Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - May 2008

slyder Guest

Default Long Term Assisted Conception - May 2008

If there is anything you would like to discuss about the thread or have any problems then please contact one of the moderators. All emails/PM's are treated confidentially.

The moderators of this forum are:

Sarah_H - Admin
    sushee - Senior Moderator
    slyder - Moderator

To contact any of the above, please see this post.

Your old thread is here

yay i'm first!

my embies today are as follows

2 @ 2 cells
    2 @ 4 cells
    1 @ 5 cells

so three good looking ones. my FS wants me to still do a blastocyst cycle, so transfer will be monday, probably in the morning.

take care everybody

And I'm second....

Just got back from Sydney. Very tired but also happy, although the full reality has yet to sink in as the brain is still a bit foggy.

We got 4 eggs - YAY! One from each of the follies. That has been our best result yet (previously have only got 1 egg) and on about half the dose of FSH as previous cycles and only 10 days worth! Now we start the waiting game again to hear tomorrow about fert rates etc. We still don't know whether we are doing a day 3 transfer or blastie and to be honest, no-one has really spoken to us about that. The only info I have is from what BW told me (thanks BW ) so we really are putting our trust in the people at NGF.

Anyway, only a short post. I need to rest. I will pop back when I have more news and will hopefully be up to personals. Take care all.
    Chezxx

all sounding fantastic so far for both of you!

Chez - rest up hunny! a big trip like that after EPU is very tiring (and mine is only about half what yours has been!)

Thanks BG - I am tearing myself away from BB now - I had so much to catch up on in the last 2 days! Time for my DF to take care of me, although the poor pet is a bit tired having to do all the driving home by himself.
    xx

Chez, make sure you ask the scientist when they call tomorrow. They usually call around 10ish... and my theory that the worse the news is, the later the call is usually holds. Calls at 12 have revealed thaw disasters, while the call after 11 revealed absolutely CRAP fertilisation rates. When they called me on the Sunday (day 2), they demanded a decision on blastocyst or day three then and there, which I really wasn't prepared for. Was the $600 blastocyst culture fee included in your cycle fee? Either way, ask the scientist what they suggest on Saturday - but they will probably give you the spiel about if it doesn't make it to blast in the lab it was never going to get you pregnant anyay... but I'm not sure I believe that now.

Sonya, good luck with the blast culture. With five embryos all progressing you're in a pretty good place for it.

BW

Chez - OMG!!!! That is just BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT news!!!!!!!! - A big step up from your last cycle hun, that is just absolutely amazing!!!
    You guys must be so thrilled!!!!
    Can't wait to hear fertilisation results... take it easy and embrace it all hun - you guys deserve it sooooo much!!!

Sonya - WOOHOO!!! Your embies sound nice & strong to make it to blast - are you putting back one or two???
    Hope the weekend goes quickly for you & you can have transfer done before you even know it xxx

Hi everyone

We got the phone call from the scientist a little after 10:30 this morning. Of the 4 collected, one was empty and one was immature. So they fertilised 2 yesterday afternoon. Overnight, one of them didn't fertilise properly - something about the way the sperm and the egg bonded meant an incorrect number of chromosomes, which left one which was looking good. So we are booked in for a transfer with David on Monday morning. We are not sure yet but thinking about driving up early on Monday morning so we don't have the added expense of the hotel bill and meals away, but we will re-assess tomorrow when we get our follow up call from the scientist.

BW - I am not sure if the blastie fee was included in our cycle or not. To be honest I haven't even thought about it because we have never been in that situation before.

Anyway, spent the morning out and we came home with a new front load washer and dryer (we badly needed a new dryer and our washing machine was sooooo tiny - we are hoping the new one will be washing nappies in about 9 months time!). It's about 8deg here and raining on and off so winter has definitely arrived. I am consequently quite tired now so will need to put my feet up for a bit.

Thanks everybody for your thoughts and good wishes. Take care all and talk to you soon.
    xx

Great news on your embie Chez! you and i will be having transfers on the same day.

rest up hun and take care of yourself!

my clinic rang me today which frightened the life out of me as its normal for me to ring them, not vice-versa. but embryologist explained that they had some spare time and were making the calls themselves

my embies are doing so well, its sounds silly but i am already so proud of them...
    they have progressed really well and are now at
    2 @ 8 cells
    2 @ 7 cells
    1 @ 5 cells.

on day 3 they like anything from 6-10 cell. so we are right on track.....

oh and in reply to an earlier question, im having 1 put back at a time. i personally do not want any more than that for various reasons.

Chez, I'm sorry to hear things have gone badly... it's starting to mimic my cycle so exactly! Good luck for Monday, and I'll be praying like mad that your little lone ranger pushes on through tomorrow and makes it safely to Monday. I just realised what a shame it is that your transfer is this week, not next week. I'm in there next Monday to see David, and could have arranged to take the day off work and meet you for lunch or something.

Sonya, sounds like you've got a bunch of good ones there! Hoping they continue to grow well.

BW

Quote Originally Posted by butterfly_warrior View Post
    ... it's starting to mimic my cycle so exactly!BW
    Chez, if things stay that way, you'll be doing perfectly

SO good to hear you have a little fighter I'm so happy to hear about your prescious little embie - Sending you lots and lots of well wishes for Monday

Sonya - on your embies as well!!!!
    Things in this thread are sounding really great atm - here's hoping BW's 'condition' is contagious for all of us

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend

Hi everyone

Well our little fighter has divided overnight so we are all set for a transfer tomorrow morning. We will just go up and back in the one day to try to minimise our costs. The credit card is looking decidedly unhealthy at the moment! And I have a post transfer AP session booked for tomorrow afternoon... cross your fingers and toes for us please. We really need the positive vibes at the moment I have gone from feeling calm and optimistic through most of the cycle to this morning having a bit of a teary session. I was worried that our one little embie hadn't made it and because the scientist took so long to call, I took BW's advice as correct - the later they ring the worse the news. Is it the progesterone that is causing me to get all emotional I wonder? I have only had 2 doses of it.

Sonya your embies are sounding like they are going great. And I can't believe the difference in cell numbers - at day 2 for me mine had only just split early this morning, though we are hoping that it has/will divide again today. Looks like we will be in the TWW together!

BW - on reflection we don't think this cycle has gone badly at all - we still have ended up with one embie (I am trying to be all positive here) but hopefully this one will be the strong one. It is a shame that we couldn't meet up for coffee or lunch while we are up there but it is going to have to be a flying visit to get back in time for AP appointment.

Holly - thanks so much for your enthusiasm and support. Please keep those prayers going for us.

Well my AP has told me I need to rest up today. That's hard when I have a uni assignment to do. So I am thinking I will do a couple of hours on the assignment and then have a relaxing afternoon.

Take care all
    xxx

Chez, I'm sorry my comments have freaked you out a bit. If it's any comfort, I've done that to myself before. The whole they should have called by now, but haven't, so it must mean bad news thing... and then it turns out absolutely nothing is wrong... Good luck for tomorrow.

BW

Sending you MASSES of positive vibes for tomorrow Chez xxx

Your little one sounds like its a fighter - definately takes after its mummy by the sound of things

I will be thinking of you tomorrow all day - try to take things easy (yeah right, she says )... and hoping that the acupuncture is the icing on the cake to help that little one snuggle in tightly for the next 8 months

Lots and lots of love

Chez & Sonya, just wanted to pop in quickly and wish you girls all the best of luck for tomorrow. Chez, sounds like you have a little fighter there in your embie!
    Sonya, sounds like yours are going great guns!! Hoping like mad we have a couple more BFP's in here in a couple of weeks.

BG, how are you doing?

Lou, hope you're ok. Have been thinking about you lots this week.

Sonya and Chez - just wanting to wish you both all the very best for your transfers today

Megan - thanks for asking after me - just strugglin along at the moment. have a lot of questions in my head and just can't get them out. seem mostly ok now except at bed time when i'm by myself (rest of the day i at least have a cat to keep me company!). desperately need DH to be home just so that we can talk properly and so that i can get a cuddle instead of words, but it's not happening at this point - probably not til at least next week. ahhh, the life of a truckers wife!

Default Bad news

Hi everyone

Just a quick message to let you know that we didn't transfer today We got about two thirds of the way to Sydney and had a phone call from the scientist. Our little embie had only just got to 3 cells and wasn't considered to be growing fast enough, so David had decided not to go ahead with the transfer. He offered to see us for an appointment, which we did (we were nearly there!) which has left us with more questions than answers unfortunately. I am waivering between tears of sadness and anger and frustration and a whole lot of other emotions all swirling around inside of me. Everything was looking so good for us this cycle and to have it end this way was something that we weren't prepared for at all And poor DF had tears in his eyes when he heard the news as well. I feel like I have let him down...

We are now trying to work out where to from here.... I will pop back in when I am a bit more together...
    xxx

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast