Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Larger Families Chatter ~ May 2008-May 2009

When I was looking it up today I see on the RACV that is hasnt been implimented anywhere yet - but... Transport SA says they will come into effect from July. Vic Roads already has the information as the standard on its website and the RTA have a info pamphlet out with the new info too - dated Feb 2009.

Whether they are law now - anyones guess though. '-_-

The good news is the NSW and Vic ones do mention sizes OR ages, so I might keep one in the car with me just in case.

Argh! These new laws are going to drive me batty. Think I might go with approved harness style belts through the back of the commuter now just to save me the hassle. Apparently there is a push to change all lap belts for lap/sash as well, which I cant do in the bus with the seats I have - but the harness will just go in hassle free.
    Last edited by Inertia; April 16th, 2009 at 12:23 AM.

Argh! These new laws are going to drive me batty.
    ME TOO!!! It was funny cause DP came home after his babyco adventure and said "well that's it, we can't have any more!" LOL! I said, sure we can, we just need a new car! But I hadn't heard anything prior to this to say that it was LAW as such ....

Gee gone very quiet in here after the hole car seat talk. Where is everyone????
    I know we all have lots of kids but i still find the time once a day!
    Come on girls

Hi Mumof6 it does tend to get quiet in here a lot lately! When i first joined this was my favourite thread! It was full of great people and we always managed to find the time to get in here. In saying that we have all gone on to have more children and i think time is just not something we all have a lot of now.

I will be trying to make an effort to get in here a bit more, although i think once a day may be pushing it for meat the moment!

Anyway everyone I have decided (FINALLY) what it is I want to do with my life (apart from raising my beautiful family). I think having my eldest DS leave the nest has made me realise that thats how its going to be now, rather than bringing more into the family home they are all going to start leaving the nest every 2 or 3 years. This saddens me greatly but if they all leave with a good head on their shoulder and a wonderful heart like my eldest than i will be a very happy and proud Mummy. But it has made me think long and hard about what it is I want for a career. I have decided that what i really want to do is become a Midwife! I will have to do a ATPP course first but thats only 1 year. So my dream is that within the next 7 years i will become a fully qualified MW. The saddest part is that I will have to leave my babies to do it as being in the country i can't do it here, so in about 3 years i will leave my home to achieve my goal. If i can convince myself that my children will survive without me that is!

Ok well i have rambled heaps and now have to get back to writing invites for my DS 18th that is coming up at a rate of knots! I hope everyone is well and hopefully we will get a bit more chatty in here over time.
    Night All
    Kat

hello ladies...i think everyone just gets so busy ..its sometimes hard to find the time. Kat thats great you have decided on the next part of your life. Its nice having things to work towards. We were foster carers before we had Sammy and it prompted me to get back to uni where im now in my fourth year of social work. I plan to do a dip ed next year so then i have more options as the kids get older. A midwife would be a wonderful job, though i did a year and a half of nursing at uni and didnt want to go any further..it just wasnt for me.

Hello everyone else...maybe this thread will start taking off a bit more...

Jo

That's great Kat, being a mw would be wonderful!

Hiya Jo! Hope things are good for you.

Things have been really crappy here, I have to have an op in June to remove heaps of cancer cells from my face.I just had a tumor removed & they tested the cells around it argh all skin cancer.I really hope they don't have to cut open too much on my face.& that all this doesn't interfere with BFing Noah.

Katstribe....... good luck with becoming a MW. Lots of hard work ahead.

Storm....good darl i hope your ok thats terrible. No more sun for you young lady!!

Me....well here we come number#7. WE will be having a fet late may.
    So excited but scared all the same.

Jo...so sorry thats awful. Hope its a quick procedure for you.
    Oh wow mumofsix..exciting!!!!
    Jo

Oh wow Em that's fantastic news,the end of May woo hoo that's only a few weeks away!!
    Thanks for the well wishes ladies! But unfortunately I have to wean Noah onto the bottle before then as I have to have radiation, grrrrrr so I have 2 months left. I did ask if I could put off the treatment but they said no as the type of cancer I've got is aggressive, it's so not fair, Noah is the longest I have BF for & I am doing so well & now I have to stop, I guess I am just not meant to .

OMG Storm thats aweful news hun Its really sad that you have to give up BF too when you are doing so well! I guess the good thing is at least youhave been able to give Noah a good start and you should be really proud of yourself for that, because we all no how tough BF can be! As hard as it is I guess the best way to look at it is if you give up BF at least you get to be here to nuture all your kids as they grow I will pray for all those ugly cancer cells to POQ and DCB for ya hun.

Thanks for all well wishes in my career choice, and yep I know I have a lot of hard work ahead of me, sometimes when i think about whats ahead of me its almost enough to stop me from trying! But I will start my ATPP next year and then go from there i guess.

Mumof6 thas awesome news I am very excited for you! Then you will have to change your name to Mumof7. It is wonderful having 7 kids, some days i think i would like an 8th but then i feel i will never get to start my career...........what to do .... what to do!!!!

Anyway not much happening here just the norm but i have a screaming baby at my chair wanting some attention so i shall try pop back later!
    Have a great day

Cheers
    Kat

Quote Originally Posted by Mumofsix View Post
    Me....well here we come number#7. WE will be having a fet late may.
    So excited but scared all the same.

congrats! I thought I would be the first to point out your need for a name change but then I read katstribe's post and I see that I am not nearly as cleaver as I thought

Quote Originally Posted by storm View Post
    ... the type of cancer I've got is aggressive

Sorry to hear. Wish you the best and hope things work out ok.

Wow storm, hope everything is ok. Hope they don't have to take out too much skin.

How is everyone else doing?? We are fine here but I think Meara is starting to teethe. She is gnawing on everything and drooling like mad, mainly over me lol. DD1 had a dietician's appointment tonight and she has lost 1kg. Damn it thought she was doing so much better. Oh well another appointment in a fortnight and I'll try to feed her up until then.

Gotta go, it's getting late and I need more beauty sleep than I used to lol. Take care everyone

Thanks guys!! I'll get through this though, just wish it wasn't my face (not that I'm a looker anyway ) Noah had a bottle last night & chucked it up! gross!!

DH & Zac have gone away this weekend, woo hoo peace for us he he he he.

Hope DD1 gains some weight Kim, hope you got some lovely beauty sleep!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katstribe View Post
    It is wonderful having 7 kids, some days i think i would like an 8th but then i feel i will never get to start my career...........what to do .... what to do!!!!
    LOL! I'm having enough trouble trying to REALLY convince DP to go #5!!! LOL! I think he's on a bit of a see saw ..... I'd really love more, but .... we'll see what happens!

Storm - hope everything turns out ok hun!

Big to everyone else, just a fleeting visit tonight!

MWAH! xxx

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910