Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What car are you larger families driving??!!

Our van is off the road atm so driving a friends car for a week, so weird. I don't have the vision I have when high up in a van and I have become a nobody on the road. People notice you more in a van but in a car your'e just a little person! I felt like I was sitting on the road when driving as well. I can't wait to get my into my van next week and see the world again! It has been a novelty for the kids though to ride in a car with their own doors that open out!

I would love to have a Volvo XC90 - seven seater. Mind you I'd love to have five kids too... however after tonight with two sugared-up to the max, I'm kinda over it...

Default drive tarago

we drive a tarago 94 model 8 seater , we a 4 children , my hubbie wants more

Ive seen the VW wagons and they look awesome.
    We have a ford explorer 7 seater and really need to get something were the boys can stretch their legs..but not for a while cause of $$$$$
    We were looking at Kia's and was told to get from 2004 upwards....I dont mind the Trajets though...might have to pimp it up abit for my liking what are they like for boot space??

The Trajet and Kia are simiular, but you have to get a GOOD Kia, thats fairly new. The Trajet is awesome!! Boot space about the same... not too much!! A twin pram and that was it for both...

We got our Commuter on the weekend, and LOVE it!!! Each kid has thier own seat, we have 3 spare seats and a HUGE boot, with both prams, school bags, and 2 overnight bags, we still got a fortnights groceries for 7 people in it!!

ETA... The Kia is higher, but lighter, and a bit swayier in the wind.... The Trajet is solid and stable.. Seating is the same, and the back seats aren't too good for 3 kids over the age of about 10.. too squishy... mitsubishi Delicas have bigger seats and 3 fit easy...

thanks honey

going to go and look up the mitsubishi now

and WOO HOO one the new car...WTG on the boot room.

oh I've just gone and looked at the commuter it looks great Right now we've got a Chrysler Grand Voyager 7 seater but with TTC #5 I'm reallyyy not going to fit 4 carseats and a booster in it so we are looking at something bigger (also because we do want to foster and we always seem to have extra kids with us so need a cpl of spare seats!)

We've been looking at a transit but they seem TOO big, a commuter looksjust right so we will have to go start searching some out

I love my chrysler although its rather expensive for repairs and whatnot as all parts need shipping in from america but its roomy enough that when I've had 'girls nights out' we've quite comfortably had 7 adult females in there Its lovely to drive but trying to get 3 carseats in the back is impossible and even with 2 its squishy for any child thats old enough to just sit on the seat!

Jed and I just had a good look at af ew of these cars and we have now decided that we like the trajet..wow is all I can say..and god I wish I had the $$$ cause theirs one on ebay that has really taken our eye

We bought our Trajet 18 months ago for $18000, a 2001 model, and are selling it now for around the $15000, prob get about 13,500- 14000. So have alook at second hand ones too. They are cheap to repair, but ours didn't have a days trouble!!

Transits are VERY big, and expensive to repair. They are very boxy too. We went with commuters after talking to my cousin who is a truck dealer. Will run for around 600000 kms and very cheap and easy to repair (toyota)

We took out the back 3 seater. We still have 11 seats, but it gave us the big boot.

PLease note, in NSW, any seats over 12 need a LR licence to drive it, and blue slips each year. We dont need to now because the backseat is gone.

Good luck folks!!!

Oh yay! You got the commuter PM. I saw one the other day and thought "oh yeah, I'd wanna fill that with kids too" Hee hee

We have a trajet!! Love it!

Thanks Lulu. We just love it!!! we have the...
    2 car seats on one 2-seater bench, so the babies are with each other
    2 more 2-seater benches
    and 2 single seaters,
    with a 3rd seat in the middle in the front (which we wont be using)
    So each big kid has their own seperate seat, and there is three spare seats for friends and such. Just perfect!!
    We took off the old tint, it was purpley and bubbly, and just had it re done... she looks so flash!! For a 91 model, she's great!! Air con, stereo and a microphone from when she was a tour bus!! We plugged our ipod into it!!

ETA: Storm, aren't they great!! I'd rather sell Adams little car and keep the Trajet as the second car, but we wont get as much money for Adams, so its goodbye to my baby...

Sounds great Jodie

We have 4 kids and usually a few extra so the kia carnival was the best option its a 2002 model and dispite the bad reports we have never had a day of trouble its good on fuel heaps of room we have a roof mounted dvd player and head phone for all kids so when its playing we dont hear a sound the seats can be removed to make more room the only down side is the more room for kids the less room for pram we had a 3 wheeler and to fit it in i had to take the front wheel off that was so much drama so i sold it and bought a pram/ stroller birth to 18 kgs its great and the price to by the pram was good too
    kath

We used to have an 06 model Kia & we loved it & also never had a problem with it, but we traded it on a nissan patrol which was more suitable for us (we are farmers), plus DH wants to start doing his 4wd'ing again! MEN!, but it fits all the kids comfortably so thats OK!

Have any of you heard of the Ssangyong Stavic? it is a Mercedes Vito with a nicer price tag! I like them because they actually have some front end. the engine is under the bonnet not the front seats. they are like a 4WD crossed with a Van and you can get them in 4WD i think. I like that you can have it set up to fit the kids (when they are smaller and dont need much leg room) in the very back and have the very back seat forward enough to have the same amount of boot space as a station wagon, and if you have older children they can go in front of the younger ones and have tonnes of leg room as all of the seats are adjustable or removable. They are not too common as they have only recently come to australia but they are Very good. They have a mercedes Engine (so it will last!) and the mercedes Vito body is made by Ssangyong, so the only differences are the windows and the badges. and $50,000 on the price tag! the Ssangyong is only $32990 brand new wheras the Merc is over $80,000! No I dont sell them for a living but I do like them and will be getting one eventually! My daewoo wont fit a third baby let alone a fourth and twins run in my family so we need to be prepared incase we get twins next time.

After alot of humming and haaring we are going to pick up our new Kia Carnival tomorrow. It is going to cost us $9000 to fix our Ford Explorer and we got $6000 trade in on it. We got a 2003 model that has only done 40,000km and one owner. I measured the boot and I can fit a wheelchair in it for down the track. I cant wait...It costs us $110 to fill the explorer atm and we only get 380km out of a tank.....Ive heard that they are very economical so im looking forward to getting more for my $$$ petrol wise. Can anyone let me know how many Km's they get out of a tank in their Kia please?

I can't quite remember how much we used to get out of a tank, but it was pretty good on fuel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast