Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term Assisted Conception ~ May 2006

Just wanted to look up about that new drug you are going to be taking Marg and I found this:
    Luveris is a hormone used to support Follicle Stimulating Hormone (FSH) therapy.
    Luveris is used with follitropin alfa (Gonal-F) to stimulate a follicle(egg) to develop and mature. The therapy used when a woman desires pregnancy and her ovaries can produce a follicle but hormonal stimulation is not sufficient to make the follicle mature.
    Luveris is approved for treating women seeking pregnancy who have very low levels of some of the hormones involved in the natural reproductive cycle. It is prescribed to patients needing hormone replacement or supplementation to produce eggs.
    Just is always good for us to all be aware of the new stuff out there - here's it does the trick for you Marg!

Thanks heaps for that Keen. I thought I might jump on the internet tonight and see what more info I can find. I'm hopeless at remembering all the correct terminology of things but at the same time I do like to find out us much info as I can - especially if it's something fairly new.

With the increase in my dose of puregon to 400 I hope there's more than 2 eggs this time around - and hopefully with the luveris any eggs I do get might be better quality as well. I can only hope!

Marg

Smile

You guys are funny No I don't think 16 is bad as in I wanted more. I wanted less and yes I know that sounds stupid but last stim I got 6 out of 17 as the quality wasn't too good so if I had less this time maybe the quality would have been better as FET's don't seem to have any effect on me. Anyway Thanks guys and shall check back later with the fertilisation rate. Had to laugh yesterday they said DH's sample washed up well.

I do understand what your saying Chele. The last full stim cycle I had 26 fertilised eggies, at day 3 there were still 19 going strong and ended up with only 5, 1 to transfer and 4 to freeze at blast stage - its staggering when the numbers drop like that, so I totally understand... Hoping like mad you get a fantastic bundle. Are they going to blast?

Hey Gals

Ended up with 7 Fertilised and Transfer will be @ 2:30pm on Monday with yes a blast. Not sure if others are grown now then frozen on Monday or they defrost them and grow them when do a frozen cycle shall have to ask on Monday hey. Out of 17 last time ended up with 6 and out of 16 this time ended up with 7.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Chele,

they'll cultivate all 7 in the hopes that as many as possible make it to blast, then they'll freeze them as blasts. This is better for your precious embryos as blasts thaw better!

Yay on getting 7 fertilised!

love
    sushee

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Good news Chele - Grow little embies grow ...
    I think they grow them all to blast in case they stop growing

Keen - where are you up to ?

Tam - how are you ?

Hello to all you other lovely ladies - I think of you all often and for successful cycles ... there must be afew BFP's in the wings with all the EPU's and upcoming transfers.

Hey Trish wats the latest with your boys. You must be getting Close now Hope all is going well might pop into Preg Forum to check up on you there.

Thanks for the welcome Girls!! You'ed think after 6 transfers that I would be use to the waiting around huh, but you never do!

Marg - Gotta love the ****eral, and all its lovely side effects. Good luck for this cycle.

Chele - Congrates on the 16 can uderstand how you feel though on my first cycle they retrived 19 eggs and only 5 fert, the next one was 29 eggs and 11 fert. Good luck with transfer.

Keen - Oh I so hear ya and the retail therapy, thank god we don't need a script for it!

Kar - This will be my 4th FET, just first natural one. We are transfering 2 embies that are at 3 days.

Shazz.
    xx
    Last edited by shazld; May 18th, 2006 at 06:29 PM.

Ah, now I understand Chele. It really is a numbers game isn't it?
    Hey Tam how are you and Keen, sorry to say it but I sense the retail therapy isn't really working girl. Chin up.
    Hi to all,
    Sue

Smile

Sue, you are just too damn intuitive! Its a good hiding mechanism anyway - and thats probably what Im doing right now...

Chele - yaye on the 7! Everything crossed for a wonderful result for you.. and a super fast 2ww

Chele - also wanted to say great news with 7! Will keep everything crossed for Monday.

Marg

Hello all you lovely ladies!

Chele- great news on the 7 . How are you feeling now?

Marg- Anthing is worth trying if it means dreams fulfilled, isnt it! I really hope that Luveris does the trick this time!

Keen- thank for the info. It certainly helps to be informed on this TTC train doesnt it. I have learnt so much being here with you all.

Hope eveeryone else is doing well. Many hugs to you all, and I hope you all have a great weekend.

Talking

Hee hee hee the retail therapy technique continued today and I purchased myself a pair of chocolate brown knee high boots! This therapy style might not be getting me a bubba but I sure am enjoying it!

Ah Keen, LOL. Before I logged on I had this response to you in my head:
    "Retail therapy is fine - just don't go buying clothes or shoes that you'll never wear and will only remind you of your sad time. Buy chocolate and naughty stuff instead."
    Now I see you've bought chocolate boots. That's definitely a good sign. Do whatever makes you feel good. Yes I'm intuitive but don't have much in the way of advice for fixing it!
    Hi to everyone else, hope you're all well.
    Cheers

Hi to everyone, yes I am still alive but have just been flat out, Haven't been on home computer to log in for days. I guess that's a good thing whilst being on TWW.

Now..... where to start
    Marg, bugger on the extra week of sniffs, and double dosing. The new drug sounds good though. I'm kinda on the same thoughts as the others that normally the higher numbers of follies can/usually mean immature ones, so it sounds like that drug may help.

Chele, my frosties are frozen as blasts, and best of luck with the next few days, hope the numbers stay high & transfer goes well with plenty to spare for later.

Ann, how's your cycle going?

Keen, I think we need a piccie of those boots, they sound good.

Sue, you take care of that foot, & if you have to use up your LSL, make sure you are enjoying it. Haven't seen your countdown for a while, how long to go, is it double digits now? Love those words too.

Kar, take care of yourself

Vicki, sometimes I don't realise how much I have learnt from being on BB. Everyone is soooo helpful & knowledgeable.

Shazz, big warm fuzzy welcome to you, I haven't done a natural FET but I thought it stange just taking tabs for HRT FET, hope it goes well, is your cycle just started

Sushee, Trish, always good to hear from you guys.

I think that's got it, apologies if not.
    I am doing well I guess for testing coming up, being busy with work seems to have kept my TWW quick & kinda non existant. I guess that's a positive.
    Hopefully I'll be back more to keep up again, missing my mates...

Take care

Hi girls
    Leis - you out of the land of nod yet - how did it all go?
    Tam, great to see you and yes, being distracted is the only cure for the 2ww - not long til beta?
    Some of you may have seen my separate thread looking for gyno info for my 28 year old niece (been trying for 2 years uh oh...). Thanks Vicki for your response.
    I have another question. I know there are a lot of pre-pg supplements out there: Elevit, Fefol, Blackmores PG Multi, Blackmores PG and BF Formula and Fabfoil (?) I may have some of those names wrong.
    Can any of you ladies share your experiences with any of these? I took Elevit for my last stim cycle and it gave me cramps and *TMI* the dark olive green poop did nothing for me either - must have been the iron.
    Anything else you can advise (apart from CM and temps - I've got a handle on that) to help would be appreciated. I'm so out of touch with the early days TTC stuff. Although it doesn't feel like early days for her, obviously. Doesn't help that her brother's wife has popped out two bubs in 2 years.
    Anyway, hope you're all well and taking good care of yourselves.
    Cheers
    Sue

I tell you one thing I am pleased about ladies - our numbers in here seem to be dwindling. Now Im hoping like mad it is because people are moving on (ie - pg), but I also think because many of us are not focusing on this TTC business anywhere near as much. Not that we aren't thinking of it - of course - but more seems that we have become a little less 'consumed' by it. And personally I think that is fantastic and hows us to all be strong, healthy-minded women! to us!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast