Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Larger Families Chatter ~ May 2008-May 2009

OK hon...i'll keep them here then

ok will forgive you for not having an easter baby...theirs always labour day weekend on the 8th of march

Maz - TTC again ASAP .... well, we're not exactly taking any precautions IYKWIM but not exactly actively trying either But I have always had a feeling that we would have a huge family - well, ever since I was a teenager, I felt I would have at least 5 kids ... who knows

Jo - hope bubs stays put while your DH is away! I always had that fear too, my DH is an interstate truckie, and I was always scared that I'd go into labour while he was 12 hours away! Never did TFFT!!

Cathie - hope all is going well with your brood too!

I don't know what size I'll need Maz, small or newborn? & I can't find anything in your shop, but then again, I'm dumb too. HELP!!!!

Gosh MM, I'd be scared with DH 12hrs away too, I'd probably freak myself into labour the moment he got too far away!woot at TTC again too!!

Why does everyone need to have an explanation for everything? Why is me and DH loving our children not enough reason for us to have 6? Why does the news that we are having #6 need to be met with "Well, I guess thats to be expected with Mags being 1 of 7".

Why was it, when my mum was having #6, people were saying "Well I guess thats to be expected with Gail being an only child"

WTF?

I wish people would stop trying to justify my life to suit their insane ideas of 'pre-disposition'. I am sick to death of every choice I make somehow becoming a reflection on my childhood. Why am I never given any credit for my decisions or blame for my mistakes - always my parents.

Its no wonder no one has any sense of personal responsibility these days. Its far easier to blame their parents.

Just had to get that out. Thanks for reading.

CathieW Guest

hey girls,
    I wanted other baby that would make 6, Well hubby went away for two weeks. And it was really hard with the 5 children by myself, so I'm thinking that I will just stick to 5.
    Cathie

Hi girl I haven't posted in here in nearly 12mths. Life is busy and we might be making it even busier soooon! Still very much in 2 minds which way to go but DF would like another one. He would also like me to have 2 embryos put back as we have 4 frozen blasties. So that means i could end up with either 7 or 8!!!!! I don't even know anyone on BB that has 8 kids......very quiet in here girls.

Ooooo 8 kids Em, go for it! The more the merrier!!

Has gone very quiet in here.

HHHEEELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?????

I guess we are all busy with our broods!!

DP is trying to convince me that #5 will be hard .. #4 is teething and not sleeping well, and he says "and you wanna do this AGAIN??!!" Hell yeah!! He tells the 2 youngest (even though the baby doesn't understand) to "make mummy's life hell so that she doesn't want #5" but at the same time, he was actually looking at bigger cars the other day after finding out about new child restraint legislation that might be coming as law, meaning that our kids will need restraints up til 7 years old, and our current car only has 3 anchorage points ....

Oh well, we'll see what happens!

Cathie - I admire you, doing it with twins!! My DP is away all week every week,so I am constantly left by myself with 4, I am pretty used to it, I figure, what's one or 2 more?! hehehe

Quote Originally Posted by mountain mummy View Post
    new child restraint legislation that might be coming as law, meaning that our kids will need restraints up til 7 years old
    Don't say that! I just put Harry's booster on layby. Now I will have to stick Sam in it and buy a second car seat! He's getting too big for the one he has! Typical of them to once again throw in a one size fits all legislation with kids - the most diverse bunch of individuals on the planet!

Whats the go with the new car seat laws??? I didn't hear anything but i don't offen get a chance to watch the news.

Storm......how did i know you would say that lol...

Mountain mummy.... I found 4# a really good number and everything ran like clock work.

From what I read quickly last night it goes like this.
    up to 12mo - Rearward facing car seat or capsule
    up to 4yo - Full upright car seat
    up to 7yo - Booster restraint

so does that mean up to 7yrs has to have the harness or just the booter with the normal seat belt??

Firstly WHOLLY CRAP Storm I can't believe you have had your bub! That shows how long it has been since i was on here last! You still had a beautiful big belly!
    Hi to everyone else, I think life jsut gets in the way of us Mums having time to ourselves! Well I know thats what it is with me anyway. I do volunteer office work at the school 2 days a week and then class help sometimes on the other 3 days so not much time left for anything else. So school hols is the only time we are not all running around mad!

Mumof6 I say go for it too. Babies are wonderful; and yes there are some trying times but then there are some very rewarding times too. I have 7 wonderful children, my eldest (almost 18) left home in January and he is doing really well out on his own. It is a wonderful feeling to see them succeeding in life on their own (it means we got something right).

As for the new lawas this has been talked about for some time now (in QLDanyway) but i didn't think anything was happening with it! Not that it matters too much for us as our 7yr old still sits in a booster cause she likes the extra height!

Well still only 7 kids for me, don't think i will have anymore, I would love to just keep having babies but there must be atime to stop i suppose. I would really like to start working towards my dream of becoming a MW, but in QLD you have to become aRN first I think so it will be aslow process once i figure out where to start!

Hope you all had a great easter
    Cheers
    Kat

To be honest, it doesn't make any distinction. It later says children should not graduate to adult seat belts until 7yo, which leads one to believe harness style - but seeing how it doesnt specify harness I think it means both is fine. We have a lap harness attachment anyway from when Lyta moved to a booster - but the recommendations are fairly vague in that.

One thing I did notice was that they went on and on about height and weight and how they are vital for proper child restraints - and then go on about how they are going to use age as a guide instead because we parents don't know our childrens height and weight! WTF?

Sam has practically zero body fat, but is all muscle - and it just gets bigger, so his weight is already pushing him out of a standard 26kgs booster now. Am I supposed to leave him on the seat because he is oversized for the child restraint - which will be considered unsafe, or put him in one because he is 6 - which will be considered unsafe? Same with Harry. He is 15kgs. He'll be 18kgs before he is 4yo. Am I supposed to keep my oversized baby in an unsafe restraint because they have decided to go by age?

They say provisions will be in place for this, but that depends on my state - and those enforcing it.

*headdesk* As I said - One size fits all apparently.

Kat!!! Has been along time hey, wow Miss Molly is 11 months old already!! How on earth does the time go without realizing?????

HAHA Em, I wonder how too hehehehehe...

Wow I never heard anything about the new laws either, I must live under a rock LOL. Does that mean Noah will be backwards for 12 months? That's normal isn't it though?

Sorry for worrying the gee willickers outta everyone ... it's just that DP went to get a booster for our 3 year old (14 kgs) and the chick at babyco said that while it is still legal now, there is a big push for it to become legislation (as apparently NSW is behind other states in regards to this ) and she'd hate for us to buy a booster (unharnessed) and then not be able to use it for a few more years ....

I'm really in two minds about it all ... I understand the safety aspect, but as others have said, are we presumed not to know our own kids statistics, and have some law enforcer tell us the just because they are not yet a certain age that we are breaking the law????

My eldest DS was a BIG baby (thankfully the biggest so far lol!) and by 18 months (he was already 14-15kgs), he was literally squished into the child restraint, with all padding removed (basically the bare essential basic child seat), so I had no choice but to put him in a booster (and back then, they didn't come standard with harnesses like today) because it WAS unsafe having him cramped in a child seat.

At the end of the day, what can they do if you have the youngest properly restrained, and have the older ones on boosters etc, due to lack of room??? They have to understand with bigger families that you can't just keep going and buying bigger cars!! Are they gonna starting fining you for having "too many kids for the size of the car"??

Laws laws laws. Might ring around and see cause i would hate to get pulled over and get into trouble. My 3yr old DS is 14kgs and loves using the bob the builder booster with the normal car belt. He has a maxi rider seat but just unclips it anyway and has done since he was about 17mths the little $hit. My 5yr old Ds is 17kgs and doesn't use any car seat at all so i might look at putting the little booster back in the car. And the baby well she's fine in her baby seat.

Well girls I have my FS appointment on the 29th April to give me the go ahead to use my frozen embryos. Af is meant to be here today but she hasn't arrived as yet. So my next af in May will be our first fet. God what am i getting myself into! I must be crazy people already think im nuts with 6!!! There all gunna think im off the planet lol

Hey Storm I know time flies, and i reckon you get so caught up in ones own life that you forget that other peoples bubs or bellies are growing (or disappearing)too! My life has been sooo hectic since i had Molly, i seriously don't get much time to myself! Not that I am complaining. I wouldnt have it any other way.Some days i think i would like another one but then other days i think its time i started thinking about my career that i want! It will take some time to achieve that goal so I will have to get started soon if i have def finished having bubs.

As for all these car seat laws I wish they would just bl**dy make up their minds, I knew it was all talked about but never thought anything was in place, then my Dad said something to me one day about not having my then 6yr old DD in a restraint. I was like um i didn't think anything had changed, just talked about! While he wasn't certain if anything was actually in place i decided since my DD enjoyed being in a booster i would just go with it to be on the safe side. I still do NOT know what the lwas are in QLD.

Anyway I am of to bed it was great to finally find some time to get in here and see what s going on! Hopefully i will a bit more now that DH is working again
    Night Girls

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast