Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - April 2008

Good Luck for Wednesday Sonya!

BW, Congratulations on your news. I know you must be very nervous about celebrating anything just yet. Sending all the positive thoughts your way that I can to get you through the next couple of months.

BG, still hanging in there? Can't be long now until your BT. I hope you're doing ok with your DH away at the moment.

Holly, hopefully you will get your test results this week. The waiting is horrid. It's great that things are starting to move along for you now.

I called the hematologist today to get my results and they are all completely normal. So, it seems that the tests I did a few weeks ago were wrong...by a long shot. Now I have to go back and see my FS. I'm not sure what's going to happen now. If one result was wrong, maybe some of the others were. I wonder if he will want to re-do all the other ones. All this stress, worry and expense of the last couple of weeks for nothing. Today I was completely relieved when I got the news, but that is now turning to frustration and anger at the whole situation. Oh well, on the bright side hopefully the horrible dreams I've been having will stop and I can get some decent sleep.

Megan - what a bloody nightmare (but what a relief at the same time!!!). were you unwell at all (flu or anything) when the first tests were done

hoping you can get some answers when you speak to your FS again - and a way to move forward

BG

oh yeah, i'm not too far off finishing my waiting. not feeling particularly confident - will know in the next few days... my clinic are NOTORIOUS for late testing compared to everyone else!

Hi everyone

A quick update on me and then some personals.... everything seems to be on track. Last b/t and scan tomorrow morning and a quick dash to the acupuncturist all before work It is looking like EPU on Friday, but I will know more tomorrow. So this means driving to Sydney on Thursday evening and coming back on Friday. I will have to pack the car with a pillow and blanket so I can sleep in the backseat all of the way home as I expect I will be quite drowsy still from the anaesthetic. I am feeling quietly confident and optimistic about this cycle. So many things seem to finally be working in our favour and I am taking the lowering of my puregon dose as a positive sign. And the first time for ages I have actually had some EWCM (sorry if TMI). I think this is from the herbs I have been taking as well. I only wish I could wake up in the morning feeling like I had some energy - I am just so tired - which is making doing any uni assignment work in the evenings just about impossible. I am having difficulty concentrating at work by the afternoon, let alone doing anything else afterwards! But it will all be worth it if we can get a BFP this time around!

Megan - that is good news about your results but I understand why you are feeling frustrated and angry at the previous results. I guess we put so much trust into believing that test results are accurate that to have something like this happens makes us take a step back and reconsider all of our other test results. I hope you get the answers you are looking for very soon.

BG - just read your journal...I am so sorry. I know it's hard, but we are all here to support you. Take care

BW - Hope you are doing well today. Take care.

Sonya - not long to go now... I will be thinking of you when I am having my scan and b/t done tomorrow AM!

Holly - any news from you? Thinking of you.

To everyone else, a big hello! Take care all,
    Chezxx
    Last edited by Chez67; May 13th, 2008 at 06:51 PM. Reason: doh!

Hi Everyone

Just a quickie from me - I called Dr S's rooms this morning to see if all of my results were in, and got the lovely nurse, so all is good

She said all of my results are there, and that Dr S is going to give me a call tomorrow morning to discuss them with me and talk about the next cycle...

Not sure if I should be freaking out a little, or if thats normal??!?!!!
    I guess it all sounds fine, I'm just being paranoid

DH just laughed at me and told me not to stress - and that its good that we actually get a phonecall from the doctor, and not the nurses

So now I just wait until tomorrow I guess!!! Megan - now I know how you felt having to wait to hear what news they had to tell you

Hope everyone is great;

BG - Still have my arms wrapped around you in the longest hug ever xxx

thanks for the hugs Holly!

so glad you'll get to speak to Dr S tomorrow - will be nice for you to have some answers. i'm thinking seriously of going to pay him a visit, but the logistics of travelling up there are just damn scary, especially when you think about things like tests on particular days of cycles (of which i simply don't have one!). think i'll have to grab some contact details and get the ball rolling in the next couple of days - but for today, i'm just resting...

took myself off to work today, and lasted all of half a day. i have such horrific cramping, and have finally started to bleed. it felt wrong to think of losing an angel and the drugs forcing my body to hold on. it's almost a relief, and a hell of a lot more real, to finally let go. my boss has been fantastic, and arranged for me to have leave for a couple more days - and sent me home today with instructions to just look after myself. next week, i'll be moving desks at work due to a refit, so a nice new environment to go back to...

and yay - with some luck, DH will be home tonight for at least 12 hours...

BG, I recall from the conversation earlier about Holly's tests - it's only specific days of the cycle IF you have a cycle. Mine was done on a random day, the lack of cycle meant it really didn't matter when I had the test done. As far as logistics of getting up to Sydney again, your local FS should be able to do MOST of the recurrent miscarriage tests, mainly looking at clotting problems and common autoimmune problems - the tests that David eventually ended up repeating for me. It's probably a good idea to do that in an easier location and trek up for Dr S if everything ends up in the inconclusive category. Another giant hug coming from me right now...

Holly, at least it's not a long wait - but hoping you get some sleep tonight! It's exciting to think of you finally starting again after such a long wait.

Chez, how did you go? Is it trigger tonight and EPU on Friday?

Megan, it must be a huge relief to have the all clear, but bloody frustrating to have been put through that hell in the first place! I hope a clear path forwards shows itself to you soon.

Sonya, how did EPU go? I hope you are ok and the numbers are good.

Lou... Hope you find an answer soon and are doing as ok as possible.

BW

Hi everyone

Holly - glad to hear that things are moving forward for you, and I agree with your DH, sometimes talking to the doctor is a good thing!

BG - another big hug coming from me also Thank goodness you are able to take some time off for some mental and physical healing. Take care of yourself hun xx

BW - yep trigger tonight and EPU Friday! I am so excited. Now we are trying to arrange logistics of accommodation etc as we will head off tomorrow afternoon, hopefully with an early mark from work

Sonya - I hope everything went well for you today at EPU and you haven't had any nasty anaesthetic reactions.

Megan - hope you are sleeping better now and your way forward is about to become apparent.

A quick update on me, b/t and scan this morning. It seems all is going well, although the one follie on my left ovary has gone bananas and has now overtaken the dominant follies on the right side! WTF? Anyway, I had a moment there this morning where I saw me being on the drugs another few days, but apparently not! I am so surprised as this has been 10 days in total for me on medication, the previous flare was 12 days at a much higher dose of FSH. I saw my chiro again yesterday and he reaffirmed that I am in great shape to be doing IVF at the moment. I so hope that this is all adding up to a BFP in a few weeks' time.

Anyway, must go. Have to organise accommodation for tomorrow night!
    Talk to you all soon.
    xxx

hi girls.
    thankyou for your kind thoughts and concerns.

had epu today at 8am

6 eggs. hopefully all strong ones. was hoping for more but that cyst thing lowered the number. but again more than the 2-3 the FS predicted. the trigger must have worked a miracle

apparently i had a bit of bleeding at the end of epu and woke when being wheeled out of theater. i was in quite a bit of pain and had some pethidine and panadeine. but i was sore beforehand.

i have been quite nauseous and very tired today. DH has been a dream and very loving.

oh well ring tomorrow to see if any fertilised.... here's hoping.....

take care everybody with recoveries, preparations and just generally riding the roller coaster called AC

going to bed now with a lovely cup of english breakfast tea with honey..mmmmm!

6 eggs is great babe - hoping that you get fantastic fert results tomorrow hun! thinking of you

Sonya - 6 eggs is fantastic!!!
    Much better than the FS predicted!!!
    I have everything crossed for you for fertilisation - rest up hun, and let DH be a dream for as long as you can get it out of him
    So glad to hear your news!!!

BG - As far as Dr S and his tests go, I did all of them here at a lab near home - the only one I had to travel for was the NK cell test - because there is only the one hospital that does it.
    He told me approx CD21 or 22 if you have a standard cycle of 28 days - but I think I remember Lou saying the same as BW - that if you don't have a cycle length as such, then I think he just has it done.

Definately call when you feel up to it - it can't hurt, and I'm sure there are many of us Sydney girls that would be happy for you to have the visit
    You'd have beds in everyones houses offered to you if you needed somewhere to stay I'm sure

Hoping you're feeling a little better if thats at all possible xxx

Chez - Everything is sounding brilliant for you - I am just so happy to hear it - can't wait to hear how you go with EPU

A big hi to everyone else - will pop back in after my conversation with Dr S tomorrow

so sorry that this cycle has been a bust for you BG. It's so not fair that we have to go through all this crap.

Definitely give gavin a ring....I swear it was the best thing I ever did and definitely I would recommend the biopsy as well as the blood test cos as you know my blood test was perfectly normal but my biopsy was 6 times the high end of normal so obviously it can be localised.

I am sending small constrained woohoos to you BW as I know you are still very anxious about it all but here's hoping it all pans out for you and you are off to the pregnancy ark very soon.

Oh and yeah on the blood test St Georges was where we had to go which was a good 40 minutes from Dr. S's rooms in Bondi so if we had known this we would have hired a car for the 24 hours we were there...ended up paying over $200 in taxi fares...YIKES!!! just a heads up for ya.

Well we saw our FS this week to discuss Dr. S's findings and I was amazed to find that I have a really really open minded Fs who was totally prepared to take on board all Dr. S's recommendations to the point where he is going to ring him and together put a plan together of attack for our next cycle which will now be in August (need our tax refund first to pay for it!!!). He did warn me that the high dose of prenisone (40-50mg was mentioned) will play havoc with my diabetes and wants my endocrinologist to ring and have chat with him so we can coordinate it all. Came out of the meeting feeling so positive and stuff. He said that if we are going to all this rigmarole with the clexane and prednisone then we want the absolute best possible quality eggs and to this end want to do an antagonist cycle as he believes this will give me better egg quality than a down reg or flare cycle. So no lucrin or synarel, no pill just straight onto the the FSH drugs... sort and sweet...another addded bonus. The nurse arent happy as it is harder for them to coordinate the PGD side this way (they can only do 4 ? PGDs thorugh the labs per week so by not being able to regulate me it makes it harder for the timetabling but hey, that's their problem not mine!

So all in all things are looking a lot more positive.

The down side is that my stomach issues related to me having long standing diabetes have progressed to a new level of pain etc (six hours on monday night in agonisingpain after eating is not my idea of fun) so it looks like I will have to have a scope done and see if there is anything underlying or whether I just have to get used to this progression of the complication. either way it makes getting pregnant a very scary thought at this stage and we have been questioning the wisdom of continuing with IVF or even babies in general. Which is probably the most stressful part of all...for the very first time I am questioning my ability to have a family in the broadest sense of whether I am capable physically etc and it scares the crap out of me. I don't know how I would cope if it came to that if these complications are what finally put a stop to my baby dreams and longings.arggggghhh probably need to do a vent thread but not sure ow to put it all down on paper there is so much $hit running through my brain at the moment.
    Even resorted to buying some rescue remedy the other day as my anxiety levels have gone through the roof....maybe it is time to touch base with my psychologist who I have needed to see for the last 3 yrs...who knows. I spose what doesnt kill us makes us stronger but .....grrrrrrrrrrr.

Mel. I hope things become a bit clearer and less painful both physically and emotionally for you. take care hun.

i was fuming last night. i was told a stupid woman i know (and detest) who has seven children (and docs took them away last year) is planning to have her tubes reversed to have a baby for a relative. this girl has a major drug (injecting speed and smoking dope) and denies any wrong doing in her children being taken away. she only had her tubes tied coz dr's strongly told her too.

i totally understand the relative wanting a child, but cant she go through different avenues or a different relly. this girl had babies and was taking drugs throughout the entire pregnancies and as soon as she took each baby home.

grrrr!!!! we all struggle so much and have so many tears and people like this exist everywhere. those poor babies.....

sorry, i think im a bit emotional at the mo and nervous about fert. rates.... sorry if this was inappropriate to bring up i was just so so soooo mad!

anyway take care girls..

Hi everyone

Mel - I'm so sorry everything is so hard at the moment - Its great to hear that your FS is willing to work with Gavin to make things as good as they can be - hoping that your other Dr's can shed some light about how to go through a pregnancy with your diabetes.
    Hoping that you're feeling better soon hun xxx

Sonya - Thinking of you for fertilisation results - I'm sure everything will be just fine Good luck, hun - I have everything crossed that they are little fighters

Me - Well, Gavin put me out of my misery early after a call at 8am this morning ... So happy it was sooner rather than later though!
    He said all of my tests came back 'entirely normal' (his words) - and so he said he wants us to start asap, and has a few suggestions for the next cycle
    He said 'I know thats not what you really want to hear' as far as not finding anything.... great to know I'm fine, but would have also been good to have some answers

He thinks I've just been unlucky so far, is confident about treatment for me - and said to have a think about maybe taking something preventative (I guess like the clexane, prednisone, etc) JIC - he's going to go through that with me when he sees me.
    Still waiting on DH's sperm sample - didn't get to it yesterday, but tomorrow is looking good
    We may find answers there, but he said there's always different ways to do a cycle.
    Also said he doesn't want to use the pill - he would prefer not to - YAY!!!!!!!!!!! so I'm looking forward to starting now
    I was worried about having to take it, but he said definately not - woohoo!!!

So, as soon as the sperm sample is done, we'll see him and hopefully get started... have just started this cycle in terms of AF, so not sure if we'll squeeze in starting at CD 21 of this cycle, but definately the next one!

Hope everyone else is great - Chez, am sending you lots of positive thinking xxx

totally ignore my earlier post. i blame the bouncing hormones!!!

5 out of 6 eggs fertilized. yay.

i mentioned to the nurse i keen on a 3 day transfer not blastocyst like my fs wants. i explained i dont want to risk losing any as this is my very last stim cycle. she said to talk to embryologist tomorrow arvo and tell her what i told her. so it sounds like i probably have transfer saturday. hope our little embies cells divide and multiply....

let you know more tomorrow arvo

great results Sonya

good luck!

Awesome fertilisation results there, Sonya! Good luck with the day three/blastocyst transfer decision - it's never easy!

Holly, I'm glad you've got the all clear. I think you're probably the only one in here that can be declared "completely normal", well done!

BW

slyder Guest

Good work Sonya. What dose of Puregon/Gonal did they have you on to get 6 eggs? Just wondering as you and DW are the same size and they have her on 75IU to try and reduce the egg numbers.

my first cycle i was on 100 but they upped it at the end as i was having a low response and ended up with 7 eggs. this time i was on 150 and would have had a lot more, but developed the cyst that absorbed most of the puregon.

it seems to take alot to kickstart my hormones even though i have spectacular levels normally. go figure hey?

good luck with your cycle Slyder.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast