Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger Families ~ July 2006

Don't worry Rob, I would never do that to her!!! We were planning on having b'day parties (like for her friends) in the middle of the year, the poor bugger is only going to have 1 day a year for pressies & have to wait a whole year in between, so we though about parties earlier for her.Hehehehe I could never combine them on her. I was gunna do her b'day after lunch when everybody has settled down from the xmas excitement, so then she can feel special all to herself. But then we'll be making her wait for her b'day, ahhhhhhhh why did she have to come early????

Hi 7th heaven, welcome!!

Welcome seventh heaven and congrats on your pg. I have Jordan DD 12, Joshua 7 Jemma almost 4 and Jessica 2. It is fun to be a big family isn't it??

Tiff that is a super price for that cruise!! Great find excellent and kids club to boot, you guys may get to relax ! I don't think there will be any room in the suitcase lol I packed my overnight bag the other night and took 4 outfits cos couldn't decide what to wear lol We are taking 2 huge suitcases with us and that is it cos we are not hiring a car so need to not have too many cases. Any souveniers will have to go in carry on luggage lol

Storm- xmas bdays are so hard, I remember having loads of dicomfort when pg with Jemma on xmas day (7wks early) and praying that she wouldn't come. She didn't either. My gf bday is xmas eve and it isn't easy to make it all about her, even her mum usually doesn't get her a bday pres which is sad. We have dropped around the last 2 xmas eve's to visit and bring her something. I hope you can make it partly her special day, it is def no easy task to buy 2 lots of pressies for her. Money isn't ery free flowing at that time of the year.

has there been an anouncement re Nicole's bub??? better go check!

tiggy Guest

Oh Dang, Michelle, thought I might have got me a free holiday and an invite to a wedding!!! LOL.

Sorry, not enough people to push the extra suitcase lol
    But I wouldn't mind your cruise either!!

Gee I've been really slack huh? Sorry guys!
    Things are going good here, except for a pesky 14 yo boy whose gonna find himself chained up to the bloody clothesline real soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Grrrr I have so had enough of his stinking rotten attitude it's not funny!!

Hi girls I haven't posted here for a while, gee anyone would think I was busy, lol. We moved to the gold Coast about 10 days ago. That was an experience as we moved ourselves. Quoted $8000 to be moved, we moved ourselves for a little under $3000. The older girls are loving their new school. We are having fun exploring our new habitat. Although I miss DH heaps and heaps. We have a two year plan. I could never be a single mum, OMG. It will all work out.
    Welcome to the group Seventh Heaven, we are all pretty friendly here.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 8th, 2007 at 08:04 AM.

Oh no Dee, does that mean you'll be on your own for 2 years? I love the Gold Coast. Weve got a 2yr plan too and it involves a move to QLD, lol. Must be a big family thing, hehe.

Not a solid 2 years, lol. But he'll do thefly in fly out thing, 2 weeks on 1 week off. I'll finish my Teaching Degree and He'll stayout there (Tieri) untill his long service is due which is Jan 2009, He is also doing is contractors ticket. Him staying out there will nip a couple personal loans off and a chunk off the mortgage. I can be out Teaching next year (Fingers crossed I get a job) and do the Grad Bachelor of Ed inservice. It will be really hard but if we keep busy, time will fly. I just have to convince DH to keep with the plan. He's already changing his mind, but Iknew he would do that. He misses us heaps. The girls Hockey starts up in a couple of weeks, so does uni. So I know I'll be very busy.

EDT: Queenslands the best, lol. Make the move it's great up here. The Gold Coast is Fabulous. I'm a real advocate now, lol
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 8th, 2007 at 09:44 AM.

Yes, I imagine it would be so hard on him not to see you and the kids. But just think of the catching up you can do

I used to live in Brisbane and we have 3 blocks up there. One is under contract, which is fabulous and we will probably sell another to build on the 3rd - does that make sense, lol? Thats our 2 yr plan. We'll have to catch up when we make the move

Wow Dee thats a big move and tough all round, on you having 5 kids mostly ft and him having to be away so much, but if you are committed to it it will work. Good luck with uni too, what sot of teaching are you doing? I am a prim teacher, not working atm, will wait till girls go to school and then get back to it. I love it.

Have started my job roster for the kids, and last night I had 4 kids in bed on time and in clean rooms too, Josh has been on time for school for the last 2 mornings as well. They get points or their jobs and can trade 50 points for $1, Josh is trying hard, even vacced his room last night. Gotta love it!!

They get points or their jobs and can trade 50 points for $1, Josh is trying hard, even vacced his room last night.
    Thats a really good idea Michelle, I might give that one a go too.

Hi Girls....

Well everyone seems to be moving lately!! MY gf just moved to Townsville start of January..she was quoted $8000 as well but sold off all her stuff and then the rest only cost $2000...so off they went to start again!! must be very hard for everyone..she left from being in the drouught..to floods and cyclones!! Must admit being here in country vic with everything dead around you,no green to be seen..it does get you down. Some people are even getting fake turf for their front lawns..looks good but who's got the money for that????Not me!! Money has been real tight, bills pouring in and nothing seems to be going right lately..lol.. Well hope evryone else is well and good luck with moves and starting fresh!!

jan xx

Jan, are you okay, mate?

Yeah..

I am fine thanks Nat. just sometimes we all need to let off a little steam and I have been under a lot of stress lately,few personal attacks on family from very childish workers at my DH factory,where he has worked for the last 16 years. So needless to say we have had to re-evaluate the important things in our life and concentrate on those ie: my beautiful family!! Everywhere here is always water water water...when will it rain?? If their is no significant rain by the end of the year my DH job may be not there. He works at a Dairy factory and we rely on the farmers...anyway we can cross that bridge if we ever get to it.. I think after Dee and having her Dh away atm I should count my blessings tha we are all together..You must be a strong woman Dee cause I need my DH with me everyday.We do everything together. I admire you.

So I think things will pick up just having a bit of a downer atm...sorry if i bring you girls down too..

Jan xx

Not at all, hun. I hope things start looking up for you soon. These things seem to go in cycles. Your up time will be here again soon. Big hugs to everyone who needs them

HIuge hugs from me too jan, stay strong the tide will change....think positive.

I know money stuff is tough for lots of people atm, me included, and when you are poor it just gets you down. I really need to get past all these crazy bills!!!! Bloody rates arrived today !

Hi girls, I started this post yesterday evening, lol.
    Natalie, that would be great.
    Michelle Yes we have to be committed, I don't need to remind him that he couldn't get the same money he's on here. We are a typical high income high debt family, but we are trying to make a new start and cut down so that we can both enjoy living here. Nursing's shift work and five kids and a shift working husband doesn;t work, especially when we don't have family to back us up. Teaching will allow me to earn a decent wage and be home with the kids for holidays, perfect really. I wish I thought about that when I was 17 I could have done it then instead of Nursing. Oohhhh but I love being a Nurse, so conflicted, lol.
    Oh yeah, I'm doing Early Childhood, wanted Primary but they have changed the system here. Early years 0-8 Middle years 9-14 and senior years 15-18. I didn't want to get stuck doing prac at a high school, doesn't interest me, so I thought I'd do Early first and then Middle later on when I'm in service.

Edt: Jan I'll send you some rain vibes. Hang in there mate, and remember that good things come to those who wait. I really hope your DH doesn't lose his job. I am finding it hard without DH here, he is such a hands on dad. He really misses us too, but it is only two years to get ourselves out of the proverbial sh it. Once we cut down the personals he can come down here and earn what ever Because we will own the car have no loans except the house, it will be worth it. I just have to keep busy and time will fly.
    Last edited by Coolabahdee; February 9th, 2007 at 09:10 AM. Reason: missed all the posts in between, lol.

Hiya ladies

Jan sorry to hear things are tough atm....like Nat says it goes in cycles and you will be up on top in no time. Keep your chin up.

Dee sounds like you have a great plan. Hope it works out for you.

Storm arrrgh to your 14 yo lol. They get so much harder as they get older dont they. How is Amy settling into high school. Jess is loving it....getting a very conceited though...we are trying to keep her grounded but shes being overwhelmed by male attention. Just will have to keep her very very busy over the next few years lol

Michelle you have a great system in place with the kids..its great to find something that works isnt it.

Hi Nat..hows your beautiful kiddies going.

Tiff how are you settling into working again..you are such a legend!!!!

Weve had lots of changes over the past couple of months. Darrens left his day job to finish his Education degree. Its so great cos we can both return to study and share the care of Sammy and only have my friend watch him for an afternoon a week. Our business is going well so Darren is able to work a few nights a week and keep us afloat...im loving it right now. Weve gone from never seeing Darren to having him around all the time..lol. Sammy is just loving it. Hes Daddy's little shadow right now. It just feels so much better for us making our family the priority.

Jo

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast