Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Large Families - July/August 2005

HI Girls,

Jordan went to school today, I gave Josh one more day at home and he is going tomorrow, Jemma is finishing her penicillin, and Arron is better. Jessica's tooth popped but she is very grizzly still, and I have managed to escape all the sickness YAY for me!

Jan- hope the ms goes away soon, it will prob be nice to have your house back.

Tiff- What a bummer the holiday wasn't more fun, but I can totally imagine what is was like. the beach sounds much more peaceful. I am picturing you in your 12 seater. I was a bit concerned about driving the 7 seater LOL. I guess there aren't many more options, and you will be the mum who drives all the kids to the parties and home again when the kids become teenagers LOL. When do you find out the sex? I can imagine it is very difficult for you both to go the next step, but it is prob a good step for David to get involved. What pram did you get?

Welcome Kristi, you must be very busy with 4 so close. How are you going with your pg? Do you have ms? It is tiring having the otehrs and being pg at the same time. What sort of car do you drive? Is Lucca a boy or girl?

Lisa I too hope you avoid the sickness! It's not nice thats for sure. IKWYM about nbot feeling like I've been away, but the 2 babies are such mummies girls, I think DH is going to have his work cutout for him. I am a little annoyed with him atm cos he is trying to palm the kids off on Sat night so he can go and get ****ed at the footy end of season ball, I mean he is sposed to be resp for them, not going out drinking.GRRR at men!

Anyway better keep moving gotta go to bed soon.
    Cheers michelle

tiggy Guest

Hey Michelle,

We bought an Emmalunga twin pram very big and very beautiful, so different from the first twin stroller that we got. LOL yes, a 12 seater is pretty daunting but we need it. We have the seven seat pajero now and I find it quite easy to drive. We thought about a nine seater, which would just fit us all in when the babies come but after the holiday...well, I thought we could do with a few extra seats, so we could break up any fights! IYKWIM!

We'll find out the sex of the babies in about 3 1/2 weeks at the morph scan, so looking forward to that.

Sounds as though you are having a busy time with all your sick babies! I have one home today so no time to rest before I go off to work! Oh well, what can you do? I hope yours feel much better soon.

hi

yes, i sure am busy with 4 so close but i wouldnt have it any other way , my pregnancy is going well thanks ive just this week stopped with the m/s which has been a bit different as the others all stopped at 12 wks.

it is extremely tiring having to look after the others and being pregnant, earlier on it was very hard to keep my eyes open in the day and i spent a lot of time laying around stealing 10 mins when i could. now im finding i have insomnia at night and dont want to get up in the mornings.

i drive an 8 seater 95 Toyota Tarago, i LOVE my tarago

Lucca is a boy, we have 3 girls and 1 boy

last week was shocking, every single one of my kids got a tummy bug one after the other. it was my first experience of having them all sick like that. sounds like im not the only one thats just had lots of sick kids recently.

hope you are all well.

please bear with me while i get to know you all, would love to know anything that any of you would like to tell me about you and your families

Welcome Kristi I have added your details.

Tiff IKWYM re space on holidays. We went away last xmas and the car was so packed it was impossible for the kids to move. We went away for 6 days only and drove 2 and a half hrs and it wasn't good. Of course this yr will be the same cos we still need the portacot, this time for Jessica instead of Jemma, last time Jessica was 3 months and in this cool pop up bassinette. I'm sure you'll get used to driving whatever you end up with, and you'll be doing lots of driving wih all them kiddies LOL. Hope your sickie gets bettter soon. What sort of work do you do and how many days?

Kirsti- I have 1 boy and 3 girls as well. Your boy is the same position in the family as mine. Is he desperate for a brother?LOL Joshua was praying for a brother but it wasn't to be, I do feel sorry for him, If I was guarenteed a boy I'd almost try again. LOL My kids are Jordan girl almost 11, Josh 6 Jemma, 2 and a half and Jessica almost 1. My gosh they grow so quick, it's scary to see them all almost the next year older already.

We are planning the next party of the century, Jessica's 1st. There are 87 adults and 32 kids invited, hopefullly most won't turn up LOL, mostly family and a few friends, but sooo huge! I am doing finger food and it's on a sunday arvo, so everyone will go home and not hang around all night LOL. It's ok though cos this will be the last big party. I had this clever idea that I should give my kids big parties (like this one ) at certain ages. They were 1, 5, 10, 13, 16, 18 and 21. The prob with that last yr was jemma turned 1, Joshua turned 5, I was pg with Jessica and had her 2 wks before Jordan's 10th and then Arron and I turned 30 in OCt/NOv. Well we had the 1st bday, skipped the 5th and the 10th and did our 30th. I have now changed the idea of inportant bday parties LOL.

Anyway must move along, 2 more sleeps and I arrive in QLD, yeah how exciting for me!

Cheers michelle

tiggy Guest

Hey Michelle,
    LOL about the party...sounds as though you have it all planned. I'm sure it will be fantastic! I love 1st birthday parties! It's more for the parents and family than for the birthday child so, have fun!!!!

I am a midwife and I work 2 shifts a week, usually one night duty (yuck). Was on afternoon shift today which is usually my favourite, except that is when the nausea and vomiting hit, so I have to balance looking after the women and their babies with running for my best friend,"Huey"!

I'm going to try to work until 28 weeks but we'll see how I go. I'm going into hospital for the last month of the pregnancy, before the twins are born and so I am feeling the pressure to get everything done for Christmas. I'm supposed to go in end of November, so if I can bring in an income until the end of October, its gotta help!

Tiff that makes sense, it's so hard working when pg but must be harder with twins. Why do you have to be in hospital? Is it cos of twins or just a pg thing? I hope you do get to 28 wks, that will be hard!

I can't believe it, 1 more sleep and I get on the plane to QLD, now is the time I start worrying abut stuff like what if the plane crashes etc. I know it's prob silly but I guess you always worry about stuff like that when you are leaving the family behind. I think DH is going to have his work cut out for him with the kids by himself. I am secretly happy about that although as it is he has Thursday night at footy and Saturday at footy too, so not like he's stuck in the house all weekend.

Have a great day everyone
    Michelle

hi

thanks ambah for adding my details

Michelle- Lucca is not asking for a brother yet, but i can see he desperately needs one! the poor boy is over run by women LOL. yes i feel sorry for Lucca too, not having a brother, so lets hope this baby is a boy they do grow so quick dont they? it feels like i only just had my first and now i am having baby #5! i dont want this to be my last baby, but i have to be realistic i guess, i cant stay pregnant for the next 10 years. WOW, your party sounds like a huge event! im going to a 1st bday this weekend with about that many people going did you feel bad not doing the 5th and 10th bday parties? i can understand why you didnt, i have a similar problem, this year i had briella prem at 35 wks and she was born 23rd jan, then sapphires bday is feb 9th and ebonees is feb 26th, i just wasnt up to it. when it came to luccas in july, briella got sick and was in hospital the week before so we skipped that one too. i feel so bad cos none of them got parties this year, and it looks like the same will happen next year as the baby is due feb 4th, so i will probably end up skipping briellas and sapphires bdays.

Tiggy- wow, youre a midwife, how awesome! i would love to be a midwife, rewarding job i imagine. must be so hard being pregnant with twins and still working though, well done for keeping on going

so, has everyone finished having their families? has the subject of the "big snip" been brought up or done in your household? would love opinions on this if anyone has any thanks

thats enough from me for now.

talk soon

tiggy Guest

Michelle,

The reason I have to go into hospital is because my uterus ruptured with William. They don't want me to be too far away, in case things go wrong. I don't want that either, so am happy to go. Just don't know what I'll do for a month and don't know how Dave will cope either. William's story is in the miscarriage and loss section, if you want to read O

Have a great time in QLD! It's weird leaving the family behind, isn't it?

Kristi, I love being a midwife Best job in the world!

David and I have been talking about me having my tubes tied but I think I will wait it out until I'm sure these babies are okay.
    I have two good friends whose hubbies are about to do the deed though, after having four kids each!

When we found out we were pg with Dion, we asked for a referal for the snip! Dh has yet to go and see the Dr, is a bit scared!!! But that is the best for us, as I got pg, whilst BF and on the mini pill, so obviously we are too fertile IYKWIM!!!
    Hi Kristi ( my sis's name too!!!) I have been MIA since #4 was born ( DH has just gone back to work, and left me in peace LOL)
    Will catch u all later

hi

helo there Vanita, pleased to meet you , just wanted to say a big CONGRATULATIONS on the birth of your new son

the hard drive on my laptop went "im not working anymore" on thursday, im not happy at all, so i have to use my hubbys computer until i get mine back and just hope they can find the entire programme of mYOB i have spent the last 20 months building.

hope you are all well, and kiddies too

talk soon

HI girls

I would be glad to be in hospital too Tiff, but it will be difficult for all of you I am guessing. healthy bubs are the most important thing though.

We have had the snip talk, and Dh is procrastinating, I heard him say maybe when he's 35, which is just over 4 yrs away. I think I have done enough so I refuse to have tubes tied when I know that his snip is such a simple proceedure. I am on the pill and hopefully it continues to work or we will end up with 5 LOL, not the plan!

I am coming home from Qld tomorrow, so will get more of a chance top chat soon.

Vanita I bet you are glad that you have the time to yourself now that Chris is back at work, hopefully we will see more of you > Hope Dion ids doing well.

Catch up soon girls
    Michelle

hishersandours Guest

Hi girls,

Michelle how did Q'ld go?

Kristi, hi and welcome...

How's everyone else doing? Well all my kids are back at school this morning YAY for the peace and quiet!!!...So far ( touch wood) I'm still feeling good, with no signs of the flu...

Ahh the topic of " the big snip", we have discussed it as well...That's as far as we have gone, but we did decide that this will be the last baby.....

HI girls

Lisa Qld was warm LOL compared to Melb's 8 deg when I arrived this morning. I ddi lots of window shopping, did buy a top and a casual jacket for $18, so that was a bargain, but didn't have too much money to spend anyway. Got my haircut and styled, so that cost $60, plus just paying for lunch and dinners adds up. My Bil had his car towed cos he parked in the wrong place on Fri night which cost him $250, and my sister was majorly ****ed about that, but there were signs, we just didn't see them, and worst of all we could have parked next door to the restaurant for $8.00. He'll never do that againLOL. I wuold have been cut too if it was me.

Coming to the agreement of finishing having babies is a big one I think. The V talk is just as big though. I understand Arron's reluctance cos we are both 30 and it still seems young IYKWIM.

Hope everyone else is well

Cheers Mcihelle

hey everyone,
    Just checking in to see how you all are..Everyone here has been ok,still having problems with dh though,he wants to have his cake and eat it too....
    Dominic cut 5 teeth in 3 weeks so he has been grizzly but now the last one is coming through he seems a little happier....
    the girls have been good although we have had an out break of headlice here again,i hate them!!! We have had some beautiful weather here too....
    i missed the school bus again the other day because he changed his times again!!! So i have decided the kids will be going to the public school around the corner from us next term,maybe it will be easier that way...
    Cant stop and catch up on everyone today,i have to go and do housework!!!
    talk soon
    take care all!!!

HI Suzie

Bugger the bus driver, I guess not having to catch a bus wuld be much easier. Ouch for Dominic's poor mouth, He will be so glad it's over. Hope things sort themselves out relationship wise!

Not much happening in our madhouse, Jessica's 1st bday is on Friday so I am super sad at how quickly 12 mths has flown, but no sense crying cos time just doesn't stop lOL

Cheers Michelle

hi michelle
    yup i am expecting it to be a lot easier....not too sure about the school though,but i expect it will all work out alright,kids are adaptable at her age (6)...i think dp and i are heading for a split...there is not much i can do about it,but we sat down and chatted last night,and unless we can fix things there just doesnt seem to be much point in staying together in misery....
    Dommies teeth seem to be getting a little better now....
    Oh wow,i can believe that Jessicawill be 1 already....you are right though time flies and there isnt any use lamenting it going so fast because it doesnt stop it...
    Take care everyone

Susie so sorry to hear that, not that it's my business, but did you have any relationship counselling? Maybe that could help you, it is very tough to live through an affair. 6 yr olds do adapt well, so i'm sure things will go well.

Hope you ahve a good day
    Michelle

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast