Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception Dec 2007

Quote Originally Posted by slyder View Post
    Expect the unexpected! (- well unless the unexpected is two embies transferred, one splitting and making three babies. That would be uncool).
    aw c'mon slyder - you'd freak for a little while, then you'd fall in love with the idea of having a ready made family all at once - and then you'd never have to watch your wife go through another stim cycle!

hmmmmmm, me wonders if i'm trying to convince you or me...???

hmm its all happening in here at the moment
    if anyone wants to chat to me about living through having 2 or one embies tranferred- just PM me if you want or ask away here- as you guys know- we have had both delimas and single and double tranfer with success
    i will keep my opinion to myself unless its asked!!!
    as for the thought of triplets - well that is just swearing and cussing there slyder- don't even think those thoughts!!!!
    good luck- i will be MIA for a bit next week as we are taking off to the beach next week- bring it on!!!
    odette

share away odette - our FS was the one to suggest two - i honestly thought he'd be dead set against it based on my age...

slyder Guest

Quote Originally Posted by briggsy's girl View Post
    aw c'mon slyder - you'd freak for a little while, then you'd fall in love with the idea of having a ready made family all at once - and then you'd never have to watch your wife go through another stim cycle!
    Bull! 1. There's no way DW would fit three babies. We'd need to hire another womb. 2. Just, no!

Twins is totally cool. Our FS is so anti-twin, but whatever. She's pregnant at the moment so she just needs to understand we will take whatever we can get. She's really nice though, I'm not having a crack at her. I was amazed when our nurses said to do two on the first FET, but apparently they recommend it on FET cycles. The FS agreed with me that one was more than enough in the first instance. But as we only have two left we might as well go for it I reckon.

our FS did the same - he said the success chances on an FET are slightly lower, so he suggested putting two back! i'm not gonna argue with him (did enough of that yesterday!)

i'm not a dainty little thing, so if we ended up with three, i'm sure i'd cope!

Well i figure if we are chatting in the LTAC thread we have been here long enough, put 2 back
    I was also surprised to be putting 2 embys back on out first FET when i was 22. And we have transferred 2 twice now with only a flicker of success, which definately takes the stress of putting 2 back disintegrate quickly

As for the 3, lol what if they both divide and you get 4! Luckily we cant live on what ifs

Oh Odette enjoy your holiday!!!

Shan

if nature decided to intervene and give me four - i'd just have to run with it! i'm not to phased by anything at the moment - get me to FET first - then i'll worry about the what if's!

Alas! I can still only dream of putting two back. It's odd that each time I do in for transfer they ask me how many we're putting back when the forms I've signed say one only. I'm leaning towards a "I'm happy to go with two, but I don't think they'll let me" when I'm next asked... could be interesting to see how both my FS and DH explode on that one - they are both set against me ever transferring more than one.

For the FS it's the fact of two transfers, two pregnancies. I just want him to do something about the two miscarriages!

For DH it's a matter of transferring them two at a time runs through the embryos faster and gets me closer to another stim cycle much quicker. I think seeing me hyperstimulate twice now has scared him.

Not too long until my transfer now. I'm still holding on to calm, but it feels like a "just barely" thing now, rather than the solid thing it was before. It could end up being a rough week!

BW

Hi everyone....
    Good to see everyone is back and raring to go for the new year. Feb looks like it will be a busy month in here. I will be doing a FET next month some time if all else fails this month.
    I feel refreshed and good about things after our long break. I've managed to lose nearly all the weight I have put on since starting IVF. Just another kg or so to go, and I feel so much better for it.

Lou, so good to have you back I can't believe what that Dr said to you. I have no words, but it makes my blood boil when people blurt out stupid comments like that. Hope AF gets a move on so that you're right for next month.
    Holly, your photos are lovely.
    BW, hope transfer goes/went well!
    BG, I wish getting a FS to agree to 2 was always that easy! lol Mine tried to talk me out of it a few times. Funny thing is, it looks like I will just be transferring 1 this FET. It doesn't feel right for me to transfer 2 this time. I also think that it's because I have had 2 single transfers that resulted in pgs and the 2 embies I had transferred ended up with a BFN.
    I just hope this is the year for us all. We are due for good news around this place, and we all deserve it!

Megan so good to hear from you - when is your FET?

Im off to Sydney in two weeks to meet Dr S!! and very much looking forward to meeting Holly too!!and hoping to get a little shopping in as well before i cut down to a uni wage

BW - so have you had TF ? sorry im still a little lost sine returning last week!

will be off line for a few days/ weeks depending how long it takes the man to fix our computer - i heard tonight that apples dont get viruses? is that true? if so im traiding in for one !!

Still in the wait between ovulation and transfer - it feels like forever with blast transfers!

Finding the wait is making me hugely anxious - more so than I have been with the others, and I'm just not liking it, but can't seem to get past it. Having trouble bringing myself to start the higher dose of prednisone. Just call me Cleopatra, Queen of Denial.

Megan, well done on the weight loss! Particularly with Christmas in there - it's never easy, but you've picked the hardest time of the year to do it! Good luck with your FET, I end up with the same sorts of superstitions regarding what worked and what didn't and what was done differently. I can understand very much why you're feeling that way, and I really wish finding the answer was that easy. I don't mean that to sound negative, but I can't find better words! Will be keeping everything crossed for you.

Lou, I hope Dr S has answers for you. He's a lovely man! Enjoy the shopping. Are you going to uni full time or part time? I'd love to meet you as well, but I'm a bit booked up around Australia Day (I'm assuming that's when you're coming?), particularly with returning to work straight afterwards.

All the best to everybody else, and I'll take my stressy, incoherent thoughts elsewhere to bug somebody else for a while. So much for being normal after ovulation!

BW

Ok not off line yet - i was going to pay a man to fix the computer but now my BIL is coming over to take it to bits at the weekend. YAY

just booking my flights now. very nervous about getting the biopsy done as I've only ever had one while under a general and i don't think this one will be - i would love to hear from any one who has had this done with Dr S. can i take pain relief and if so should i before i go?

its gone very quiet in here at the mo i hope everyone is doing Ok and looking after themselves

xx

PP...how long did it take to get your appointment with Dr sacks. As we are on hold doing te naturopathy thing was thinking maybe I should cover all bases so to speak...maybe we could share a flight!!!

Melbel, it may vary depending on the time of year, but I only had to wait for around two weeks for my initial appointment. It could also depend on exactly which rooms you wish to see him at. I hope you find some answers somewhere soon.

BW

Mel - At the moment I think its pretty easy to get in to see Dr S - I had an appointment for this week, but when the nurse called this morning I asked to change it for 31st, because thats when Lou's appointment is, and I'm driving her there
    The nurse managed to put me in straight after her appointment so we could just do them both together!

Will be interesting for him when he asks us how we know each other & how we both came about seeing him!!!! He! He!

Maybe you should book in for 31st as well and we can have a BB Dr Sacks appointment day

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Dr S should see the kind of support he has here on BB, and the amount of people who recommend him to others. I reckon a fair few of his recent clients would be from here!

Hey what rooms do you see him at ...ST George? Not sure what number to ring. It would be soooooo funny if i got the 31st...hehe

We went with St George (Kogarah) because it's easier to park there than in the city. The thing to remember is that if he's going to send you for his special NK cell blood test it can only be done on a Tuesday or Thursday morning at St George. Not sure about the biopsies - haven't had one done yet. If anyone needs contact details for him - PM me and I will pass them on.

BW

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast