Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Large Families - July/August 2005

Default Large Families - July/August 2005

Please let me know what other details you want added here guys, I've just started with the basics...

Name:
    State:
    Children:
    Pets:
    Interests:
    __________________________________________________ ___________

Name: Jan (penty)
    State: Vic
    Children: Jesse 11, Bryson 7, Caleb 5, Lachlan 2, bubba due March
    Pets: Tonka (cat) Shaggy(dog)
    Interests: scrapbooking, reading, photography,my kids, food especially savoury nibblies!!!

Name : Jo (Jo_gee)
    State : WA
    Children : Jessica (almost 11omg!!), Emily (8), Olivia (6), little man (due August)
    Pets : arrrghhh to many!!! Bella the pekingese dog, cats Muffy and Sausage, 3 goldfish, 2 guinea pigs, 2 ducks, 5 chooks and 9 chicks!
    Interests : Reading, drawing, decorating, movies.

Name: Michelle (mitch4now)
    State: Kilmore VIC
    Children: Jordan (10), Joshua (5), Jemma (2) Jessica (7mths)
    Pets: Samoyd dog Koby and Tabby cat Ruby
    Interests: scrapbooking, BB, shopping, ebay, kids.

Name: Nat (mum5boyz)
    State: Victoria
    Children: Matthew (14), Joshua (12), Zachary (10), Christian (8), Jacob (brand spanking new!)
    Pets: Cassie the pussy cat
    Interests: do I have time for them now?? BellyBelly, playing canasta, tenpin bowling, I forget what else

Name: Suzie
    State: Tasmania
    Children: Catherine 7, Jessica 6, Emily 3, Dominic 5 months
    Pets: Amble (red heeler x lab) Wobbles (sheffield pup) and Esme, our adopted cat that wanders to our house to be fed.
    Interests: reading books,cooking,internet surfing,looking for a bigger house....

Name: Tiff (Tiggy)
    State: country NSW
    Children: Imogen & Madeline (9), AJ (9) Lily (7), Mal (7) (I foster both the boys), twins on the way
    Pets: Linus and nelson (dogs) Milo, Mintie, Vegemite (cats) Lollipop & Lemon (budgies) fish and various uninvited rodents (we live in the country)
    Interests: scrapbooking, BB, shopping, kids, Photography

Name: Trish
    State: NSW
    Children: Joel (13), Brandon (10), Noah (nearly 3), Tehya (4months)
    Pets: Mark (oh sorry, thats my DP)
    Interests: Scrapbooking, photography, chatting on BB, shopping.

Name: Vanita (mumofbundlezofjoy)
    State: insane, oops Victoria
    Children: Tahlia & Lakeisha (6), Rianna (18 months), Dion (newborn)
    Interests: scrapbooking, chatting on BB, Reading

Name: Yvette
    State: Victoria
    Children: Lola (12), Ruth (8), Angus (10months), twin girls (cooking)
    Pets: Coco the chocolate Burmese kitten & Spook the parrot
    Interests: Internet, tv/movies, reading, pets, eating chocolate, dreaming of having our own house, music, very long showers, having babies....

Name: Suzie
    State: Tasmania
    Children: Catherine 7,Jessica 6,Emily 3,and Dominic 5 months
    Pets: Amble (red heeler x lab) Wobbles (sheffield pup) and Esme,our adopted cat that wanders to our house to be fed.
    Interests: reading books,cooking,internet surfing,looking for a bigger house....

Name: Kristi (Kristi14)
    State: WA
    Children: Ebonee (5), Lucca (4), Sapphire (2), Briella (6 1/2 months), Baby due Feb 2006
    Pets: No pets in this house.........................yet
    Interests: Scrapbooking

*Yvette* Guest

I'm first!
    Happy winter everybody.
    Yep Michelle, I think all the mums with lots of kids are too busy running around after their kids to stop in to the large families thread too often, lol.
    You'll manage without hubby for a bit. Like Vanita says, in some ways it's easier. I've been a single mum for up to a year a couple of times. Not with 4 kids though I must admit.
    Lindsay will be managing with 3 on his own for a couple of days or so when I have these babies, that will be a bit tough with Angus still being a little bloke.

Yvette, Lindsay will be fine, you know he's a trooper!!! And if he needs a hand, you know my phone no!!!!!!

Michelle, you wont know yourself, it'll be like a holiday!!!! Instead of having 5 kids ( one of them more demanding than the others) you'll only have 4 !!!!!

LMAO Vanita, you're right, one less child and one less load of criticism, no one to say, anything about the dishes or the floors or the house not being clean enough. Not sure why I was worried.

Im sure Lindsay will get by too Yvette, if he needs help there are loads of bb girls who will help.

I went to the chinese medicine guy, he did acupuncture, he said he is working on my stress (Yay), and stomach probs, as well as this cold, I have tablets for the cold ATM and then some to get my whole digestive system working. My back feels great too ATM so things are lookiong good on that front.

Cheers Michelle

Woo Hoo Michelle, glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better at the moment, lets hope this acupuncturist helps!!!
    ENJOY your holiday from being a wife, ( now you only have to be a mum for a while)

Well he is gone, arrived at 10.50am and had a 2hr wait for the ferry to the mainland. He was waffling away about hiring a jetski the other day while he was waiting for the ferry and trying to work out how he could keep his wallet from getting wet. Not sure if he ended up doing it or not though, he said he'd ring back later.

I am waiting for Jess to wake up and we are going to the supermarket and I am going to buy pizzas for dinner tonight. I think we may go to my mum's for tea tomorrow night although then I won't get any scrapbooking done, which is what I would truly like to do.

See what happens, and how crazy I am feeling tomorrow.

Cheers Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

Vanita, thanks, yeah Lindsay will be fine. He wouldn't dream of asking for help though, but it's nice to know there's someone to call if you really have to, thanks & likewise.

Michelle, hope you enjoy your little 'break'. Glad you're feeling better atm. Criticism would drag you down when it's ongoing. We all need to approve of ourselves (a never ending project, lol) so that it shows to others & invites more respect. A bit deep and meaningful but you know what I mean. Looking after yourself emotionally sets a good example for your kids.

We have family coming over tomorrow for Angus' birthday, need to vacuum a bit, need some groceries, need to overhaul our budget yet again, etc etc. I looked at my seemingly insurmountable list of things to do before the babies are born, and worked out that if I did an hour a day it would all get done, but I don't feel very confident. Maybe my high energy nesting will kick in soon, I can only hope.

Hope you get some stuff done soon Yvette, but you must be tired so i can't blame you for taking things slowly, I mean I do and I'm not carrying twins. LOL

Took Jordan to netball and MIL watched the 2 babies, Josh came with me. Have AUskick at 8.30am so that will be interesting, have to have everyone out by that time. I think we'll stay in the car and wait ill he's finished. I went to Mums this arvo, I was gonna go tongiht but it is just getting too cold to stay out late, esp dragging everyone by myself.

Hopefully we are ready and out the door on time tomorrow.
    cheers Michelle

Hiya Suzie, welcome to the "large" ones!!!! I hope you enjoy catching up with the few of us "mad" enough to do this kid thing a few times!! hows the weather in Tassie today, absolutely pouring down today!!! I have just finished up work to go on Maternity leave with #4!!

Hey Susie
    Welcome to you and your brood, Vanita's right, sometimes when the kids are playing up you wonder why you had to have so many, but only for a minute. Of course we wouldn't have it an other way.
    Catch up soon
    Michelle

I certainly will enjoy it im sure!!! Thanks for the welcome!!! I think sometimes we are mad and then i just wish that i could have another one now!! LOL!!
    It has been pouring on and off in Tassie for about a week now...I have clothes on the line that never get dry enough for me to decide to get them off the line lol!!
    My kids play up and i wonder too,but like now when they are in bed,everything seems rosy!!!
    take care im off to have a shower (mind you it is 12:04am!!!)

Welcome Suzie, I have added your details in

*Yvette* Guest

Welcome Suzie!

A bit busy here, will pop back in asap.

So Suzie does that mean you are going to have number 5? In some ways I would love another but I guess I have to think more about the fact that I have to go back to work when they go to school or they will never have anything, cos Arron is self employed which makes it hard to raise a footy team.

So you are in Tassie? I love Tassie, we went there on our honeymoon, flew into Launceston adn drove down to Hobart to stay. We will eventually take the kids and go over for a holiday, which is why I need to go back to work eventually LOL. We want to be able to have some great holidays with the kids.

I like your idea about the washing and the same would happen here if I bothered to hang it out LOL. I figure it is a waste of energy to hang it and then leave it cos it just gets wet and full of spiders, so atm I am washing and using the clothes horse for most things and the dryer for the rest. Although I think my second home is the laundry cos there is so much washing.

Anyway have a good weekend everyone.

Yvette- what are you up to dear, haven't seen you around much, hope Lindsays tests have come back ok!

Vanita how are you enjoying your mat leave, still here with bubs I see, which is a good thing. Not long to go now, how are you feeling? Do you feel like you will go early?
    BEst wishes Michelle

*Yvette* Guest

Hi guys.

Yes Michelle, I've actually been doing some housework the last few days so have got behind with my posts. Sometimes I just can't shut up and other times I don't have much to say, lol.

Have had my cousin over today with her kids, so Angus has had heaps of attention & loved it. He's been having an absolute ball with a half deflated helium balloon. And I'm happy coz I had fish & chips for lunch followed by chocolate cake, there's half a block of Cadbury's left in my besdide drawer for later, and I'm going to Mum's for a roast tomorrow (so DH can fix her computer, lol).

It's a rare and energetic day when you'll see me putting washing on the line. Bung it all in the dryer I say, except shirts & a few things I hang around the laundry.

Suzie is 12.04 am the only time you get to have a shower? I suppose it's like that when you have a young baby and your husband works. I remember with my first baby waiting for XH to come home just so I could go to the toilet & have a shower. Yes, they're all lovely when they're sleeping, lol.

Yes I love them all dearly, but about now, I start counting down til bedtime,. LOL In about 2 hrs I will be free!!!!!! anyway still hangin around, dunno Michelle, Drs say I most likely go early, but how will I cope if I dont????? I dont want to go until Thursday at least ( I have things planned!!) Have the MW visit on Mon, Yvette's coming over for a visit Tues, Wednesday Im getting waxed, and then going out to Dinner and to see Dirty Dancing with my sister!!!! So am not free til thursday!!!

Have got myself finally sorted though,had to get an extension for the babes car seat today, and yesterday I went shopping, ( yeah I know when arent I shopping) and got pj's and a dressing gown for hospital.

You might think this is dumb, but when Rianna was born, the twins gave her a pressie each, and she gave them one, for becoming big sisters, a little signet ring ( Tahlia has since lost it Grrr) So I have a pressie for them to give the baby ( a little toy each) and yesterday I got a necklace with a pendant each from bubs, The pendant is a heart with a colored stone ( diff color each) gorgeous, so am really ready I think .!

Yvette- at least you have a clean house...or did the kids already mess it up. Sounds like Angus had a great time, but I love the menu you had, and the choccy, I can't put it beside me in bed cos it would be gone in one swoop. And gotta love mum's roast, although round here it is Arron's roast that everyone loves.

Vanita dear- this is your last pg right? (Or is it?) My attitude with Jessica being my last was that I wouldn't ever be doing it again so I should enjoy every second even if I went late. The likely hood of you being overdue is remote, so this will be a novelty to you.LOL And not sure about boys wanting to stay, Jordan and jemma were later than Joshua so that theory wasn't right for me! What are you doing other than shopping now that you are finished working? How are you filling the days. Or should I ask considering the full social calendar you just mentioned ?LOL It is always best to keep busy so that sounds great to me, and Friday is a nice birthday!

Have a nice sunday girls, although it is very miserable here.
    Cheers Michelle

Well I was a good girl today, and despite the fact that I sat up until 1.30 talking to a gf on the phone, was up at 7.30 with the kids, have done 5 loads of washing, and folded and put away as I've [email protected]!! then as the weather had cleared up, and was not ****in down 4 a change, packed the kids up and went for a nice long walk. There is the "big block" I walk, ( mums house is halfway round) so we stop for a "short visit" then troddle on. Normally ( pre pg) it takes me 45 mins ( about 4 k) but took me nearly 45 mins just from mums DUH.

DH has gone off to work ,I keep telling myself to get the scrapbooking, or xstitching out, but end up on here, or in my bean bag reading! UGH, gotta get motivated!!!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast