Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Dec 2007 #3

slyder Guest

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Dec 2007 #3

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows:

Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    slyder - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Just a reminder to all: all LTers love seeing a fellow LTer achieve that longed-for BFP, and we all find hope in one of our own having success in this difficult journey. But please remember that there are those who cycled with you who may not have received good news at the end of their cycle. Please do not post baby/child/pg tickers or pg related signatures (eg blinking BFP icons) etc in this forum out of respect for them.

As it's easy to forget to remove your ticker, please be advised that we will remove it for you if it's posted in here. Just easier, is all.

The old thread is here

mon, that is a big jump. your levels go down tomorrow. i think Dellydo had some similar E2 levels recently and like BW she got some frosties. Hun, it must be really scary but they will look after you (sorry i am probably not giving you comfort here). it must be disappointing for you though.

does anyone know if it is possible to trigger with a lower than the usual pregnyl level to still get the eggs to come down from the wall of the follicle but so as to minimise effects on E2 levels? perhaps something to ask your clinic as well mon?

drink lots of gatorade hun. happy to chat if you need to.
    xx

Should have mentioned that - both stim cycles I've used the half-strength trigger. 5000IU instead of 10000IU, so only one vial of pregnyl powder. It's to help reduce the severity of the OHSS (HCG makes it worse, which is why they don't transfer, and why they use a lower strength trigger), but is still enough to make the eggs do their thing. I should go add this to Mon's other thread, too.

BW

slyder Guest

I think DW did a half strength trigger too. It's all a bit hazy now.

I am on the pill at moment too. I am feeling positive and excited at what is to come for us over the next 2 months.

Hope 2008 brings a little into your arms

Hi just connecting Mon I do hope you get answers

Just wanted to wish Mon luck, the clinic told me the other day the limited 25000 for e2 levels before they wont do EPU, hope you dont get that high hun! And yep half dose trigger injection and this time the didn't use pregnyl at all, but used the other one (cant remember the name). Hope everything is ok :hugs:

Oh and a big welcome Rach!!

Well my OHSS has kicked in big time, feeling like crap and on orders to present to hospital as soon as i cant cope with the pain, was meant to get admitted this afternoon but managed to buy myself some more time (i really hate hospitals) and am ok so long as i dont try and walk, and got in big trouble for going to work. So resting resting resting

Feel like having a cry, but will be OK ... am just skimming the posts as just got home from work! Thank you so much for your feedback, will digest and post again in a bit ... you are all the best

Hey Shannon, just read you have OHSS! So sorry to hear! big hugs to you! Pls look after yourself and go to hospital if you are not well! What symptoms do you have? I had lots of pain trying to walk the first time I did EPU. Apparently I probably had mild OHSS but it went away!

Did you use Ovidrel for trigger? Just went to fridge to check as mine isnt pregnyl but Ovidrel. Have added that to my list of questions for tomorrow morning.

slyder Guest

Hope things sort themselves out soon for you Shan.

Shannon, GO TO HOSPITAL!! Seriously, you are MUCH better off there than at home. Learned that one the hard way myself, please take something from my mistakes.

Mon, more messages for you in your other thread (Shannon, go read it as well!), and a PM for you.

Both of you - take care. Otherwise I'll have to call BG in on the butt-kicking!

BW

I'm here and ready to kick butt if need be!!

Shannon - BW isn't kidding around about this - it's not giving in to a weakness to get help - pain is only one aspect of OHSS that needs to be managed - anyone can take a pain killer and pretend to be coping - when really they're not - you need to be monitored, hydrated - and you can't do that properly at home! i know how hard it is to give in when you hate hospital - i personally detest them - but you need to do the best thing for you HEALTH wise - which is to go into hospital and let them help you out. seriously, i was there every step of the way with BW for both of her bouts of OHSS - and her recovery was much better when she spent a bit of time in hospital - was much better managed

it's almost Christmas - don't make me give my family the flick to come up there and drag your butt into the hospital!

Hey Shannon, you be careful! My first stim cycle was cancelled prior to EPU because FS didn't want me to get OHSS (I had about 33 eggs at that time). It was a real bummer at the time, but I remember telling FS from early on that I had a sore tummy & taking my heat pack to work. Luckily, I haven't had full blown OHSS (& don't want to by the sounds of it) as I don't deal with pain overly well.
    Mon, sorry to hear about your levels. As BW said though, if you can still get to EPU and freeze some eggs, then there is still a postitive ahead. But, my DH always says to me that my health is most important and to look after myself.
    BW & BG good to see you popping in. Hope you are both well. BW, I hope you have recovered (mostly) from your most recent OHSS.
    Slyder, how are you & DW going? Making some positive progress I hope.
    Take care all & have a great weekend -- REST Shannon & Mon.
    Wow, two posts in one day - that's a record for me.

Shannon, hate to butt in as I don't know you that well, but I gotta agree with the rest of the gang, gotta look after yourself even if you hate hospitals.
    Melsta - (if your still around) I know it's probably late, but congrats. Really pleased for you. You give us hope.
    I think life is being kind of kind to me in that Ive been REALLY busy so the TWW is suppose to be not that bad but MAN does it do your head in when you have time to think. Though the body is playing mind games on me, I get the nausea and extreme tiredness.. but then I'll get cramps like pre-AF. I get excited bout the nausea(never thought Id say that) but then ya brain goes, hmm, coming off the med's still or could it be something better?.. but seriously, am I the only one hating that my BT is 24th December, is that cruel fate? in the most positive or negative sense..
    Is there any way I can test before hand, like up to how far early or will nothing show up until TWW date?
    (sorry to ramble)

oh another question that we might not have an answer to. But. When you have EPU, do they drain ALL follicles? or is there a chance some are left behind and u have a change of get preggers? (multiple?).

I'm pretty sure they drain all follies, unless for some reason they can't get to them. I don't know about anyone else, but the idea of sex anywhere near EPU is just... let's just say hell, no! Could just be the OHSS that does it, but I'm usually too sore after a few days of stims, and then it takes at least three weeks for my ovaries to shrink back to normal size so it's not so painful.

Mostly recovered from the OHSS... doing some serious resting now that school holidays have started for me. Reading every day, but not got a lot to say... until I find people being as stubborn and pig-headed about hospital with OHSS as I was. Arthritis giving me hell, so looking forward to a quiet Christmas at home with no travelling for a change.

BW

Thanks Butterfly, I get what your talking bout the sex part, Im actually starting to wonder when the drive will come back (so is DH). I am extremely pleased though that it seems I only suffered a mild OHSS. Stomach is starting to *slowly* return to normal. Its amazing what those drugs will do not to mention that the FS have figured it all out.. now if only they could figure out the process to Guarantee a BFP

Shannon if you are not in hospital now I will drive round until I find you and take you myself. This is way too serious to be brave and strong about sweet you need to look after your self!

Mon - I am thinking of you sweet

BW - Glad to hear you are feeling better

Quick me update: First week of work is down and very busy off to Melbourne for one night next week then back to Brissie so we can drive back to Vic to see family and friends for Christmas.

My Apotpted Niece to be Maya some of you may know from reading my blog I have been asked to be her Aussie Aunty is to be induced on the 23rd and is likely to be born on Christmas Eve I am excited about that

Hugs and Take care all

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast