette I only said 1 baby not 2 LOL)

Best wishes Michelle

Well Michelle... we were pg in March but had a miscarriage and have been trying since... We decided to give it one more go and try for the girl, but since the m/c, we don't care what we have just as long as it is healthy. Of course a girl would be a bonus! We built a 5 bedroom plus a study house 12 months ago so we are set for space and dh works shift work so he makes good money, we aren't even concerned cause you always make do and the first ones to do without are ourselves so... here we are about to change the family as we know it!!! It took dh a while to say yes this time cause I have had 4 caesars and he worries about me and how I cope and he worries that something will go wrong with me, but my dr said everything is ok with me, but I do think this will be the last time...although that;s what I said last time!!! I don't think you are prying at all and it's good to be able to have the experience to tell!!!
    Whatever you decide to do Michelle, I wish you the absolute best and hope to be chatting to you some more....maybe even join me???

Jan xx

Thanks for that Jan, We have 6 brooms and a study, the thing is the 6th bedroom is earmarked as an office so I can keep little fingers away from the paperwork and my scrapbooking. I just don't know what we will do, but as jessica is 10mths old we don't really have to rush. If you don't mind telling....how old are you? It is such a big decision.......The thing is too we have 3 girls and a boy so it's not like we don't have one sex, so that's not part of it although I think both of us would love another son. And saying that makes me feel bad cos when Jess was first born I remember feeling a little guilty cos I had always thought I'd have 2 of each and I was a little down that she was a she but I look at my darling baby and love her with all my heart and wouldn't trade her for the world.

Cheers and have a great w/end
    Michelle

Well Michelle I am 31, will be 32 in Dec. I jst have to add that am now expecting no.5 got a bfp this morning, so another March baby for me Yay!!!!

Janxx

*Yvette* Guest

Lisa tell us about your pets. Lol, it's hard to have a life with a houseful of kids and pets. I'm thinking of getting one when the babies are a bit older, just a small one, like joining a choir or somehting.

Aw shucks Michelle. Yep the feet are going up more & the kids are getting sick of being ordered around to fetch & pick up things for me, lol. Hey if you have 6 bedrooms & a study, can't the study be your office? Or does everyone use it?

We have our puters in the dining room, so I can keep Lindsay company while he's cooking, & we can sit on the puters & be amongst the kids etc. The kids have their own puters in their rooms, & study desks. If I was building a new house I'd have a big combined kitchen/dining/family/study, a seperate music/sitting room, DH would want a home theatre room, & we'd want 5 bedrooms. The twins will be happy sharing I reckon, and when they're 12 Lola will be 24 & hopefully finished uni (I'm sticking with my wishful thinking that she goes) so they would get their own room as teenagers anyway. Of course we have no hope of doing this anyway, but I like to be very specific about what my dreams are

Mega sticky vibes for you Jan. It's great that you've got a nice big house. It would be lovely to build it yourself & have everything just how you want it.

If we had one more of course I'd be hoping for a boy for Angus' sake, but once you know the gender, you can't imagine them being anything else

*Yvette* Guest

Congratulations Jan. I saw your ticker when I was posting, I didn't realize you just found out this morning. Woo hoo!!! Again, mega sticky vibes for you. :bluestick: inkstick:

Yay Jan- what wonderful news for you. Congratualations. A hot weather baby! I didn't like being pg in SUmmer much. I preferred the July and Sept to the Feb.

Hmm so you are almost the same age as me.LOL I am not going to think about it atm, I am going to concentrate on what I have atm.

Looks like Vanita is finally gonna have her little man- good luck! Hope it is over in record time, since you are half dilated it shouldn't be long!

Yvette, less than 50 days to go, Yay, Your photo is just amazing to see, you look as tight as you said you feel, if that makes sense.

have a great day everyone

Yes forgot to say, Yvette what a beautiful belly, !!! Willl be in contact soon, ( I hope)
    Congrats on #5 Jan, I have #4 coming in the next few hrs LOL

Catch u all soon!

hishersandours Guest

Jan- CONGRATULATIONS on #5...

Yvette- A LIFE?? please explain what that is...lol...Maybe when it's a red light special I'll grab myself one...It's true a household full of kids and pets...hmmm it's never boring that's for sure....I have 2 dogs, Roxy is a rotti, she's very dumb, but beautiful, and very placid, Taze is a German Shep and he's 8 mths old, and has no personality really, but he loves his mummy...Dee is a ****etiel( not how it's spelt) she has deformed wings, and has never been able to fly, so she just "walks" around the house, and the cat Skitz is about 4 now, and thinks she's a dog...oook I have NEVER had "normal" pets.....

I think it's really important for kids to grow up with animals, when DP started bringing his boys up to the house, they had never been around dogs before, and they were so scared of mine...Took them ages to warm to them...and of course dogs can smell fear, but with my dogs it just means...o0ooo you dont like me, so I'm gonna keep annoying you and licking you until you do like me...My pets are my kids as well...I spoil them all rotten.....sad huh......

Have a great day everyone

well i don't like being pg in the summer months either but am happy that i am..All my boys are march/April babies except the youngest who is Dec.
    So nearly all the kids have theit birthdays two weeks apart...weird huh??? Before my m/c in March I would have neen having a Nov baby.

Good luck Vanita, although I think you may have already had your beautiful bubba....

Yvette..thanks for the warm welcome. Even though we have a huge house we still want more room!!! You know a house where you can't hear the kids screaming at eachother and a room where you can have just your stuff,that's paddlocked. But we are truely blessed and I am thankful.

Lisa...wow you sure like pets! we have a dog called Shaggy.He's a maltese x shi tzu and a tonkanese cat called Tonka!! LOL and yes the kids did name them!!!

Janxx

*Yvette* Guest

Hi guys,

The newest large family has just been created!

Check the birth announcements!

I was so happy to see that news Yvette, and over 10lb, but well worth it I bet. She almost made her edd.

Vanita, don't hurry home girl, lap up a bit of attention LOL

*Yvette* Guest

Thanks Michelle & Vanita for admiring my belly, the bigger it gets the prouder I am, lol.

Lisa who needs normal pets, lol. I grew up with animals & always wanted my kids to do the same too. We want to get some chooks as soon as we can organise a portable chook shed (prolly only 2 or 3). Your pets sound lovely, and none of them try to kill the tiel? Our kitten still stalks the parrot so we have to be very vigilant. Of course you spoil them rotten, what's the point of having them otherwise, lol. I'm sure I would have started having kids earlier if I hadn't had my pets.

And would you believe, DH was checking the 'free to a good home' section of the Trading Post today, & has just gone out to get us another cat! A 3 yo neutered male Burmese.

Jan Tonka is such a perfect name for your cat, lol. ikwym about having some grown up space. We do have a sunroom here which is the kids tv/toy room, and the 'proper' lounge is the adults area, as is our bedroom, where we have another tv. Have you got any aircon or cooling at your house? That's one of the first things I'd do if I had my own place.

So excited about Vanita's baby. I'm sure she's tucked up in bed with him resting nicely now. Can't wait to hear more.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast