Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ May 2006

Default Long Term Assisted Conception ~ May 2006

Hello all the wonderful women of the forum!

May is going to be a good month for the women in here. We are going to move forward, make plans, change our lives and achieve our dreams this year, starting this month!

To have any of your details included in this thread or modified in any way, please email any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum:-

* Sarah_H
    * Inspiration
    * sushee
    * Cailin

We will endeavour to update your details ASAP. We find this works best as often information posted in the thread itself can be lost or unseen.

Name -
    State -
    My Previous Cycle Length -
    Cycle Type -
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC -
    Medications -
    Important Dates -
    Extra Info -

Name - ~Angel Baby's Mum~ - Chele
    State - SA
    My Previous Cycle Length - 29 - 30 - 31 - 40 - 29
    Cycle Type - Stim ICSI
    Months of TTC Since May 2003
    Medications - Folate, Crinone, Pregnyl
    Important Dates - Hopefully 17th and 22nd May for Collection and Blast Transfer
    Extra Info - 1 fresh cycle = ~Angel~ 4 snow bubs failed

Name - Ann
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28-43 days
    Cycle Type - Full stim cycle (ICSI)
    Months of TTC - 52 months
    Medications - none
    Important Dates - 6 May start Lucrin injections
    Extra Information -

Name - Bee
    State - Vic
    My Previous Cycle Length - Non existent
    Cycle Type - Down reg
    Months of TTC - Nearly 3 years
    Medications - Presently drug free
    Important Dates - 14 - June - Fly to Ldn
    Extra Information - No AF since stopping pill in 2002, otherwise "unexplained" infertility

Name - Blue Sky
    State - VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length - 37 - 21 - 38 - 30 -45 €“ 38 - 30 €“ 44 €“ 56 - 40 - ?? Lost count!
    Cycle type - Not Sure - switching Drs
    Months of TTC €“ Many years pre AC, 12 months AC, over 12 months IVF
    Medications €“ Blackmores Preg and BF Formula
    Important Dates €“ Appt with new Dr in July
    Extra Info €“ ICSI #1 €“ 0 embies, ICSI #2 €“ BFN, FET #1 €“ chem., FET #2 - chem, Ovulation Induction FET cancelled.

Name - Confusedegg (CHRIS)
    State -NSW
    My previous cycle length - IRREGULAR
    Cycle Type:
    Months of TTC 4 Years #1 EP (2000), 5 months #2-BFN (2004), 2 months #3 -BFP Twins (2005)
    Medications -
    Important Dates -
    Extra information - m/c twin girls 4&5/07/05 & EP lost tube 08/2000

Name - Daisy ( Vicki)
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - hardly have them
    Cycle Type - On a forced break as my PCOS symtoms are out of control.
    Months of TTC - 5 years. ( started with DH on 18.05.01) also have tried privously with other DP with no luck
    Medications - Thyroxine, Metformin plus a whole stack of vitamins!
    Important Dates - Blood test in July to let me do another ICSI cycle
    Extra Info - 4 x ICSI. 1x FET. 3 BFP but all leading to M/C

Name - Kar
    State - ACT
    My Previous Cycle Length - between 26 and 34
    Cycle Type - On a 2 month break before FET
    FF Link -
    Months of TTC - IVF/ICSI since Oct 2003, AC since Apr 05, trying since 2003.
    Medications - Elevit
    Important Dates - Waiting for FET in late June
    Extra Info - 39yo. 1st ICSI attempt Nov/Dec 2005 - BFN. Natural FET Feb 06 - BFN. 2nd ICSI Mar/Apr 2006 - BFN. 2 snowbabies left

Name - Keen
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 29
    Cycle Type - Natural for a while
    Months of TTC - 57
    Medications -
    Important Dates -
    Extra Information - Two ICSI snowbubs remaining.

Name: Leisa (firemansgirl)
    State: NSW
    My previous cycle length: 28
    Cycle Type: natural
    Months of TTC: 23
    Medications: folic acid, zinc, evening primrose, herbal formula
    Important Dates: 12th April appointment with Dr Morgan, 17th May removal of endo from L ovary and lower sigmoid colon (bowel resec)
    Extra information:

Name: MargOZ (Marg)
    State: VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length: 26 - 26 - 23 - 23 - 24 - 34
    Cycle Type: IVF
    Months of TTC: Commenced 2004 (2 x DI, 2 x IVF - all unsuccessful)
    Medications: Puregon, Clomid, Pregnyl
    Important Dates: Scan 17/5 & 26/5, OPU-ET end May 06
    Extra Info: Fibroids diagnosed & 7 removed Sep 04 with 2 remaining

Name: Shazld (Shazz)
    State: VIC
    My Previous Cycle Length: Anything it wanted
    Cycle Type: Natural FET
    Months of TTC: 4.5yrs #1
    Medications: 1000mg Metformin
    Important Dates: 26th May scan if all ok transfer 3 days later
    Extra Info: Crushed Tubes/PCOS, 3 Fresh Cycles, 3 HRT FET's, BFP in Nov 05, waters broke Feb o6 - My Angel

Name - SuziQ
    State - NSW
    My Previous Cycle Length - 28, 28, 28
    Cycle Type - ICSI with donor sperm
    Months of TTC - 15 years (with a 4 year break)
    Medications - Dubai, Greece & Turkey brochures and the occasional scotch
    Important Dates - April 07 - departure lounge Mascot airport
    Extra Info - 43 years old. 11 years TTC with Ex. 6 months flying solo

Name - *Tam*
    State - WA
    My previous cycle length -varies
    Cycle Type:-
    Months of TTC - 2 1/2yrs DD, 3 yrs #2, AC 1+ years
    Medications -
    Important Dates -
    Extra information - Endo, no right tube, 3m/c, 1EP.

__________________________________________________ ___________

May TWW/ETs/BTs

~Angel Baby's Mum~
    Last edited by BellyBelly; November 16th, 2014 at 08:37 AM.

Previous thread is HERE...

I'm first! I'm first!

hee hee

hi everyone. Hope everyone is going well.

Tam - that is a good result for you. I'd love to learn more about the PGD testing you are having done. If I go for another stim cycle we might consider it.

Daisy - that book the child within - how are you going with it and is it worth reading?

Sue - How is it being back at work? How's the foot and what number of sleeps are we up to now?

Keen - hope you are feeling better.

Ann - you seem to be even more of a super responder that either Keen or me! I had 41 follies last time on 100iu of puregon. Did you use Lucrin last time too - if not it will be interesting to see if there is a difference. Keep us posted.

Chele - hope the sniffing and jabbing are going well. Thank you for update. Have you got more synarel yet? I am accumulating half bottles at my place. Good luck for BT and U/S.

MargOz - how are you going? Hope AF arrives quickly.

Shez and Sushee - good to see you pop in.

It's hard being first, even though I was last to post in the previous one, I can't remember what to say now, lol

Talking

LOL - I confess I can cheat - I'm on a Mac and I have tabbed browsing, I can see the current thread and the old thread at the same time!

Hi everyone
    Tam, I don't know anything about PGD but you sound happy so that's the main thing. Do you mean this Wed/Thu? Um, that could be tomorrow. Hmmmm, time off work excuses... the ole hot water heater carked it (although that really did happen to me a few weeks ago), conjunctivitis, get dh to ring and say you have a shocker of a headache/the runs/dizziness etc etc.
    Keen, how are you, hope you've had some rest and that bug is leaving you alone.
    Kar/Daisy - The Child Within sounds interesting but probably not something I'd be brave enough to read - I think I'm pretty well in touch with mine (too much sometimes). I went to a naturopath once who was into that and every session I had to draw stick figure pictures of me and whoever I wanted and we had to have dialogue clouds and be talking. I used to end up a bit upset by that!
    Hi to everyone, hope you're all well. I have to say the story of the miners' survival really made me stop and say - never give up and never say die!! At the beginning they were all but given up for dead and then two weeks later they toddle on out like they'd just finished a normal shift. Something to keep in mind on those 'it's never gunna happen for me' days I think - Remember the Miners - a new motto for the LTAC gals
    I'm pretty st*ffed actually, limping about the place in steel caps is taking it's toll!! It is starting to feel better though.
    Ciao for now
    Sue
    104 sleeps 'til up up and a-w-a-a-a-y

Hi all.. bigpond was mucking up last night, so no time to get on board and check out where everyone is up too.... so I am a little lost and all at the moment, but how are you travelling Tam?? Suziq not long now... hugs to everyone else..

One week today until the big op... God blimey this has to be the last one surely??? I have the best team chopping me up next week. I have my usual and wonderful endo doctor as head surgeon, Michael Cooper, my IVF doctor and one day to be my obs, David Shelley-Jones and endo colorectal surgeon Matt Morgan.... so everyone one of these guys i have had a procedure with before and i feel very much at ease about the whole thing, well as best as anyone could pending the knife!!!

Hope everyone is doing fine...

Love Leis xx

ann Guest

Hi lovely ladies,

I need some help, and hope that some of you can offer some advise on whether I am being a bit too sensitive.

As you all remember I had a GF that was going to come over last night to give me a jab (DH on night shift). I had arranged this with her a week ago. She rang me yesterday at lunch time to confirm a time she was coming over. Last night she arrived 2 hrs late. Then she told me that as a nurse she couldn't give me the injection as if something went wrong it could ruin her career (she currently isn't working), she told me she couldn't even instruct me on how to give the injection.Mmmm

This is a GF(?), that we were given the responsibility of being her daughters legal gaurdians for 13 months while GF battled breast cancer. Her daughter lived with us all that time, we fed her clothed her, did everything that a good parent would do for a child (child is a wonderful girl).

I have never asked GF for any favours. I asked for one small one and she wouldn't do it.

Am I over reacting? even now after GF has over come her battle with BC, I am still being asked by her to do all sorts of things for her.

BTW, I braved it and jabbed myself (big woos that I am)

Thumbs down

This is ridiculous.... I too Ann am a nurse and helped my girlfriend to both teach her and give her, her first few injections whilst she was undergoing IVF. Never once did it cross my mind or even if it did would i of refused to assist her... Is this friend of yours mad....???? I am sorry but this just sounds crazy??? and two hours late!!! Even when i had my IVF one of my nursing girlfriends came around for the first two days just in case i piked it which i didn't and she would never of hesitated in giving me my injection.... Where is this girlfriend coming from.. Obviously she has been through alot and like you said you are asking for such a tiny favour considering what you have done for her...

Try your hardest again tonight to inject yourself... I know you will be fine and after the first few, it will be nothing for you to stick that needle in....

All the best Ann and I am sorry that your girlfriend has treated you like this...

Love Leis xx

Hi Ann
    Your GF sounds to me like she is making excuses to avoid doing this for some reason. What those reasons are seem very obscure especially under the circumstances where you have done so much for her. One positive sort of thought I had is that she might be (in a very strange manner) trying to do you a favour. If you can learn to do your own injections and get over that fear you will be doing yourself a good thing. I never ever thought I would be able to do it but I am so at ease with it now. I feel like I have more control. (Initially I had to do it because my DH turned sort of green at the idea on the very first morning despite stabbing the trial rubber thing when we were being taught really well).

On the other hand maybe she is one of those friends that always takes and doesn't give back much. I've had a few of those in my lifetime! Not any more though...

I don't think you are overreacting - it must be very confusing and upsetting to be let down like this.

ann Guest

I too am quickly realising that she is a BIG taker. I was gobsmacked when she turned up last night with her refusal to do it.

I'm a bit teary today, don't know if it's the Lucrin or PMS!

Just feeling $hitty today!

Sorry

Ann

Firstly - WOOHOO Ann on jabbing yourself, all on your own Sweetheart! I know that is a big one for you (yeah, you big woos )....

Secondly - OMG about your supposed GF! Sounds like she is totally using you. That is SO irresponsible of her to start, by being 2 hours late, plus on top of that to then make up that [email protected] about her not being able to do it because it woul ruin her career... blah blah blah. Its not like she is performing surgery on you for goodness sake. Absolutely you have every right to be upset - that is awful of her and that relationship seems to be all take and no give.

Heres to you being able to jab yourself again and again, getting easier each time (it really does actually). Hope you get a great result from this cycle, because you have done some of the stabbing... I wish I was closer to you, Id come around and do it for you...

Ann - sorry to hear about your GF, it does sound a bit strange. But here's to you injecting yourself - well done! I do them myself and once I've done the first one I'm usually okay! The first one I can sit there for more than a few minutes doing a count-down over and over til I finally do the jab! LOL!

Tam - the progress is sounding great - keeping everything crossed for you. xoxo

Leis - this HAS to be the last op for you - you've been so amazing to get through what you have. Hope next week is over nice and quickly for you. Take care.

Sue - I know what you mean about the miner's as I was thinking a similar thing. Hope you're back to 100% soon.

Chele - how are you doing?

I stopped the BCP last Fri and it's taken until today for AF to arrive. I have a phone appointment with the Clinic this afternoon to work out when they want to see me and what dates everything should be happening.

I can't believe how excited I am getting - it's actually really scary IYKWIM! I usually try not to get my hopes up because it's such a big fall when it doesn't work but for some reason I can't help but think positively at the moment which is weird considering the last two IVF attemps I had last year really didn't go great! Sometimes I think I really am going mad!!! LOL!

Hope everyone else is well.

Marg

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

ann,

I am gobsmacked by your friend. How ridiculous is her excuse? A little needle of FSH is going to ruin her non-existent career? WT?

Like Keen, if I were closer, I'd have done it for you in a min. I did a few of my own, though DH did the majority, but I suspect it was coz he liked sticking me with something sharp. Well done, you, for doing it on your own in the end!

Marg I think it's fab that you're excited! Hey every cycle is a chance! I say that all the time, but it's true!

love
    sushee

afternoon all you lovely ladies

Anne- well done on jabbing. I am so cranky with your GF. If she did not want to do it she should of just said so. Being on the IVF train can se so emotional as it is without having friends adding to that. I think that has probaly added to your emotions ths week. But at least you now know you can jab ( even if you dont want to) Focus on the strengh of that. As that is what is important right now.

Kar- I have been way to busy this last week to read. ( Or do anything actully) I am still only half way though the book. Would not sujest to buy it at all right now. But if you want you can certainly have my copy once I finish reading it.

Sush- Good to see you pop in. We have missed you too.

Tam- How is things going? When is ET? How exciting! babydust babydust

Keen - I hope you are resting up and looking after yourself.

Leis- When do you head down south? Will you be stopping a freinds on the way home again? What day next week do you go in?

SuziQ- Hope you are resting that foot as much as you can. Hard now you are back at work. I just hope you are not overdoing it.

Chele- how are you doing honey?

Marg- You are allowed to get excited. It is exciting knowing that once you start a cycle that your dreams have a great chance of being fullfilled. And to be honest I dont think that if you got your hopes up or not that the fall ( if that is to be the fate) is any easier. But dont think about that as I am sure you are going to get that BFP!!!!

And to anyone I have forgotten to mention I do hope you are all having a great day!

Ann - sorry to hear you are having $hitty day but it will be because you are bottoming out on the Lucrin. I've found that when my estrogen levels drop the following two things happen.

One is that the rose coloured glasses I usually wear come off and I start seeing things in people that I haven't seen before. It is often quite insightful. The stark truth about what a person is really like can be revealed! It's almost like the getting of wisdom.

The second is that I overreact to things and start feeling like people are picking on me or that I am some kind of bad luck magnet. The parking ticket machine/computer/kitchen appliance will be broken, I'll get overcharged for something, the service will be lousy or the shop assistant rude and incompetent, the thing I have made a special trip somewhere to buy will be sold out... and I will be absolutely convinced its all aimed personally and directly at me... need I go on... you get the picture.

So when something really does happen that would usually cause a reaction, it hurts.

You will feel less $hitty in a few days when you start stimming. Do you know when yet?

ETA: I've been wracking my brains all day to try and come up with an analogy for the fear of jabbing. The closest I can come up with is standing on the side of the pool and knowing that it is going to be really cold for that instant you hit the water. Once you're in it's fine.

Good afternoon to you all.

Ann, I agree with everyone else. That GF is not nice at all! And also maybe those rose coloured glasses are off & you are seeing the real her.
    I don't do syringe needles myself, I've told DH that I don't want to get used to them. I think that's also because the Pregnyls hurt.

Sue, I hope 104 days is enough for your foot to get better!

Leis, seems so close now for your op, do you have some good, enjoyable plans for the week leading up to it, perhaps spoil yourself, or does that come after....

Marg, hope the phone appointment goes well. And off you go........ yah for starting.

Hope everyone else is doing well. Supposed to be a quickie, I'm sooooo busy with work, and trapsing across the countryside.
    My PGD went well, my odds were good. out of the 6 embies, 2 were normal so I've had 1 put back this morning & 1 in the freezer.
    Of the abnormal ones, there was no consistency in the abnormalities so it doesn't mean a 'health problem' occuring IYKWIM.
    Interesting thing was that even though there were only 2 normal, 6 of them went to blast. So if I hadn't done the PGD, I would've been freezing abnormal embies, just waiting for the heartache later.
    So it's a couple of weeks til testing for me so it's taking 1 day at a time.
    Still lots for me to take in. I'm glad I did the testing, though maybe my credit card doesn't think so, lol

Take care

Tam- fantastic news on having 1 on board. Please take care of yourself and your precious cargo. Sticky vibes, sticky vibes

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast