Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger Families ~ July 2006

Welcome Storm!

I can relate - this is my 7th and I was actually sobbing this morning when DH helped me out of bed. I'm ok when Ive been up for a while, but first thing in the morning and I'm in agony. It took me about 10 mins to roll from one side to another and DH helps me out by lifting me up. Its quite embarrassing, lol.

Hi Jan, is your sister's little one here yet?

Take care ladies and please send me some labour vibes - I am OVER it!!

Nat I can't believe your very nearly due. Labour vibes coming your way hun.
    Welcome Storm and congrats on baby No. 5, I feel the same way, I have my older two and my younger three although if I do go back and it is a boy I will have three lots really, lol2, 2 and 2.

tiggy Guest

Nat
    LABOUR VIBES for you, hun!
    Hope you meet your baby soon.

Hey girls finally figured out some of you had posted, must npot have ticked for notifications lol
    Welcome Michelle, you can join the Michelle's here on bb, there are about amillion of us lol
    Also congrats storm, I have a big gap between the first and 3rd, 8a nd a half yrs and I think it is good in loads of ways. The bigger ones can help around the house and it does make it a little easier.

I don't have time to post atm just wanted to say hi to all and I will come back when I have a bit more time

Well, I thought I had better welcome the new girls into our Larger Families Family.
    I'm Jess for those who don't know me and I have 6 kids all under the age of 11.

Labour vibes coming your way Rayla!!!

Thanks guys, I'm needing them and I must say at the moment if I ever contemplate doing this again can somebody remind me how I am feeling at this particular moment, lol...

How is Patrick, Jess? Hope he's doing better.

Mitch4now - tell me about it! Everyone is either a Michelle, a bec or a Melinda!!

Thanks Tiff and Dee. How are you guys going?

Hi Ladies!
    Thanks for your welcomes!!

Ooooh Natalie, so close now!! Dont worry about wanting another one, all this discomfort will be forgotten next year so go for it!!
    I was thinking that I don't want this to be my last either. . . . . . surely you have to stop somewhere, I reckon thatll be when my body doesn't work anymore!! Although the NF test has scared the crap outta me this time so who knows what's gonna happen.

Hi Jess, nice to ah meet you!!Patrick is so so so cute!!!!!!!!

Hi Dee, If this baby is a girl we'll go back to a female dominant household, yippee!! But it doesn't really matter, would be cool though, we are even atm. Nathan is just gorgeous!!!

Thanks Michelle, I love the big gap too, my bigger kids are absolutely awesome with Zaccie, I guess I am very lucky there, Dylan has even changed a ****ty nappy!

well we are definitely not having anymore, unless fate makes it happen lol
    I am happy with my 4 and always wanted 4 so got what i wanted. I did have a breakdown of sorts lol when Jessica started getting around as my baby was gone but I dealt with it lol. I think that in some ways I would love another baby but I htink it is because I love babies so much IYKWIM. Financially we are surviving on 1 wage and it will get harder as they get older, esp when Jordan is in High school next year. So we are all done.
    Rayla- hugs and LV's not much longer, and the problem is we so easily forget the pain and dicomfort don't we lol
    anyway gotta fly, had kinder duty this morning, very tired and getting nothing done

Hi ladies,

Just a quick question. After the birth they will give me an injection to make the uterus contract faster to reduce the risk of postpartum haemmoraging (sp?). Did you all have this? I had the gas during labour with my last baby and they gave me pethidine AFTER the he was born to deal with the afterpains.

Is it as painful if you dont have the injection? They say they get worse with every baby so I'm really starting to dread them. I'm such a sook.

On another note, I ended up in hospital over the weekend and DH took the 6 kids to work with him!!! What a fantastic effort. We own a little convenience store/deli and he had them all in there with him. Needless to say he closed early, lol. Theyre ages are 9,7,5,4,3 and 2. I never take all of them at once on my own, so hats off to him.

tiggy Guest

Nat,
    Yep, synto injection to help the uterus contract down.
    Nat, I don't know if they WOULDN'T give you the synto. In the obstetric world, lassies like us are called GRAND multips! We tend to lose the synto choice because we have a higher risk of haemorraging.
    I think your afterbirth pains will still be ouchy, even when you have the synto.
    Sorry.
    Sorry also to hear that you have been in hospital, are you ok?
    Hope you get to meet your little one soon.

Hey Nat yeah I don't think it will make any difference with regards to pains I know the after pains after my last were heaps worse, pains right down into my legs. Only pain killers will help I think. Have you not had the injection in previous pg I had it all 4 times.
    Hats off to your DH what an amaing effort to have them all in at the same time, I know mine wouldn't have done that lol
    How is everyone going? We are all going along as usual, flat out like a lizard dinking lol
    wouldn't be my life if it wasn't like that though
    hugs Michelle

Okay thanks everyone. I was kind of hoping that the it was that intense because of the injection. Oh well, how hard can it be - right? lol.

Tiff, I just had some swelling in my left leg and they kept me in to make sure it wasnt DVT. It turns out I'm just water-logged I cried all night because I was worried about leaving all my babies, but DH handled himself well. It really made me clucky though, seeing and hearing all those little newborn bubbas. Cant wait now!

I hope everyone is well and your kids are all happy, healthy and behaving like little darlings

Rofl at being little darlings!!
    We've had a few norty days here!!
    Kids stealling my lollies & little Zaccie putting the remote down the loo!!
    lovely.......

My daughter 'washed up' my mobile phone. Oh the joys!!!

Hang in there Nat, won't be long now.

Storm phones in the loo, aargh!!

nothing much happening here, just jumped on to do some banking
    will come back later

pmsl I got that mixed up didn't I, phones being washed and remotes in the loo,

neither very good though

Mmmmmm why do little ones think that's what loo's are for????

when corey was 2 he decided he wanted to have a bath in our loo.....
    oh and the cat too!!!!
    nikki

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast