Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - September '05

Sheree - all the best for this cycle. With that positive outlook, you're on your way to that BFP you deserve.

Hi everyone
    Sounds like you're on the right track *Tam*. It's practically impossible to forget you're TTC. But, at least if you're finding a few things here and there to distract you both, your focus goes in a different direction for a little while anyway. I know, it's just plain cr*p. I read somewhere that it's a good idea to have something special planned for the week after your Beta is due. Like hosting a dinner party/bbq. The whole bit with invitations, decorations etc. That way, it's all organised before/during your 2ww and you're pretty much locked in to holding it. If you don't get the result you want, you're forced to focus on something else. If you are pg - good excuse to party. I never tried it myself. Never trusted myself not to let my guests down if I didn't handle a bad result very well! Probably shouldn't offer it as advice in that case!! #-o Talking about it with each other is the best thing and you're doing that.
    Sheree, congratulations on AF arriving. Rollin' rollin' rollin'... Time to throw those feminine hygiene products away. But, just don't do my tampon camping trick.
    Hey Keen, how did you go?
    Back at work Sush.....
    Take care girls
    Sue

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sheree,

wow! At least you'll be busy and the time will pass quickly. What do they call your protocol?

Sue, yes I'm back at work but finish in half and hour. Yes, I only try to get through to the end of the day. Don't even talk to me about tomorrow! =;

love
    sushee

Mine is apparently for poor responders. So we are trying to get more embies to biopsy in the hope of finding at least one normal. I've got to have another BT tomorrow because AF has been very light - so need to prove CD1 is today or not!!!

Ann - how are you possum?

ditto from me Ann...

Blue Sky Guest

Sheree - good luck with this cycle! Will be hoping and [-o< for you!
    Tam - I think you've hit the nail on the head. So much so that I suggested to DH tonight that we take some time out soon. A mini holiday Think you're right Sue - need something to look forward to and to refocus the mind off all the TTC.
    LOL to camping trick too Sue!
    Thinking of you Ann
    take care
    H

Hey Blue
    When are you seeing the counsellor?
    Where are you and DH off to? Tarcutta?
    Sue

Blue Sky Guest

Tarcutta - LOL! We've got a wedding in the grampians in a couple of months - thought we might cut across and do the great ocean road on the way back. Check out the appostles before another one bites the dust.

Seeing the counsellor tomorrow.

How are you doing petal?

Grampians over Tarcutta? Oh. :-s
    Good luck tomorrow. Hope you come away with some strategies to help you through all this.
    I think I'm on a different rollercoaster ride now. Give up and travel, don't give up and go searching for another donor. :smt102 Trish saw an article in the paper that my clinic have had 40 enquiries since the Sunrise appearance of my dr. Apparently though, they say that they predict only around 6 or so will go ahead/be accepted. Maybe my body just wants a break for 6 - 7 months. I dunno. Have been looking at travel brochures though.
    See, it's a different roller-coaster. :-k Maybe I should call it a see-saw so there's no confusion which fairground attraction I'm on...
    Love
    Sue

Oh, Blue....I forgot.
    I can eat chokky bikkies without panicking atm (up-side). Have run out of mint slice (down side). But..... I always have an emergency packet of TimTams in the cupboard. I have a friend who is addicted to them. I just ate half a packet. :badgrin:

Blue Sky Guest

mmm tim-tams!! I just love drinking coffee through a tim-tam straw!

Thanks for your thoughts on tomorrow. Should be fun! 8-[

Hmmm yes, see-saw sounds like a good analogy. The Sunrise article sounds like it reached a few people. yay koshi (is that how it's spelt? is that even the right channel? LOL - I'm usually at work by 7, have no idea!)
    Cheers
    H

Not sure how you spell it but that's how you say it. I have to have my tv programmed to come on at 6am to Sunrise, really loud volume. Then I have to get up to turn it down... Always start the morning off with a laugh. Might ring the clinic tomorrow and get the low-down.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Goodluck Sue - hope you are first on their list

thanks Trish. Will keep you posted.
    Just saw your ticker. Wow, only 44 days to go....

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

week 1 ](*,) happening now
    week 2 ](*,)
    week 3 ](*,)
    week 4 ](*,) :roll:
    week 5 ](*,) [-o<
    week 6 [-o< dust: :bdust:
    week 7 (well a bit of it) :bluestick: inkstick:
    week 8 [-o<
    week 9 ???

[-o< 8.5 months later

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Lol Trish,

Your schedule there sounds like a plan! Now stick to it, you hear?

Ann, still looking out for you, hunny.

Sue, I hope somthing good comes out of the Sunrise segment. The guys at work were talking about it last night (I admit, I planted the little seed in their heads) and the recurring issues didn't seem to be that their 'biological matter' would be used to help single people or gay couples, more that retrospective legislation may allow their child to come look for them. I don't think many men in general seem to be too attached to their sperm nor what results from it, they're more that their involvement finishes once they've handed over that cup, IYKWIM. And I think that's the uphill battle. Not one out of the 7 guys here said he'd have a problem donating to a single woman.

Urgh, been asked to start work early as the calls have already started to back up. Be back soon, y'all!

love
    sushee

Hi guys! I just got Sushee's message that this thread had started up and decided to come and say "count me in". I'm not as long term as some of you experts but I have well and truly passed the "I'm sick of this, maybe I'll just spend all my money on travel instead of trying to having a baby", and "will it EVER happen to me????" stages. I have every finger and toe crossed for all of us. I'm being generous and giving us until the end of 2005 to be out of here!!

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast