Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - October '05

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi all,

my first AF arrived at 9 and an 1/2 years of age and I thought I had the runs! My mum discovered me scrubbing my knickers frantically in the bathroom on the fourth day and had to break the news to me! Lol!

Keen, glad to see you back on BB my sweet.

Sheree, that all went well yesterday.

Suzi, blue, ann, Bee, Tam et all I just started work and therefore have just clocked on for my thread lurking!

love
    sushee

Hi Ladies and thanks for your wishes. We had EPU yesterday and got 6 eggs, so we find out the fertn rate this afternoon. And then the wait. By thurs we have to decide to do PGD or blast. I'm leaning to just going blast and actually getting to ET!!!! But I'm exhausted and sick of all this ivf/TTC stuff. We will probably give it a break over summer, so that we can enjoy life for a change.

Tam good luck for Friday.

I can't remember my first AF :-#

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Sheree - hoping for 100% fertilisation for you
    hope you are feeling okay after EPU

Thanks Trish and the other lovely ladies here.
    Well out of the 6 eggs 5 were deemed suitable for ICSI, and all 5 fertilised. But we have daily "numbers" to deal with until Friday!!!!!!

Hey Sheree, that's pretty good so far!! I'm hopeless at maths, but it's close enough to 100% I reckon. Sounds like you're on a nice, steady track. =D>
    Hi everyone else, especially you Sush-lurker. Groaning at your 1st AF story. 4 days and you didn't say anything? Wrong colour for the runs! Oooops, tmi. Sorry.
    Hope you're all doing well.
    Love
    Sue

Hey, I was only 9 and a bit! What did I know? Lol!

Sheree Woooooooohooooooo (like I said in my email) I know you've got a few days to go yet, but this has got to be a good sign!

love
    sushee

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Great news Sheree
    so are you going for blasts this time round ?

I read your PGD stats - heartbreaking you never got to transfer
    that is amazing they found so many different abnormalities - how accurate are they ?

I have only read a little bit on PGD - I know so little.

HI Sue - are you home already

OK Sush, settle petal.
    Hi Trish. Yep, as a rule, I work 7.45 - 4 (aim to anyway). Yep, came home and had a bit of a play in the garden. Best post-work activity I can think of (atm anyway...)
    How are you going? I know I read it in the other forum but brain is overloaded (age). When do you start sniffing?
    Love
    Sue

Trish - yep PGD sucks generally, that is why we haven't made up our mind whether to do just blast or go ahead with PGD. We have to make up our minds tomorrow afternoon because they would be doing the PGD biopsy Thursday morning!

Sheree - that is an awesome fertilisation rate sweetheart! Seems you got some strong little uns there - dont envy your trying to make that decision, can definitely understand your wanting to at least get to ET... :-k

Sush - poor you and your first AF. I dont remember mine exactly - as in my reaction - but I do know that I was 10, and the second time they came I was away at school camp .

Hi Keen. How are you going? Thinking too much, trying not to think, thinking anyway....
    Take care of your heart.
    Love
    Sue

hey Sue, thanks. Im just doing what we have to - coping and moving right along.

when is everything happening for you? Must be getting excited!

Sheree, yah for you. Here's to the next few days & hoping for success & ET whatever way you decide

Seems everyone is going well, which is good to hear

I'm just twiddling my thumbs for Friday, feeling a bit sick so hoping it all goes before ET

And no idea of my first AF, I remember it was later than my mates so it was one of those things that everyone else has & you don't.
    :-k Kind of like now with a baby!

Take care guys

Watching All Saints at the moment & there's a lady who's ended up being allergic to FSH after a year of IVF (her dose was upped this last cycle). They showed a bit of the emotional side of it, but I think they overdid the psycho woman a bit. it was sad that in the end she has to stop.
    Sometimes makes me wonder what other people think (not saying that it bothers me!)

If this cycle doesn't work, it's up to 1 year for us.

Sheree, that sounds all good so far. I'll have my fingers crossed for you all week. (Makes typing a bit slow though... )

I got my first the night before the school athletics carnival in year 8. I was 13. I remember crying and crying because how on earth could I win races with a mattress shoved into my pants! I remember my mum told me I was "one of the girls now".

I've got my down reg scan today so hopefully start injecting soon. I'm going to tell Dr that I don't care if he puts me in hospital, I want lots of follies this time (of course, as long as I come OUT of hospital!). With respect to you guys that go through all this and end up with nothing, going through this and only getting a couple of shots is very disappointing. Will see what reaction I get...

Where is everyone??

Well, I start 225 GonalF tomorrow which is the dose I finished last pick up. Just between us... I'm quietly excited about jabbing myself again... 8-[

Excellent news Bee, you should be excited, good on you.

Yay Bee,

I know that after a long wait to start your cycle, it is exciting to start the injections again. I know that sounds strange, but I soooo understand how you feel. Like you're finally moving along again!

love
    sushee

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast