Thread: 3 day transfer versus blastocyst??

Question 3 day transfer versus blastocyst??

Am interested to hear people's views on this... what are the pros and cons of both - 3 day transfer and blastocyst transfer?

I noticed blastocyst is $500 more expensive - when (for whom) is it recommended?

Thanks

There's a thread around here that sushee usually digs up for people who ask this question.

My clinic will go to blast if there are more than three embryos on day three. And that's about all I know, I'm afraid.

http://bellybelly.com.au/forums/showthread.php?t=6629 is the link to that thread.

BW
    Last edited by butterfly_warrior; March 23rd, 2007 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Found link

Thanks!

Shell
    I just got a BFN from a 3 day...1- 4 cell and 1-two cell were transfered...Im wondering if I should go to blast next time! But my FS said she doesnt do amny of them, Id like to know why?

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I'm going to sticky the thread for now (thanks BW for finding it for me). Loads of LTers at the moment, and this question keeps coming up.

Oh no, Kim - so sorry to hear you got a BFN!

DS was a day 3. I believe there as good as eachother. Ive also had blastie ET and got BFP but ended up being ectopic. So ive been pg with both.

Good luck