Thread: AF and positive blood test

cybert369 Guest

Question AF and positive blood test

I had my ET on the 14th of Nov and had heavy bleeding after 5 days. I was then told to increase my dose of Crinone and the bleeding stopped. I started heavy bleeding again about 1 week ago. This morning I had my pg blood test and it was positive. Needless to say DH and myself are in shock!!!
    How can this be possible? Could it be false positive? Has this happened to anyone before?

i guess you could say it may have been implantation - i have heard that this can happen - GL and H&H pg

finger crossed for you.

blizzy Guest

Pretty much the exact same thing happend to me

My levels were positive, but low positive, follow up bloods 2 days later and the levels dropped hugely. I havent had ANYY bleeding since before the 1st pos, but they have told me the preg is not viable.

Hope things work out better for you.

cybert369 Guest

Default AF and positive blood test

Thanks for the replies guys. I am going to have a second blood test tomorrow so maybe that will shed some more light on the results.

blizzy Guest

How did your follow up bloods go??

I had another blood yeaterday and my levels are pretty much zero now

cybert369 Guest

Default BLood test result

I went for the second blood test yesterday and my hcg levels had risen but they should be higher. I have to go into MIVF on Monday and have another blood test and a scan to see if it is an ectopic pregnancy. I am so stressed, trying not to think about it but I cant. My DH took me for lunch to Frankston and then spent the afternoon on the Mornington Peninsula to take my mind off it. This will the longest weekend ever!!

sending you a big hug and i hope you get answers soon.

blizzy Guest

How did you go yesterday???

cybert369 Guest

Apparantly the baby is a third of the size it should be and technically called an unviable pregnancy. I will either need to have a D&C or miscarry naturally. The doc wants to do another scan on Monday and then decide what to do.

oh hun, hugs to you. i am so sorry to hear your news. take care of yourself and if you need to use Belly Belly to talk it through or vent or whatever you need. xx

blizzy Guest

Thinking of you hun.

Please let us know how you get on on Monday

Im so sorry :hugs:

cybert369 Guest

Thanks for your support guys

cybert369 Guest

I had to have a D & C yesterday. I had really bad stomach cramps when I woke up from the GA. I had to have 4 pain killing injections. But pretty much after the injections started working, I never had any more cramps at all, not even after I went home.
    All went well. I am not really upset as in 7 stimulated cycles we had in the past we never got to implantation stage, so I suppose this time we got further then we ever did. I am taking it easy over the next few days. My DH is great tending to my every whim and I am milking it for all its worth!!!!!

Hi cybert
    I've just joined and was reading about your ivf last year and was sorry to hear it didn't work out, I have unexplained infertility too and will start IUI in july. Did you try IUI before ivf. I don't know if I am just wasting time and money doing IUI first, I'm 36. How are things going now, are you doing another ivf cycle yet?