Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Tattoos

ok this is going to be design number 4
    Quote Originally Posted by punkin View Post
    I know my 3rd will have to incorporate a bit of the heritage my parents gave me - which is why the design is hard!
    On Dad's side: Polish, German, Russian, Mongolian
    On Mum's side: Polish, German, Zulu and a bit of Spanish

Design number 3 is going to be my totem animal - I now just need to book in for it. I've got a girlfriend designing both number 3 and number 4 for me - not going to get them both done at the same time as number 3 (the totem animal) will be a whole day job

Enchanted Guest

I only have 1 tattoo which is in the middle of my lower back. It is a chinese symbol which means Eternity, I got it in memory of my gorgeous friend whose life was ended way too soon. It's nice to know that I have him with me forever.

I have 4 Tats
    #1 - the symbol for Gemini on my - as i am a gemini
    #2 - Celtic design in red and black on my lower back - my dad is irish so its my heratige
    #3 - chinese chareters down my spine - it reads "Always & Forever Murphy" he was my forst horse and I had him for nearly 20 years before we had to put him down..
    #4 - stars and dots around my ankl bone that I designed for my husband and my 1st wedding anniversary - we were married on the 20th I there is 20 stars..My husband got the same tat at the same time on the same ankle. so we match!

I will be getting more when bubs is born and im not b/feeding anymore.

Kate

I dont have any as yet, im pretty freacked out about the pain factor to be honest. My DF has a couple of nice ones tho.
    He had one designed for him of a Bodhi tree with roses sort of behind & around the trunk & with an orangey sunset coming through the branches. Obviously the tree is for our son Bodhi & the roses are for our daughter Mya-Rose. He gets complimented on quite often. its on his upper arm/bisep.
    He also has the kids name in running writing on the inner sider of his other arm.
    He got a ring looking thing with my name it around his wedding finger.

Amy - love the bodhi tree with roses. so special.

I'm still looking into designs for my back but am too choosy, suppose it comes with the fact that it is permanent so I better really love it!

I have a butterfly on my lower back which I got done when I was 18, just after I ended a nasty 2 year relationship. It symbolises freedom.

I also have an "Ankh" which is an Egyptian Heiroglyph meaning "Eternity". I am a big history buff - especially ancient societies. I have this on my hip.

Below the Ankh I have my DH's name which I got after he proposed to me. Because it sits just below the symbol meaning eternity - I think its pretty special.

being a rebel teenager i was into peircings and i always wanted a tattoo but my oldies daid no... so when i turned 18 i decided to get one-didnt kno wat to get wanted something that i would always like so i got my name taegan in script text on my right foot...
    hehe thought my names never gunna change and my like for butterflies may ya kno!
    and also have a celtic design on my heal going up my achilies tendon around my ankle bone-its a funk one and has no meaning other then i thought it ws a cool spot to a tat!
    cant wait to get more... i love them and dont think that u even concider the issue ofpain if u really want it. my sis inlaw has 3sis they got a symbol meaning sisterhood they all had it tattooed in the same spot between their breast-like where ur underwire sits and goes down their sternum its wicked spot!

I never worried about the pain.

The most painful part was the outline and even that was bareable. The colouring in was just like a hot scratchy feeling. In all honesty - it's quite an addiction! I am running out of places where a tat can be concealed though! I'll probably get one more and that will be it.

lol i went with the roses, but WTH, they're memorials - the first was a promise to my stepfather, a grave marker he never got, even though he horribly abused me as a child and teenager i had to get it done after he died, maybe to lay a ghost? it's on my right shoulderblade, and i had it done when i was 17 (at the time only biker-babes and prostitutes got tattooed - showing my age here !)

in 1998, i drew more roses around it, one each for my kids and a couple for babies i'd never had the chance to birth, and had them re-done in purple.

in 2004, i had the hindi word for "desire" ( the Scorp motto is "I Desire") tattooed on by lower back, along with my DD1 having the chinese symbol for "crazy" for our birthdays - her 16th, my 40th - in Devnagari script. took me ages to find an accurate translation! I'd just finished my third diploma in natural health, this time in reflexology, and my teacher also taught us Ayurvedic medicine. brilliant stuff!

this year for my 44th and DD2's 16th, we're getting tattooed together - for me it will be Hindi word for "mother" which uses one of the same characters as my other hindi tattoo - this time for this current batch of babies i've lost, her for a dear departed friend.

we girls also share some piercings - we have our left nipple done, as well as getting other piercings together, in different body parts

my son is a tattooed and pierced hussy too !!

I used to be peirced!!

I had the top and bottom of my navel done, my nose and I also had my tongue done. All four are gone now - they were high maintenance!!

I also have my trag peirced which I LOVE. It was the most painful of all my peircings and I would never get it done again - but hopefully it will stay put forever!

I also have my ears peirced twice.

DH has three "special" peircings

lol good for your DH - mine has no piercings and no tattoos whatsoever, i tease him about being mr conservative, and he just tells me i do enough outre stuff for both of us

i had my tragus done in '91, along with another in the other ear cartilage. both were a pain and never healed, so seven years later i took them out for good ! both earlobes are done twice, and my nose (also a Hindi thing)

DD1 has a nipple, tongue, belly and beauty spot (lower lip, tho)

DD2 has nipple, tongue, beauty spot, and snakebites (no, i didn't like those at all)

DS has lower lip and a couple of very nice tattoos - stars on elbow and ankle, done with friends, and "such is life" writ large across his chest - he's a cutie and all the girlies love it!

Gah, I love tattoos (and piercings). I would have plenty more tattoos if I could just save up the money rather than spending it on stilettos, but piercings are cheap and easy so I have lots more of those.
    I got my first tattoo a few months after my 18th birthday, I'd always wanted one and was hanging out for the day I was legal... then I forgot about it because I was so busy legally buying alcohol and getting into clubs!! One morning I woke up and thought, 'OMG! I'm legal!' and got on the phone to the local tattoo studio to book an appointment for that afternoon, with no idea what I wanted or where.
    I ended up choosing a kanji that apparently translated to 'poison', and got it on my spine between my shoulderblades, in the middle of my upper back. I added to it a few years later on my 20th birthday, getting kanjis meaning 'pain' and 'beauty' on top of it. They don't really mean that much, they just looked nice and I thought the meanings were pretty cool (and no, I don't know if they actually mean those words, but who's to know? None of my friends are of asian heritage, and strangers' opinions I could care less about - I was young and stupid and I still love them!).

Between that first kanji and the other two, I got a heartagram on the side of my right leg, just below my knee. Yes, I'm a big fan of Finnish band HIM (who use the heartagram as 'their' symbol), but I also like that it's supposed to symbolise the everlasting cycle of love, life and death being intertwined and inextricable.

A few weeks before I found out I was pregnant with DD (I was already pregnant but was still menstruating so didn't realise), DH and I gave our friend's dad a chance to get some business at his brand-new studio (which ended up closing down a few weeks later due to some trouble with his business partner). DH got a tribal cross design that was drawn for him by a friend, and I chose lyrics from My Chemical Romance's 'It's Not a Fashion Statement, It's a F***ing Deathwish' - 'From the Razor' on one wrist, and 'To the Rosary' on the other. They're still (and probably always will be) one of my favourite bands, and I just like the way the words sound. I identify with them in the sense that I'm a former self-harmer, and the first line actually covers some small scars I have left.

My latest tattoo was a little treat to myself after DD's birth - two Beretta pistols across my chest, pointing outwards to my shoulders. They're only outlines at this stage, but after DD2 is born I'll be heading back to get them finished off and perhaps add something to them. I'm not sure why I chose that particular tattoo... I'm just the kind of person who wakes up in the middle of the night thinking, 'OMG that would be an AWESOME idea!' and then goes out and does it.

People always ask about my tattoos, what they mean and why I got them... it's hard explaining that, for the most part, I just got them because I damn well felt like it and thought they looked cool. Yeah, I'm into meanings and what not, but only one of my tattoos (the ones on my wrists) have any tangible meaning to me and it's quite awkward explaining to strangers or mere acquaintances that I suffered depression, eating disorders and self-harm, and attempted suicide several times as a teenager... it's none of their business. Let them think I'm just a moron who doesn't think my decisions through and will grow to regret what I've done to my skin - so far, so good. I still love my tattoos and want lots, lots more before I call myself sufficiently decorated!

I was planning on getting a tattoo for our wedding anniversary last year, but I had some issues with the tattooist (I'd specifically asked to be tattooed by the senior artist but, due to a 'mix-up' I'd been booked with the useless woman in there who can't wield a needle to save her life and charges twice as much as any other artist I know because she ****s around, talking on her mobile and taking cigarette breaks so it takes twice as long to do a tattoo - and then she charges double what it *would* have cost because *she* wastes so much time), so it didn't end up happening. I'm glad, because it's given me the extra time to work on a better design, something more personal and meaningful, and also to lose the baby weight I hadn't lost after DD, so I'll be able to get it in a better place.

As far as piercings... I started out with a navel piercing for my 13th birthday (I'd begged my parents for the last two years for a nose piercing but they didn't want me 'mutilating my face', so let me get my bellybutton instead), then got my tragus, eyebrow, labret, nose, daith (ear cartilage, similar to a rook), tongue, snakebites, bridge, septum, and a madison (nothing dirty, I swear - it's a surface piercing in the hollow of my throat, between my collarbones).
    I've taken a few of them out, so now I'm without my bridge, madison (both started rejecting and wouldn't clear up), navel, and labret (got some bad gum erosion so I decided it was best to look after my oral health over my vanity), and the short-lived madonna (pierced it myself with unsuitable jewellery and took it out two days later when the swelling got nasty).

And yes, I'm still open to more piercings, I'd love to get my bridge redone as soon as I can!
    Last edited by Glamourcide; January 31st, 2009 at 09:45 PM.

rhyb Guest

Gothmum I want to hug you lol I have my septum pierced and people think Im mad so nice to know Im not the only one here lol. I agree with HIM and MCR once im better off financially I wanna get more ink (love love love the heartagram) and I love the guns but wouldnt suit me. I want to get a koi fish when I move as a reward but other than that Im still just sketching

my husband has a few one is a picture of a truck as his father drive trucks and he idolized his father so when he passed that was the first tattoo he got he has also got pebbles and bamm bamm, pebbles as our youngest daughter when we put her hair up it just sticks up like pebbles and we have had so many comments that she looks like pebbles and for the tattoo of bamm bamm our son has the intials B A M so we thought that they both go in tow with each other also my son is very fair like bamm bamm was. While my husband was getting a tattoo someone came into the tattoo shop and wanted the cookie monster as he son had passed and his son really loved the cookie monster.

I want to get an intimate piercing done but my nose & nipple both hurt like nothing else so I'm a bit wary of a needle in that particular spot

Have to wait now until after summer for the tattoos - I'm spending too much time out in the sun to be able to cover that much of me up.

Also one of my gorgeous friends wants me to get one on the inside of my arm (I told him when the toning is finished then I'll consider it), he has some AMAZING tattoos - he is one scary man (used to do the illegal underground fighting in the states & asia) - lets just say I'm glad he loves me & is protective of me coz I'd hate to be anybody who has a problem with me and crosses paths with him!

Default just had to post these - got them done today :D

the first pic is my new one - the newest memorial, for my lost babes - i wanted something different to wings or angels. this is Hindi - it says "mother"

the base of my back i had re-coloured to match - also in Hindi, it says "desire"

the roses are my next project - they sure need a touch-up!

this link works for htose who can't see the thumbnails: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...&id=1369481946
    Last edited by ~Aveta~; January 31st, 2009 at 04:23 PM. Reason: adding link

Okay, I officially rule.
    I've decided to go the whole damn hog and get something huge:
    The first part of Act V, Scene II from Shakespeare's Othello.
    I'm still tossing up between getting just the monologue at the start, or going right through until the part where Othello kills Desdemona.
    I might be just slightly crazy, but Othello is my absolute favourite Shakespearian play, and Act V Scene II is the most amazing thing *ever*. So, it's only fitting that I get it inked, I reckon

Looks like my tattooist, if he agrees to the insanity, is going to find himself the lucky recipient of a portion of that gov't stimulus package!! I'll just have to save it until after the baby arrives and I'm able to get tattooed

oooh cant believe i didnt find this thread sooner
    im so sick of people asking what my tattoos mean even though most of them are words!!!
    1st tattoo: the word Trust on my lower back....bad young love breakup lol
    2nd tattoo: tribute to my favourite band Korn... korn follow the leader (album name) on back of my neck
    3rd tattoo: jack skellington from nightmare before xmas on my inner thigh
    4th tattoo: upside down cross on right arm symbolising my atheism
    5th tattoo: the album cover art from korn follow the leader (a girl hopscotching up a cliff) on my left arm
    6th tattoo: 'your time will come' on my inner right arm...alot of people think this is omenic but its more my version of karma....if youre good, good things will come, if not, karma will bite your bum!

everyone has an opinion, mostly bad/rude/whatever, but i just say, theyre on my skin not yours...sure ive had times where ive gone 'why did i get that?!' but i know theyre permanent and i dont regret anything ive ever done.

if anyones interested you can see my arm tattoos in my BB gallery

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast