Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception - September '05

PS - Toffee Pops are better than Tim Tams!!

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Bee where are you up too - what are toffee pops btw?

OK so I have a delimma that I need you ladies to assist with: mum and dad have just told me they are visiting from 7-11oct, the month end accounts are due in 12oct and CD14 for me will be around 9oct!!! Can I do it all? Dh suggested that I postpone the cycle - WTF?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Welcome Bee,

Oh hunny, sounds like you fit in here alright! I didn't realise you were up to your third OPU!

Good luck and for many good qualtiy eggs!

love
    sushee

Hey Bee, good to see you! I'm with Trish, what are Toffee Pops? From memory, I think you are cycling in October? I was, but am not now, obviously!! So, hopefully, I'll be the only one of us still here by the end of 2005. I'm ok with that though. Nick of the lot of you, ya hear??? Just make sure you all keep popping in to say hi once you pop over to PG after LT TTC....
    Trish, I love your post. I hope you have something to pad that brick wall with. Seems so long when you map it like that but you'll be into week 3 before you know it. I did a spreadsheet (dag) for my last stim cycle. Looked like it would never end.
    Hi Sush. Kak - starting early. Hey, any of those guys single?? Who knows, I might be able to do it the old-fashioned way and fluke it!!! You're right about the possible legislation changes regarding info access. Shame it has to be that way. Was going to ring my clinic but was chasin' my tail all day today at work (work is really getting in the way at work atm). I don't think that's an excuse. :?
    Hey Blue, how did you go today with your chat?? Any coping mechanisms that sound helpful? Hope so.
    Ann, are you ok? Hope you can stick your head in soon.
    Ciao for now, the iron is staring at me...
    Sue

Ahhh, tough question Sheree.
    Do your parents know about IVF? If they do I wouldn't consider that a problem unless they are DVM & DVD. In which case I'd cancel.
    Month end accounts? I suppose if it's something you usually do standing on your head that's ok. But, it sounds like a cr*ppy job. Hmmm :-k
    I know the latest research says stress doesn't affect IVF outcomes, but, I'm not convinced.
    I just know that when I cycle, I try to make everything in other areas of my life nice and smooth running if I can. But, hey, if you're so full of other things going on - it may just work!!!
    I don't think I really gave you any advice then.
    Sorry
    Sue

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Sheree,

the question really is do you really to wait? I know that waiting can be just as hard as actually doing a cycle.

Then again, putting yourself under undue pressure will not help your cycle either.

So basically I'm being no help.

But if it were me, you know I'd not put off the cycle. I hate waiting.

Quattros rule over Tim Tams anyday!

love
    sushee

Thanks Sue, yep mum and dad know about IVF. In fact last time they visited I did an EPU. Anyway the b*ggers only told me today about the visit so they can just be accomodating. !!! I'm a financial controller, so the accounts team do the work and I review, but I've got to keep abreast of the status of the projects - but I might scrap in!!!hehehee

Boost chocolate bars are UNBEATABLE

Sheree, considering your folks know and you don't actually have to do the accounts, I say go for it.
    I don't know what you're all going on about...
    Mint Slice Rule

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Gee - I like all food =P~ - more savory than sweet - [-X succumbed to chocolate iced donut today but Tim Tams are okay - Kit kats are better (they are kind of a biscuit thingo)

Sheree - its up to you I would pull all stops to get to through a cycle - b*gger everything else - hey will the folks wait on you ?

I know I dont really fit into this category, but just wanted to drop in and tell you all that I so admire your strength, your courage and your conviction.

You are, each of you, wonderful women whom I am proud to consider friends.

I desperately hope for you all that you can get out of this forum and onto the 'other side' as soon as possible.

Hey Keen, you're such a sweetie.
    Hope you're taking good care of those embees...
    Gee, I think 4 years of TTC makes you a veteran???
    Rock on in and pull up a seat. But, having said that, you won't have time to get really comfy 'cause you'll be heading back out again in a couple of weeks...
    Love
    Sue

Melinda Guest

I was just sticking my head in to say hello, but with all this talk of chocolate, I'm drooling now!!! Especially talk of mint slices and boost bars!!!

Trish - I'm really pleased to see you back - you have been thoroughly missed.

Hello Melinda.
    Funny, mint slice bikkies were once just a PMT week treat. Now it's 2 every night. No wonder my cossie runs for cover when it sees me heading towards it....
    Sue

Melinda Guest

Just 2 a night Sue? You're letting the side down! LOL

I'm actually on a bit of a health kick ATM, hence the excessive drooling at all this chocolate talk!

Of course it's only 2 at night. And 2 when I get home from work. And 2 mid-morning on the weekends. #-o

I love OPU and transfer as my mum comes down from the central coast to look after me. She makes me a cuppa in bed and looks after me like I'm a sick kid home from school. I think she feels guilty in case she gave me dud female bits.

So anyway Sheree, my point is, let them come and look after you, you deserve a break.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast