Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ May 2006

Chele, oh so close, hope your belly loses it's colour, I only got a few bruises this time, but still have one now reminding me, a week later! Have you had scans yet.

Leis, I'll get in & wish you well too, I might not make it on with work tomorrow, am hoping sooooo much this is the last one for you. take care

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.

Well guys... here is my finally 'cheerio' to you all as i make the trek down to Sydney tomorrow morning... Pick mum up from the airport at 1310 and we are then staying at my aunts house at Coogee... Can't believe i will be so close to my favourite pub (The Coogee Bay Hotel) but unable to drink....

Apparently I am first on the list .. so would imagine it will be about a 530 arrival at the hospital...then the fun and games begins... Can't really believe i am having to go through this AGAIN... but once I awake in recovery, hopefully, they will say all good recover and 'do your thang'..... In away I am a little nervous about the whole TTC thing again... Sometimes I think I don't want to BD around the vital time just so i don't get dissappointed... silly and stupid as we all know you have to be in it to win it..

Anyway.. when i get back i want to see heaps and heaps of good luck to Tam and everyone else....

Take care and thanks for your thoughts

Love Leis xx

Leis - sending lots of healthy wishes your way. that BFP wont be far away. xoxo

Chele - the bruises are lovely aren't they! I had 22 injections in 2 weeks for my 2nd IVF attempt late last year and the lady doing my final scan freaked out when she saw my poor bruised tummy! LOL!

Keen - hope the retail therapy was fun!

Tam - hope the TWW isn't dragging too much. xoxo

A big hello and hug to everyone.

I've been feeling really yuk! Had to go home early on Fri coz of headaches and well.....just feeling yuk! Don't know how else to explain it! LOL! It's a bit weird coz I had hardly any side effect with the 2 IVF attempts last year (and they didn't go very well) - I guess I'm hoping it's a good sign that my body is reacting to the drugs this time around. I HOPE!!!

Take care,
    Marg

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Leis - sending lots of , and quicky recovery vibes your way - you said your self you will be in good hands and you are such a good girl (imagine the temptation of the pub) .I can't say enjoy your time in Sydney but hope it all goes 100%.

Hey All
    Had first and last scan today woohoo body is working well this time. Not a huge amount of Follicles but there are a lot of big ones hence the aching overies the last frew days. So off to surgery I go 9:30am Wed so shall hope for quality not quantity this time around for blast.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Great news Chele! Hopefully you'll have loads of good quality embryos to choose from this time.

Leis, thinking of you with the up-coming op. Hope it does the trick.

Tam, when's your BT?

love
    sushee

Leis- will be thinking of you honey.

Chele- great news. Cant wait to find out how you went.

Anne- How are you doing? Have you got a date for EPU yet?

Marg- Sorry to hear that you have been feeling off. Hoping it is a good sign. Please dont over do it Ok.

Tam- hows the 2ww going?

Keen- Retail therapy sounds great. Hope you managed to find some really great treasures.

Sue- how is the foot going? Hope it is getting better.

Hello to everyone else. Many hugs to you all.

Eeeep! I forgot about our chat - it's on TONIGHT.

Details here

Hi Everyone
    Tam - how is the TWW? When do you test?
    Marg - Good to hear you are on the way again. Where are you up to?
    Daisy - thanks for offer of book. Dumb question but what is it about exactly? I can't seem to find it when I google?
    Ann - you must be a jabbing pro by now? Anymore news on the GF? And more importantly: how are the follies and when is your EPU?
    Keen - did you let it rip on the retail? Buy anything spec?
    Chele - you must be in recovery right about now. Hope EPU has gone really well and now they are all going to
    Trish - how are you going?
    Leis - hoping the op went well.
    Sue - Hope that foot is better! How many sleeps?
    Sushee - lovely to hear from you.
    Hope I haven't forgotten anyone! Hello if I have.

As for me I've been keeping a low profile since seeing a counsellor and then getting a cold late last week. Don't think she gave me the cold but a lot of "stuff" is coming up - and I thought I'd grown up to be well adjusted! The "stuff" is scaring me so much that I am going to put off my FET another month til I get sorted. It appears I may have a subconscious fear of getting pregnant passed on to me before my birth and from my own childhood! Heavens above! :eek:

Hi Girls hope I can join in.

This will be my first natural FET and I'm a little nervious cause I feel I should be popping pills or something lol, also its our first cycle since losing our Angel in Feb.

Shazz.
    Last edited by shazld; May 17th, 2006 at 05:30 PM.

Shazz, my sweet,

your details are all added to the front page. Welcome to the forum!

love
    sushee

Thumbs up

:eek: 16 eggs Today not happy Jan. They said I have to be careful of over stimulating I hope some are gr8 quality. Shall let you know tomorrow arvo re how many fertilised and time for transfer on Monday. Very sore this time around so may have tomorrow off too. I told them to only ring after 3:30 in case I worked but I shall be hoping all day they ring earlier LOL.

Mods please add Crinone & Pregnal to my Meds and take off peuregon
    Start Crinone on Friday Night and Need BT on Tues 23rd to test e2 & p4 before taking Pregnal Injection that night.

Hi girls, just a quickie this arvo
    Tam, hope you're hanging in there...
    Leis, I know you can't read this but hope all went well today.
    Shazz, I think I said hi before but just in case I didn't - hi!
    Edited to add: Chele, we must have posted at the same time. Is 16 eggs bad? Hope you get a good fert rate!
    Kar, try not to be too concerned about the 'stuff' - we've all got that to some extent (you're talking to an expert here). It means you're beautiful....I read this on another board. I know it's not strictly what you're talking about but I was looking for a reason to post it!
    "The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen." ~ Elizabeth Kubler Ross (passÚd on 24/8/04)
    I reckon we're all beautiful in that case.
    Me - damn foot. Am now on Long Service Leave until it's completely healed after aggravating it last week at work. So, back to the lounge.
    Hi to everyone, hope you're all well.
    Sue

Chele,

I'm too, are you peeved about the 16 eggs coz of the chance you may overstim? Either way, for a good fertilsation rate for you, my sweet!

Sue, your post is lovely! Can I use that quote in my signature? 'Beautiful people do not just happen'. How true! I would love to be reminded of it everyday!

ETA Sue, YOU should have that quote in YOUR signature!

love
    sushee

Hello everyone!!

Chele- 16 is a great number honey. I know that I sercetly always want more than what they get. And that is normal. The more we get the more sucess rate we have right? Only it doesnt work that way at all. So if that is what you are thinking please dont stress. It is quality not quanity. I am keeping everything crossed for you mate. and will be looking in tomorrow to hear how many have fertilised. I hope you are felling a little better. Please take it easy and if you need another day off do it!!!

Tam- how are you doing?

Kar- The book is by Linda Fiske She had IVF herself and ended up having 1 child. She did IVf 20 years ago, and found then that the support for IVF patients was pretty much non existent. I actully met her last year. She is heavily involved with ACCESS. and is also apart of the IVF accreditation team.( All IVF clicics have to accredited every 3 years. For the pateints to be able to claim from medicare) She seemed really nice. In her book she mainly talks about her experiences and feelings. and she has also interviewed many women who have undergone IVF. The book was really hard to read at first as it bought up all my "hurting"feelings. But it is getting better. To be honest I find all you girls here more helpful than the book. I spent $25 on it. And honestly If you want to read it I rather you just have mine when I am finished than go out and buy you own copy. ( but it is totally up to you either way!)

Leis- thinking of you today honey!!!

Shazz- good to see you again. hope all is going smoothly for this cycle

Sue- thank you so much for sharing those lovely words. I am glad to hear you are off work. ( but unhappy to hear you had to use your LSL) I really hope your foot heals with all the TLC you will give it by being off.

Anne- thinking of you!!!

Keen- hope you are doing well. I actully did abit of retail therapy myself yesterday. It felt really good. And My DH will kill me when he gets the credit card statement!!!

And to everyone else I do hope you are all doing well.
    XXXXX

Shazid - welcome! Sorry I forgot you earlier. Keep sticking your head in and posting. You will rapidly become part of the group. I am also a relatively recent joiner and the LTAC honeys just make you feel right at home! Unsurprising that you are especially nervous after your loss. If it is any consolation it is so much easier than ET on a stim cycle. How many embies are you having put back and are they 3day or blasts?

Sue - you are a sweetheart. Mwa! Thank you for your post. I feel much better! I hope that using LSL is not. I agree with Sush you should have that quote in your sig.

Chele - OMG Woman! What the hey! that is a fantastic number of eggs. Hope your eggs and DH's swimmers are having a big party in that tube tonight!

Vicki - I might take you up on that offer in a few months.

Hi everyone

Hey Chele - 16 is really good honey! That gives you a pretty good chance of at least a few nice growers... hang in there - hope the pain eases up and that you get goo dnews re: your fertilisation soon

Im just plodding right now - not sure exactly what is next and where or when.... hating that time is passing by with nothing happening, but still not going to make any rash decisions just now....

I think I shall continue the retail therapy and hope that it provides a little more comfort....

Love to all you ladies - I know how much we really need it!

Leis - thinking of you xoxo

Chele - 16 eggs is great. Here's to you feeling 100% asap and having lots of healthy little embies.

Keen - did a little bit of retail therapy myself yesterday - actually it really did help! LOL!

Tam - hope all is well. xo

SuziQ - ahhhh - loved those words.

Shazz - sending heaps of positive vibes your way. t/c.

Kar - I'm sure you'll work through all the 'stuff' in no time. xo I had a similar thing with a Kinesiologist I saw - it was amazing what issues came up from years ago but I definitely feel better for it now.

A big hello to daisy, sushee, trish and Ann (and anyone I've missed)

Well, I had my first down-reg scan at Ballarat yesterday! I swear, I just think things are finally going to plan and another issue comes up!!! It seems I'm not 'off' enough yet so have to be on synarel for another week before I go back for another scan next Wed and hopefully then can start the puregon injections. And to top it off I have to do two sniffs of synarel morning and night during this next week - yuk!

They explained that the puregon works better when the system is as 'turned off' as possible! So I guess if waiting another week hopefully helps my chances then I can cope with it! I definitely don't have the same patience I had in my 'younger' days! LOL!

Oh, and they also want me to take a fairly new drug called Luveris - it's ANOTHER injection that I have at the same time as the last few days of puregon which they said is supposed to help with the quality of the eggs. Guess it's worth trying and seeing if it helps - although they are an extra $130 each - gulp!

Marg

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast