Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Larger Families Chatter - October 2007

Default Larger Families Chatter - October 2007

Welcome to the chat thread for Larger Families. On BellyBelly we class "larger" as having 4 or more children.

Your moderators for this thread are

Ambah [email protected]
    Astrolady [email protected] Admin
    Sarah [email protected] Admin

Your old thread can be found here

Woohoo I am first to post !!!!!! yayayayayay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Except who have i got to talk to????????????????????
    nobody here!

Hey Kat..

Yay that you were first..

What is happening in your world atm?

Ive text Storm to see what she's up to girls...waitng for a reply....wonder if she caught her egg this month???
    I can sit when im in pain and figure may as well make myself useful. hahahah just me Kat but I always start 'nesting' around 30 weeks.
    Started on that disgusting pile of washing and hung all my nappies out. Have my SIL coming up for the night to spend some time with us which will be nice. Putting a roast in not that I'll be able to eat much (like usual)
    What happening in your worlds?????? tell me something exciting!!!!!!

Hi Blue not much happening here, sad hey!!! I don't have time for a life as i am too busy trying to keep up with all my kids!!!!LMAO

Maz i hope stom did catch her egg this month, that would be soooo coool!
    The roast sounds yummy, got any left?????

Oh i did go for my antenatal check yesterday, and spoke to one of the docs ( unfortunately only a locum) but after i pushed the fact that i knew all the statistics he said that if i came into hospital in labour and everything looked good then as long as i was willing to accept that i would be checked more frequently (internal examinations) and stuff than he would be more tha happy for me to go trial of scar!!!! So that was awesome just to hear that from any doc! I have booked my ultrasound for the 29th Nov, so can't wait to find out what we are having@!!!!!
    Also Mitchie had paed appoint on monday and physio on wed and both are really happy with his improvements, they reckon by the time he is 2 we will wonder what all this fuss was about!!!! So that was awesome news to hear too!!!!!!!

OMg - Kat I am so JEALOUS!!!!!! how awesome to go VBAC honey. Ive got everything crossed that your scare holds it together...mines starting to tear internally already..I can feelit on my right hand side! B A S T A R D!!!!!!!!
    Text Storm she didnt catch the egg but said she can now have heaps of fun trying wonder if their kitchen is ready ROFL

ooohhh Maz, That is terrible about your scar. Hope it holds till your ready to have a little person.

Kat.. I know what you mean about there being so much happening with the fam that you just dont 'do' anything..

My mum is in town atm.. it is the first time that she has seen my two little ones and they dont like her haha serves her right.. Long story. might tell you all sometime.

Glad that you are all ok talk soon..

hey any one seen Soul around?? she doesnt come in here any more..

Maz that is aweful hun, i truly feel for ya! If our bodies and our babies would just do what they were supposed to then we wouldnt have to go through any of this!!!!!!
    Bugger about storm not catching the egg! Maybe she wanted to wait and try out the new kitchen LMAO

Blue it sounds like your mum might be a bit like DH's mum!But their loss not ours!

Anyway have a great day everyone, I am off to get ready and then taking preppies up for their first swimming lesson!!!! Should be heaps of fun, and prob a lot of hard work to get them all ready but hey its all part of it! They are all so excited about going!!!!!

YES where is SOUL???????????? She must be real busy with her studies. Plus she had a lot going on emotionally so I am sure she will come back in when she can.........

Cheers
    Kat

BLue - Vyolett is the same with my MIL and FIL - they barely see us (they are in Melbourne and we're up here in Shepparton) but they can fly up to Newcastle and spend time with the eldest and his son...pi$$es me off! My eldest asked what he had done wrong last time they were here cause they only stayed for 45 mins inbetween visiting their friends. My SIL has just left after 2 days and she said something that erked me before leaving. She said that Nikolaus would finally meet his cousins dog and I said thats if we see them...she said we cant expect Declan not to be there..grrrr when can my kids have time to bond with their grandparents...really AHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    As for family (Inlaws) my SIL finally has seen how busy I really am. She walked past our calender and asked me when I had some me time...I just laughed!!!
    Kat - I should get back into that thread I started again.....ah the joys....8 1/2 weeks now (Im not counting at all am I pmsl)
    Might go and fold this dame washing finally

Love you all!

Hiya all just thought i would stick my nose back and see what ya all up to! I have the been doing all the usual stuff and the year is ending sooo fast. I am having a"it sucks to have a disabled child" day. Life is so tough for him and it hurts so much to see him struggle with the simple things in life,. Well I better go before I start moaning some more or cry. Love to you all....Bree

Been outta town for a wedding... took the 2 young boys and they were PERFECT the WHOLE trip!!! DH and I had a blast!! Kanes op is only 2 weeks away, after which i'll post a new pic!! It has been very quite in here, but I've been starting threads all over the place like a mad woman! I think i'm stressing heaps about the op, but holding it in till i get to Sydney.
    Hope all is well girls!! Oh and DH bought me platnium membership, so now I've got a heaps sexy av!!!

looks like we're all busy buggers at the moment...atleast we all understand it! I get annoyed when people in other threads go...were is such and such..oh you dont post much!!! BLAH to them!!
    Im going to Melbourne thi swekend to catch up with osme of the nappy thread girls for a sew up day and my last day away before I have this bub. Im tkaing NIkolaus with me so he can spend some quality time with the IL's - he needs it ATM..bit emotional and such.
    Bree - dont even get me started about having a special needs kid...im a bit over it aswell hench going away for a break this weekend. I keep crying and having spack attacks cause im sick of the non help thing from all the 'services' haa crock of pooh bah if you ask me...big hugs honey.
    Jodie - noticed you were looking quiet ravishing there hehehehhe you go girl!!!!
    Kat - were are you hidding out?
    Soul - I have to ask...stupid question how long have you got until your a qualified Doula?
    Storm - hope the moving in to your new home is going well..
    Hello everyone else getting kicking in the you know were..note very nice!!!

Hiya again - well I have just gone thru and read all the posts I missed - took me a while!!!

Congrats lea and dustmite on the good news!!!
    Hows ya pregnancy going Kat??
    Has Storm settled in yet??

Well today I am having a "Ican't be bothered doing anything" day But that doesn't mean much cos I gotta do stuff anyway!!

I still haven't had my period since miscarring in August - a bit strange and I am sure I am not pg again. Our bodies are weird sometimes!!!

I will try to be back in here more often.

Have a happy Wednesday!

Hi guys

This will be fairly brief as i am sick atm! It started with a sore neck when i woke up on thursday last week and then sore throat the next day and then to my head the day after, and now its going to my chest!!!!!!!!!! I am so over being sick! At least the sore neck is better now, lol got to look on the bright side.

Hey Maz i hope you have a good weekend and try and relax, as you can see i am here but only just!!!
    Man it is getting soooo close for you..

Hi halltribe, preg going well i guess i still dont really feel pg if you can understand that! Especially now that the morning sickness has passed. I am feeling better about this PG now that Mitchie is coming along so well. Not sure if you remember but he has mild form of floppy baby syndrome, anyway he has improved in leaps and bounds recently and did his first thing that was within normal range, all beit at the back end but he started sitting up all by himself,!!!! A huge accomplishment and still slow but hey within normal range is good enough for me!!!!!!!!!!!!
    So this is why i have found it a bit hard to get into this PG because he takes up a lot of time with physio and stuff and i felt like he was going to be ripped off from my time IYKWIM!!!!

Anyway this was meant to be short so hi to everyone, can't wait to hear how storm is settling in. An update from you too soul on your doula course would be great when you can find the time!!!!
    Keep your chin up purplemamma it is tough when our kids go for any sort of surgery but you can have a cry while he is in theatre and then be the strong mamma he will need when he comes out again!!!! You can do it hun!!! Good luck and keep us posted!!!!

Ok i am out of here i am knackered!!!

Night girls and sorry to all i have missed!!

Is anybody out there??? spooky thats its so quiet!

Tonight we usually take the kids to Brigades but they went to bed instead....they were all mucking around, etc when they were supposed to be getting ready blah blah and in the end I was gonna lose so enough we stayed home and I destressed!!! Do you girls also finds it takes you hours to get ready (not us the kids) to go somewhere for a few hours!!! By the time I feed them, clean them, dress them, toilet them, pack the stuff for them and finally get them into the van I am ready to stay home!!! My kids are great and they do help so I shouldn't be so hard of them but there are lots of them so it always means the noise level is at a dull roar and space is at a premium! But it is never ever lonely!!!! Gee I love my family and the chaos that goes with it!!!

Halltribe - I always try and get my @rse into gear the night before...not that it works most of the time but god woman you have 6 babies!!!! I hate taking them all shopping cause the boys start on each other and I could just bang their heads together.....and I find they are worse when DH is home to help too. IM more
    worried about Vy sharing a room with a baby atm.
    How do you girls cope with a small one and a new baby sharing then??? We have decided that this baby will be with us for hopefully the first 3 months then we really want Vy and bub to share...what do you guys do about sleep times? Any advice would be gratly appreciated
    Kat honey - I hope you get better soon...I hate being sick when pg...I am so looking ford to this weekend. Even Jed said that Im looking abit frazzled atm and need a break. Im going shopping while im down there too..heheheheh what he doesnt know wont hurt him
    hello eveyrone else hope your all keeping as sane as can be
    Have a lovely weekend you all
    xxmaz

Tell ya what I do Maz, once bubs is outa my room I put baby in with one of the older children. That way the toddler can still have their sleeps and I don't have to stress what the toddler maybe up when I am not looking!!! It also gives the older child a real buzz and makes them feel so important! They just love the baby and the bit of responsibility, it also helps with their bonding time if there is a bit of a gap from the oldest to the baby. My older boys love their littlest brother and will evn change a nappy occassionally!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast