Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RSVP (vent)

Default RSVP (vent)

Dear party guests,
    Please don't feel the need to RSVP because I've become a mind reader and I can guess who is coming and who's not. So all sorted, I know exactly how many adults/kids to cater for now!!
    From Dan.

What has happened to common courtesy?? Why do people just ignore RSVP dates? It makes it do damn easy to organise a party when I have absolutely no idea who is coming!! I can't even do my shopping or organise games or anything because I have no idea how many kids/adults and today was my last day without the kids to do the shopping and around work!! AAARRGGGHHHH!!!

Ok vent over. Guess i"m just going to have to cater for everyone I invited so I'm not left short. I'm just so annoyed!! (Have you guessed that LOL)
    Last edited by Liviam; July 13th, 2010 at 03:50 PM. Reason: spelling

I hear you!! So irritating - it is not as if it is hard to do! We've had DD's bday recently and I am still amazed at the number of non replies and those that RSVP'd and then never showed/rang anything.
    Have a great party - if you haven't heard from people I would count them as not coming. xxx

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

Grrr its so rude!!

Not hard to ring, sms or email a yes or no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah see I am not nice person like that. If they don't rsvp I just cater for those that have. If food falls short "oh well sorry did you reply to say you were coming? No? Well since you didn't I assumed you weren't"

Annoys the hell out of me.

annoys the crap outta me too!!!!

It sucks doesn't it...common courtesy has gone down the toilet! TWO people rsvp'd to our wedding, both were grandparents who still had some remnants of good manners.......we had to remind people a wedding isn't like an 18th, you don't just show up with a case of VB and your mates Robbo and Baz from down the road in tow.

If someone shows up who didn't rsvp just 'accidentally' miss them every time you're topping up drinks and the food goes around

I just think it is the height of rudeness!! I sent out 15 invites and I have only heard from two and the cut off day was sunday!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolady View Post
    Yeah see I am not nice person like that. If they don't rsvp I just cater for those that have. If food falls short "oh well sorry did you reply to say you were coming? No? Well since you didn't I assumed you weren't"

Annoys the hell out of me.
    I have to say, I have done this. I also find it the height of rudeness, that people can just expect to show up without bothering to rsvp. It takes all of thirty seconds! I have literally just said "Well you're here now so you're welcome to stay, but I cannot guarentee that there will be enough to go around for you. My priority is getting the people who rsvp'ed fed, and if there's anything left over you might be able to have some. Sorry!"

same things happened here, we sent out 40 invites and only 10 people bothered to RSVP. The extra annoying thing is I had to go and chase those who didn't reply because we're having DD2 birthday party catered for and they needed final numbers.

Yep, I hate this! If they show up without RSVPing, I make a big deal out of it in front of everyone. 'Oh wow, I assumed because you didn't RSVP that you wouldn't be coming - how nice that you could come anyway!' Was pulled aside for embarrassing someone once, and I just apologised if they felt embarrassed, but pointed out that because they hadn't bothered to RSVP, I hadn't catered for them, and now I was going to look like a bad hostess. They ALWAYS RSVP now

I hear you! Df's 40th was made up of chasing ppl that didn't bother RSVPing. Which was prolly bout 80% of ppl. Drives me nuts. How hard is it, these days there is texting so u can even do that easily!
    In future we've decided to put RSVP date with a comment stating we are not chasing ppl up no RSVP no party!

That sucks babe, you literally feel like saying at the door "Oh you're HERE!" Wow so glad you came, didn't think you would be able to come seeing as you didn't RSVP' and then walk off - argh I wish! I had to send an email to people less than a week before DD's just to still get people not reply, then people turning up saying, "Oh I think such and such IS coming" Very frustrating!

GRRR thats my pet hate!! were worried people wont rsvp with our wedding invites so i added a note one the bottom of the rsvp form(that i made a point of including so they willrsvp) and it said(in smaller writing then the rest) If we do not recieve your rsvp's it will be assumed that sadly you can not make it. So if they dont rsvp and turn up i have instrusted the wedding co-ord at the place to turn them away. We have to know number.

It is so rude when people dont rsvp how would they like it grrrr

In a house, on a hill with a big fat welcome mat!

Oh yes I am living that now with our wedding - unbelieveable I am of the "cut off not coming too bad school", DF is being nicer and trying to see what people want to do. We gave people the option to post, text or call through their RSVP.......I just didnt think I knew anyone that was that rude but it appears I do.

I feel your frustration!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Liviam View Post
    I just think it is the height of rudeness!!
    I think that too, there is no excuse not to reply to an invitation. I even include mobile Numbers so that they can send a txt if that's easier for them. We went to a 40th a few weekends ago and apparently there were around 25 who didn't RSVP, but on top of that, 30 people who RSVP'd that they were coming and then didn't show on the night, so the host had catered for all these extra people only to have them not come and be left with all the food. She was angry beyond words.

ooh that irks me too people just not showing up, it really amazes me how rude people can be. I could never do that to someone else.

So I'm in two minds here ladies - do I chase up the ones who haven't RSVP'ed, not cater for them or just cater for the number I invited?? It's my little man's 1st birthday so I don't want it ruined but I'm just so annoyed and frustrated and not sure what to do.

Oooooh I hate this too! Especially with something like a wedding that you are paying for per head.
    A couple of DH's family WOULDN'T RSVP to our wedding as they didn't know what the weather was going to be!
    I made it clear that with DS' upcoming birthday party that if they didn't RSVP, I will be assuming they're not coming. Guess who still hasn't RSVPed?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast