Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ June 2006

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Long Term Assisted Conception ~ June 2006

Hello all the wonderful women of the forum!

June is here. We're halfway through the year already and we've survived it! We've proven we can keep strong and keep hoping. That is an achievement to be proud of!

To have any of your details included in this thread or modified in any way, please email any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-
    We will endeavour to update your details ASAP. We find this works best as often information posted in the thread itself can be lost or unseen.

Name -
    State -
    My Previous Cycle Length -
    Cycle Type -
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC -
    Medications -
    Important Dates -
    Extra Info -

Name - ~Angel Baby's Mum~ (Chele)
    State - SA
    My Previous Cycle Length - 29 - 30 - 31 - 40 - 29- 29
    Cycle Type - Natural then Blast FET End July Early Aug
    Months of TTC Since May 2003
    Medications - Folate
    Important Dates - Dr's Review Appt. 17th July
    Extra Info - 2 ICSI Cycles = ~Angel~, 4 failed snow bubs, 1 Fresh Blast Failed, 1 Frozen blast to go

Name - Ann
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28-43 days
    Cycle Type - Full stim cycle (ICSI)
    Months of TTC - 52 months
    Medications - none
    Important Dates - 6 May start Lucrin injections
    Extra Information -

Name - Bee
    State - Vic
    My Previous Cycle Length - Non existent
    Cycle Type - Down reg
    Months of TTC - Nearly 3 years
    Medications - Presently drug free
    Important Dates - 14 - June - Fly to Ldn
    Extra Information - No AF since stopping pill in 2002, otherwise "unexplained" infertility

Name - Blue Sky
    State - VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length - 37 - 21 - 38 - 30 -45 – 38 - 30 – 44 – 56 - 40 - ?? Lost count!
    Cycle type - Not Sure - switching Drs
    Months of TTC – Many years pre AC, 12 months AC, over 12 months IVF
    Medications – Blackmores Preg and BF Formula
    Important Dates – Appt with new Dr in July
    Extra Info – ICSI #1 – 0 embies, ICSI #2 – BFN, FET #1 – chem., FET #2 - chem, Ovulation Induction FET cancelled.

Name - Confusedegg (CHRIS)
    State -NSW
    My previous cycle length - IRREGULAR
    Cycle Type:
    Months of TTC 4 Years #1 EP (2000), 5 months #2-BFN (2004), 2 months #3 -BFP Twins (2005)
    Medications -
    Important Dates -
    Extra information - m/c twin girls 4&5/07/05 & EP lost tube 08/2000

Name - Daisy (Vicki)
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - hardly have them
    Cycle Type - On a forced break as my PCOS symtoms are out of control.
    Months of TTC - 5 years. ( started with DH on 18.05.01) also have tried privously with other DP with no luck
    Medications - Thyroxine, Metformin plus a whole stack of vitamins!
    Important Dates - Blood test in July to let me do another ICSI cycle
    Extra Info - 4 x ICSI. 1x FET. 3 BFP but all leading to M/C

Name: Firemansgirl (Leisa)
    State: NSW
    My previous cycle length: 28
    Cycle Type: natural
    Months of TTC: 23
    Medications: folic acid, zinc, evening primrose, herbal formula
    Important Dates: 12th April appointment with Dr Morgan, 17th May removal of endo from L ovary and lower sigmoid colon (bowel resec)
    Extra information:

Name - Kar
    State - ACT
    My Previous Cycle Length - between 26 and 34
    Cycle Type - On a 2 month break before FET
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - IVF/ICSI since Oct 2003, AC since Apr 05, trying since 2003.
    Medications - Elevit
    Important Dates - Waiting for FET in late June
    Extra Info - 39yo. 1st ICSI attempt Nov/Dec 2005 - BFN. Natural FET Feb 06 - BFN. 2nd ICSI Mar/Apr 2006 - BFN. 2 snowbabies left. BFP! June '06 (natural cycle)

Name - Keen
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 29
    Cycle Type - Natural for a while
    Months of TTC - 57
    Medications -
    Important Dates -
    Extra Information - Two ICSI snowbubs remaining.

Name - Krusty (Kristy)
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - I only cycle when on the pill
    Cycle Type - FET
    Months of TTC - 39
    Medications - Folic Acid, Metformin, Elevit
    Important Dates - 19th June scan to see if I'm ready for FET
    Extra Information - 4 frozen embryos

Name: MargOZ (Marg)
    State: VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length: 26 - 26 - 23 - 23 - 24 - 34
    Cycle Type: IVF
    Months of TTC: Commenced 2004 (2 x DI, 2 x IVF - all unsuccessful)
    Medications: Puregon, Clomid, Pregnyl
    Important Dates: Scan 17/5 & 26/5, OPU-ET end May 06
    Extra Info: Fibroids diagnosed & 7 removed Sep 04 with 2 remaining

Name: Shazld (Shazz)
    State: VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length: Anything it wanted
    Cycle Type: Natural FET
    Months of TTC: 4.5yrs #1
    Medications: 1000mg Metformin
    Important Dates: 26th May scan if all ok transfer 3 days later
    Extra Info: Crushed Tubes/PCOS, 3 Fresh Cycles, 3 HRT FET's, BFP in Nov 05, waters broke Feb o6 - My Angel

Name - SuziQ
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28, 28, 28
    Cycle Type - ICSI with donor sperm
    Months of TTC - 15 years (with a 4 year break)
    Medications - Dubai, Greece & Turkey brochures and the occasional scotch
    Important Dates - April 07 - departure lounge Mascot airport
    Extra Info - 43 years old. 11 years TTC with Ex. 6 months flying solo

Name - *Tam*
    State - WA
    My previous cycle length -varies
    Cycle Type:-
    Months of TTC - 2 1/2yrs DD, 3 yrs #2, AC 1+ years
    Medications -
    Important Dates -
    Extra information - Endo, no right tube, 3m/c, 1EP.

__________________________________________________ ___________

June TWW/ETs/BTs

Shazld
    MargOz

Read up on the posts from the old thread here

OH Wowee I get to be first cab off the rank I never done that before LOL.

Marg I hope everything starts moving soon so you don't have to cancel your cycle that would suck even more than my BFN.

ann Guest

Hi Girls,

Sorry I have been MIA the past few days, it has been a real roller coaster ride for us. It started after our EPU last Sunday, was really sore. Have been having BT's almost daily as DR's were concerned at hyperstimulating. All Bt's results have been "balistic" as the Dr's say, and wanted to do a freeze all, did not make me very happy at all.

Wed's Bt results were a little better so the Dr's said we could go ahead with transfer on Fri. Thursdays Bt results went "balistic" again, they wanted to cancel the transfer. Dr said we could have one last BT on Fri to see if results had improved. So we hung around in the city all morning hoping for transfer. Results were in, no change. The Dr in Sydney said he did not wish for transfer to go ahead, Dr in Lismore wasn't any more pleased either.

DH and I were asked to go in and see our Dr, this was half hour after our scheduled transfer, Dr said he was against it as my levels were so high I was in the top 1-2% of women to hyperstimulate to the point of hospitalisation - and life threatening.

I chose to go ahead with the transfer, Dr respected my wishes, after explaining the risks involved.

I now have a junior on board!

I must have complete bed rest, only getting up to have a quick shower, and to visit the loo. I must drink 2-3 ltrs of water a day, YUK!

Have heaps of paperwork to take with me to the hospital at the slightest symptoms.

Thats my week in review, I hope you are all having a great day, back to bed for me now, trying not to climb the walls with boredom!
    Luv Ann

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

goodluck Ann and I hope you in bed taking the DR's orders seriously I will be thinking of you in 2ww

Marg, so sorry to hear about your progress, honey. I know how much you have done this cycle to get a better result. I have had a cancelled cycle before - due to too many follies and it really is awful. Knowing you put yourself through all that and not even get a chance. I have everything crossed that your body kicks into gear and things perk up so you get to go ahead with an OPU.

Oh Ann, honey I hope it works out for you! Like Trish said you be a good girl now and do not move! I will be hoping and praying for a good result for you!

Chele, your details have been updated as requested

Ann, please take care of yourself my sweet! And of your precious little'un too!

Marg for things to progress!

love
    sushee

hey ann

praying all will be good for you... which dr was it in sydney giving the advice??? was it Dr Bowmen, or Livingstone???

take care and rest easy

leis xx

Smile

To you Ann stay in bed young lady as Dr has ordered and I hope all goes well for you and your emmbie

Hi Girls,

Sorry I haven't been posting but my computer crashed last week and the memory went to heaven. . Well i have had 2 scans since the 26th May to see if I am ovulating and not a dam thing. So we were going to wait till this Tues to see if anything was happening and if not I was switching to a dreaded Artificial FET, but this morning I think my pee test cam up with the second dark line and the reason I'm not sure is cause I was so use to not seeing that line I walked away and left it lol. When I came back in a hour I noticed the darker line, so I was wondering if anyone knew if it was ok to do another test this afternoon. It does say leave for 4 hrs inbetween tests but I know I have to ring the nurses to tell them.

Anyway fingers crossed girls
    Shazz.

Well I did another test and it came up positive.....wooo hoooooo!!! But I've gone to ring the nurses and they have gone home for the day, so now I'm stressing and hoping I'm not going to muck up the cycle cause I will be ringing them a day late. Does anyone know if its ok???
    Gosh you think after doing so many of them I'd have an idea but when they change you to a cycle you have never done before you go into melt down lol.

Hugs
    Shazz.
    xx

Im not sure Shazz... Do they not have an after hours number you can call?
    Im sure it will all be ok, but I honestly dont know for definite - everything crossed that all will be fine... Great news on getting the +ve result BTW!

Hi to all, hope you're having a good weekend.

Ann, what a week, very exciting but a bit scary, take care of yourself

Marg, big hugs for you, got my fingers crossed for you over the next few days

Shazz, sometimes it is a shock when the body actually does what it's supposed to! Hope it works out ok.

Chele, hope the next FET comes out with good results.

Hope you other 'in-betweeners' are enjoying your time off like me. But I'm not going to go into the charting, I'll just be happy if I actually cycle. Hope to show my body isn't a total write-off. Good luck
    Take care

Hello Lovlies,

I rung my nurse first thing this morning and if the embies survive thaw I will be going for transfer on Thurs!! It could of been Wed but they want to do a 3 day thaw. She was rapped that we are going for a natural cycle as like me we didn't want to do a Artificial.
    I defanatly am O'ing (day 22) as the pain in the left ovary hit last night and that where the biggest follie was on the scan, almost had to go for the panadol but held off lol.

DH actually said to me last night that we're really going to have to start saving and the house will go on the market sooner than we planed if I become pg again. When I asked why, he said because I want you to give up work yours and the babies health come first.......firstly I nearly fell of the couch because he wanted me to work for the first couple of months and secondly its so good to see him finally thinking a head and knowing he wants to keep going with ivf.

So thaw dust, prayers, thoughts etc need for this week girls and again thankyou for all your support this is probably going to be the hardest cycle that we will go through, since losing Chloe but I would be lost without all of you.

Hugs
    Shazz.
    xx

Hi Ann - take care and get plenty of rest - will be thinking of you and keeping everything crossed. xoxo

Hi Shazz - wishing you heaps and heaps of luck for Thursday. xoxo

Well, I went to the Clinic this morning expecting the bad news that this cycle for me is to be cancelled - and lo and behold - it's back on again! Holy cow! They really don't lie when they call IVF a rollercoaster do they!!! I was SO down over the weekend and now I don't know what I'm feeling.

Unfortunately the bad news is that there are definitely only 4 follies but they are all a good size and considering I may never get much more than that, they've decided to give it a go and hope there are at least a couple of healthy mature eggs. Trigger injection is Tue night at 8pm - OPU is 8.00am Thu morning and ET either late Fri or Sat.

I am SOOOO tired at the moment I feel like I could sleep for a week! A big thank you for all your positive thoughts - I guess now it's just wait and see.

Hope everyone is is well.
    Marg

Good Luck Marg,
    I have my fingers crossed for.. (BTW, what a brilliant win the boys had on Saturday
    night!)

Ann,
    I hope your resting up Missy moo!!!!

Best wishes Shazz!!!!

Good Luck to all you ladies ina ll your various TTC stages!!!!

Good luck Marg... i have everything x'ed for you honey... love leis xx

ann Guest

Margoz,
    way to go, good luck!

Just a quick question for all you knowledgable girls out there in IVF land.

Can Crinone gel cause irritation and thus a small, very small amount of bleeding?

I have been a very good girl, I am out of bed now, but DH will not let me lift a finger, must say I am TOTALLY bored out of my brain.

I had the results from some of my blood work taken yesterday, and it is all good, we are just so glad we didn't listen to the Dr in Sydney, we would have missed out on our freshy transfer.

Hope you are all well, will catch up later

Ann
    I'm surprised DH doesn't want to write this for me, I might get finger strain!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast