Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AF - after Stim cycle???

Default AF - after Stim cycle???

Hi Y'all

I had a stim cycle in Feb - no ET not well enough waiting for FET. So.. got my AF in that cycle which was 28 days. However had to wait for 2nd AF before FET.

I am now 35 days not sure what is going on. Usually get spotting a few days before (not explained despite test etc. etc.) and have had no spotting yet. I have a slight sensation that something is going on in there?! Have been keen for AF so that countdown can start to FET.

Has anyone else had their cycle mess up in this situation??

Given that i have PCOS my cycles are all over the place anyway but i have read of a few ladies that have AF mess up after a stim cycle and that they are usually very regular

Sorry that this is being a bugger for you and hope you get a visit soon ........unless you are already UTD?

Hey sweet PG test maybe required but I did go 32 days after 1st Stim cycle

Hi

Thanks tigerlinda and pitapata. I might let it go for a few more days and if nothing then will do a PG test. Hmm not sure what to think exactly. I tend to have a slightly longer cycle ie. usually 30 or occasionally 32 at most.

One time i did have a 36 day cycle, ended up with AF and had a positive test in between. So I guess after that dissapointment and two years of trying I try not to get too excited.

But I'll wait and see what the next few days hold.

Hi There

My AF is always like clockwork, but I did get mucked up cycles after doing IVF. I was like TL though, and it was the AF straight after the cycle... not the 2nd one.

Maybe you should take a pg test??? You never know!!!

Hi Belle,

How frustrating - you must just want that FET to hurry up and happen!

My cycles are 'normally' 29-36 days long, and when I've been able to figure our when I 'o', it is normally day 18 or 19. Following our stim cycle, my next cycle was 43 or 44 days, and for this cycle, which we used for an FET, I did not 'o' till CD20/21, so things were still being a bit funny. I had to have 2 scans and 3 blood tests as well as LH tests as for a while it looked like nothing was happening and the nurses were wondering what was going on (even though they have my cycle history)! So I think that things can be a bit up the wall for more than just one cycle.

Having said that, if things are not happening, I think a PG test sounds like a good idea, and depending on the outcome of that, maybe even a call to your FS (if they dont mind chatting over the phone) to see what you might do.

Good luck and hope that it may be a plesent and unexpected surprise!

Hi Belle,

My FS has told me that it's pretty normal for your ovulation and cycle to go a bit wonky after a stim cycle.

I had two back to back stim cycles (with a down-regulated cycle in between - OCP and Synarel) and then when they weren't successful my FS didn't want me to try for a natural FET straight away, as she said we couldn't rely on when I would ovulate, if at all. (We've been trying to squeeze as many treatment cycles into a time frame before we move overseas).

I then had an artificial FET straight after the second stim, and this next cycle is back to a natural FET, where I ovulated 1 day late (day 15 for me). I was monitored with a scan at day 12, then OPK and BT to see whether I was going to ovulate, as FS still wasn't convinced that my cycle would have returned to normal. She was prepared to switch this natural cycle to an artificial FET if my body didn't cooperate!

So it seems that after the stims in particular, but when you've been on extensive hormone replacement therapy (either a stim or artificial cycle) it can take a little while for your body to return to it's normal natural cycle, especially with regard to ovulation.

In saying this, I hope it helps, but I also hope that you find that this cycle has a BFP coming or that AF arrives soon so that you can get to that FET soon, hun!

Good luck!

Miss C

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your words of advice.

Yep, day 36 and still no AF, have a slight pressure sensation now and then but not sure and seems to be more around my ovaries. i guess what i find odd is that my AF was fine after stim but now ?? Anyway waiting waiting for whatever the outcome.

I can plan my clock to AF. She's been bang on time every cycle (even when on Pregnyl.)

A stim can muck your cycle around though. After pumping yourself with drugs, you can O later after a stim, which may be the reason AF is late for you.

HTH.

Bat

Hi Batcoat

I slightly miscounted, today is actually day 38, i got some very light spotting so I'm sure AF will arrive soon. Funny though I kindof feel like I've ovulated about 3 times this month who knows but I'm not taking temp so wouldn't know when or it that actually happened.

Ahh ain't it fun!!

Ok, today is day 41, no AF, did PG test this morning BFN. Have all the symptoms that it will start including a major headache ..... but so far nothing!!!

Feeling grumpy old and decrepid
    Hurry up AF or I'll have to get you inspected
    This whole process is giving me the sh*ts
    I'm not entirely sure what to make of all of this
    FET should have been April, the 26th day
    Now it will be sometime during May ......................

SCREAM Scream AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    $%#%^@$%@#$%@#$%@#$%@#$%

Ok I feel a little better now

AF it is time to show your self for Belle she has a little bubba waiting to be put back nice and snug do what we say and show UP!

Belle, from memory after my first stim, my cycle lengh was over 40 days and is normally only about 30. I hope she turns up soon so you can get on with your FET.

Hey Belle,

Brilliant little poem! Made me smile grimly, and scowl at the same time - come on you nasty little AF!

Seriously though, hoping AF shows up very soon hun. I think the reason that AF showed up fine and on time with your stim cycle is because once you ovulate, whether it be natural ovulation or forced ovulation, your luteal phase always remains the same. So if ovulation was triggered during your stim cycle about the same time as you ovulate naturally, then the cycle would have been comparable in length and everything would have seemed fine.

The problem is that after stims, the timing of when you ovulate naturally next can be terribly unpredictable, and this is because it takes time to your body to revert to it's natural cycle. ETA: I had information here about the effect of Synarel/Lucrin, but I believe I may have misintepreted my own understanding of the information I posted and didn't want to be providing information that may have been inaccurate. Apologies if I provided anyone with false information as a result, especially you, Belle

And in terms of feeling like you've ovulated three times this month, I would think that your ovaries are now feeling all creaky and sore, so to speak, after not just being superstimulated last cycle, but hyperstimulated!

SOooooo frustrating to be waiting waiting waiting and nothing happens, especially when you're trying to get on with your treatment! I really do hope it's right around the corner, hun.

Miss C
    Last edited by Acacia; April 14th, 2008 at 12:28 AM. Reason: ETA

Hey Belle - anything yet??? Frustrating isn't it?

I'm in exactly the same boat as you. I'm waiting for AF to happen so we can go ahead with our natural FET, but I'm now day 38 and nada, nothing, bubkiss. GRRRRR.....

My last cycle was 30 days and that was directly after the stim cycle; this is the 2nd cycle after stims and it's all out of whack. I'm bloated and depressed and cranky and totally over it.

Hope it comes soon friend, for both of us!

Vicki

Hi Everyone

Yippy! AF arrived today - Day 42!! I can't believe my cycle was soooo long.

Happy happy happy
    I ain't feelin' so crappy
    Out the window with my dismay
    Hopefully we will have our darling bud in May

Sorry 'bout the poems ... I just can't help myself, its how i'm keeping myself entertained. I rang the clinic and told them, am having a medicated cycle so started estrogen today - hopefully won't go too stir crazy. Then progesterone a bit later on. Transfer will hopefully be around 3 May.

Hey Pookiegirlba - hopefully your AF won't be too far off either. I have to admit these last fews day have been hard on my body, have been filling up on supplements and drinking water - trying to be good. You seem to be very much like me - straight after stim cycle I was 28 days - usually 30-32. Lots of AF wishes

Great news, Belle!

Go the FET! I wish you lots of luck and a BFP at the end of the cycle

Maybe you'll be the trigger for Vicky's AF to arrive soon too - AFs like to work in teams

Good luck!

Belle excellent news keep the poems they make me smile

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast