Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are you a mother of more than 3?

mum5boys Guest

Hi, I have 5 boys and am pg with number 6, sure somedays it is hard work but it is definitely worth it.
    I found going from 4-5 harder than going from 2-3 but we soon got used to it and it is just so nice to sit back and watch how all our children interact with each other and the closeness they all share. Don't get me wrong, they are not perfect, they fight and argue with each other and the older DS torments the younger ones at time but they love each other and everyone can see that.
    The good thing is they have each other to entertain and play with.

As for going shopping together, we try to do it seperately it is just easier and cheaper.
    We had to learn to manage the time we had together better and we appreciate any time we do get alone together, which isn't a lot but we do find it somehow.
    Some of my family think we are stupid to have so many children but we love having a big family and we also think about how great it will be when they are all grown up with their own partners and children and come to visit us or christmas time which will be chaotic and fun.
    Sorry if I went on a bit
    Take care
    Michelle

I've got 4 boys and would love to have another, just have to talk to DH about it hehe. I found going from 3-4 was difficult for me as we had to get a bigger car and the three older boys all share a room so that's a bit chaotic at times. I've never wished that I'd stopped at 2, I always thought that I would only want 3, but when I had number 3 I told DH that I defineately want another. And when I was pg with number 4 DH actually said that he wouldn't mind having another. It's just a matter of juggling your time better, I sometimes don't have time to scratch myself but I love my boys so much that I don't mind.

Some people ask me if we are having anymore, and when I and yes, maybe their answer is why do you want a girl. All I say is yes that would be nice but as long as the baby is healthy I don't mind what sex it is.

Hope that answers some of your questions.

hugs xoxo

Fire Fly Guest

I truly admire you mums with 4 or more kids. You must be the most patient, laid back people.
    I have a fair bit of patience but i couldnt handle more than 3, Lol i think i could handle 3 anyway. I dont mind saying more than that would be way to much for me to cope with. If DH was home earlier then that would change things, thats the only bummer about things is i practically raise them myself cause DS is in bed when he comes home and in bed when he leaves, and DD isnt to far behind him. It frustrates him that we live so far from things but you cant have it all hey.

Firefly - my DH leaves home at 4:45am in the mornings and doesn't get home until 6 - 6:30pm at night and most days except for the weekends I feel like I do all the discilping (sp), but I've got use to it and just do what ever needs to be done until I have him home. Some days are harder then others and some not so hard, but like you said you can't have it all.

hugs xoxo

Yeah Im definately not the laid back sort lol...but I am fairly organized. I do have to do most things by myself My Dh has a day job and works nights too so the only real family time we have is on Sunday and nothing is allowed to interfere with that. I think you just make the best of what you have.

Jo

Thank you everyone! It's so helpful hearing different experiences - but yet - so many are so similar.

On a personal note, I am really struggling with my shock 4th pregnancy - which happened 18mths after DH's vasectomy (number 3 was an unplanned conception after fertility problems with number 1 & 2). It really shook our relationship - almost apart! But, then I had to deal with the shocking loss of the pregnancy.

I am filled with so many unanswered questions, and - after not wanting 4 - I feel the need to find that little soul that wanted to be with us so desperately.

Thank you for sharing your stories with me.

baby4 Guest

hi there
    i have just had my forth baby
    i have a 9 yr old
    a 6 yr old
    a 1 yr old
    and a newborn
    for me it was pretty cruisey when i had the 1 yr old as my 2 eldest were older so they helped me lots
    but when i had my newborn it all changed i got sleep when i had my 3rd but with my forth i get no sleep if your thinking of having a 4th baby and you have a toddler its the biggest challenge i have ever been through cause when the baby sleeps i cant because i have a 1 yr old running around
    i run around the house after everyone and never get no where it takes me till lunch to get any where all though i wouldnt change things for the world i just wish id realised how hectic it would be 2 of them so close together
    love jane

Thank god for you guys.
    DH and i have just had number 3 but I really cant complain. (hi sushee) hmm sorry.
    My eldest is at school and very independant - my 4yoDS has Autisum but we manage pretty well and Vy is just an angel. I reall ythought I was finished with number 3 but im getting the itch again, especially after just having a m/c. DH has said no, but then he's put off having the snip for 2 years to 'make sure'. The only thing that worries me is the kids sharing a room as they all have their own right now. How do your kids all cope with it? I know I couldn't put Nikolaus and Wilhelm in one room so I'd have to put the youngest 2 in one.
    quote ' On a personal note, I am really struggling with my shock 4th pregnancy - which happened 18mths after DH's vasectomy Now yourve scared the crap out of me acbryett cause I feel 3 times whilst me tubes were tied. Knowing our luck this would happen to DH and me gotta laugh cause if you dont you'll just cry
    thanks for sharing your stories girls it helps so much
    xxmaz

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12