Thread: IVF diehard

Default IVF diehard

Hello, I am a single woman who embarked on IVF 3 years ago. I miscarried early last year and still trying. I have since met someone just for casual fun at this stage who knows all about what I am doing. We have only seen each other once and I have to start my pessaries tomorrow. Has anyone had any experience with sex while using pessaries, is it a no no or can it be done

hi karenmaree

welcome to BB and good luck this cycle
    re DTD while on pessaries, i have read on BB that quite a few people do do it in the 2WW without any problems. i personally haven't as i always have awful side effects from crinone (cramps, blood and feeling yuck).

i suppose i have also been concerned about contractions of the uterus from [email protected], somehow affecting an embies' chance of successfully implanting. i have no info to bring on this, just something in my head. perhaps others will know more.

Good Luck on both fronts!!!

When you have IVF the FS/RE and team place the embryo very specifically and the theory is that (female) orgasm will move the embie out of place.

If you think about natural conception female orgasm is often encouraged to assist with the movement of egg/embryo to correct placement in the uterus. So this in IVF or an FET would be having the opposite effect.

Either way I hope your having fun and more importantly good luck with this cycle.

Default Thanks Dusty

Thankyou Dusty for your response to my pessaries Q. I noticed that you are having an embryo tfr 20.3.08, did I read that correctly. I am too. It will be my 15th. As I am single I had to have 6 donor inseminations first. I then was pregnant from first full IVF, then lost bub at 9 wks. Have since had heaps of fibroids removed to assist, so all fingers and toes crossed. I will be thinking of you good luck

i am sorry for your loss karen.
    wow you are an well experienced IVF/AC gal. i hope that 15 is your lucky number. there is a 2WW thread on the LTTCAC threads if you wanted to join in for some support. i am sure the gals would love your experience and a diversion to talk about pessaries and DTD
    i have just managed to salvage my stim and have an EPU on monday.

Dusty

Just wanted to say good luck with your EPU on Monday.

Cherylxx

Hi Karenmaree

I have never felt inclined to DTD when on the pessaries, because of all of the symptoms that dusty mentioned. I have heard stories from other ladies that it can be a bit messy... but I think do what you feel is right for you. I hope number 15 is lucky for you. Wow you are an inspiration - I have only had 2 cycles and am not sure i have the emotional strength for anymore!

Good luck.

Sorry kitchen is closed here during the 2ww!! We were told you can do it but it depends on how y partner feels about the ADDED wetness lol.

Shazz

Smile Good news for IVF Diehard

Thankyou so much for all your feedback. I did try DTD and it wasnt too bad. Have some good news now though. Have had a +ve preg test yesterday, so all going well for my 15th try. But will keep on praying. Thankyou and good luck to you all xxxxxx

wow karenmaree, what fabulous news. congrats hun.
    xx

Hi Karenmaree

Congratulations on the - that is excellent news! Take care of yourself and hopefully this is the beginning of a wonderful conclusion to your IVF journey!

Cherylxx

Default more tests

Hi everyone

Thankyou for your kind words. I only get online every now and then as I have to use a computer at work. I had a bit of a scare last week. Bit of bleeding. Then my HCG level at day 21 was 951 which doc said was ok, but not great. So am having a scan this fri to see if everything ok. I will be 6.5 wks. Bit scared, but then everything I have read about HCG levels online tells me that my levels were ok. anyway, will keep you posted. thanks for your support