Thread: Anyone had success with 4-celled embryo transferred on day 3

Default Anyone had success with 4-celled embryo transferred on day 3

Hi Ladies,

I am feeling down in the gutters. I had a 3 day transfer yesterday and my embryos are slow growing and there was only 2 eggs fertilised which had 4 cells only. I had both of them transferred.

I couldn't stop crying at the clinic, I just felt like a big baby, I just got very emotional and couldn't control my tears. I guess I was very disappointed with my body. Anyway I am over crying now. I don't feel positive at all this cycle, and was wondering if any of you lovely ladies have had success with a day 3 transfer with 4 celled embryos. I know that my chances are so slim and I think only a miracle from God can make this work.

Any information would be greatful.

xx

No success to share, am on my first cycle. I can identify with your disappointment. I had a 2 day transfer, and all I had was one grade 3, 4 cell and one grade 4, 2 cell. I guess I have read success stories of low grade embies, and failures of top grade ones so I have given up trying to second guess. I swing from hopeful to not from moment to moment. The crinone doesn't help the mood either. Doesn't feel hopeful, I know... but you just never do know. Wishing you all the best.
    Last edited by onthefly; January 27th, 2010 at 12:23 PM.

All my tranfers were 3 days

8 cell tranfer- BFN
    2 x 4 cells - BFP - with my twins who are now nearly 5 years old
    8 cell- BFN
    had a 8 cell tranfer - BFN
    16 cell- got a BFP but m/c at 12 weeks
    and just had a 6 cell last cycle and tipping its a BFN as well

so DON'T GIVE UP!!!
    Take care of yourself hon!
    odette
    Last edited by onthefly; January 27th, 2010 at 12:24 PM.

We had our EPU on a Monday with transfer on the wednesday, that's considered 3 days isn't it?
    We only put one back, 4 cell and got a BFP.

Goodluck Max!

Nic

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

max,

you know blastocyst culture is still a fairly new development in the world of ART. Before it came along, women only ever had day 2 or 3 transfers, and there are many, many, many IVF children out there to show for it.

I know it's been a disappointing cycle for you, but getting to transfer means hope. I know of many women who have had beautiful chidlren from grade 3 fragmented embryos. So odette's right, don't give up hope.

Max - I just wanted to wish you the best of luck!! We had a day 2 transfer, I'm not really sure how many cells or what grade the embryo was (I wasn't told and didn't ask because I didn't want to obsess about it) but he's just arrived and is perfect!!

All the best hun, you deserve a lucky break right about now!!

blizzy Guest

no advoce, just wanted to wish you all the best

All you ladies are just so beautiful. Thanks for your well wishes and kind thoughts. I wish I could give all you ladies a big hug...you guys are the best..

xx

Hi Max,

Having a day three transfer is giving you the gift of a chance that it can happen.

I had a day 3 transfer last month and had a BFP result. I did loose it at 6 weeks, but it did happen, I did fall pregnant.

Please dont count yourself out for this cycle.. you were blessed to be able to have some emby's to transfer, so remain positive and hope for the best.

if it is not successful, just like the rest of us, the IVF show goes on.

Good luck to you and fingers crossed that you will fall pregnant.

Cheers...Fi

It can work, I only had 2 eggs fertilize and both were 4 cells on day 2/3.
    My first cycle was a 2 day 4-cell and I got a BFN.
    The 2nd cycle we transferred the 2nd embie which had been frozen at 4 cells and was only 5-cells by the time it was transferred. I was certain it wouldn't work, but here I sit, 30 weeks along. Definitely keep the faith, these little embies are much stronger than we think. Good luck to you!!
    Last edited by onthefly; January 27th, 2010 at 12:24 PM.

Hi Max,

I'm in my first IVF cycle at the moment, and my clinic (in Melbourne) prefers to do day 2/3 transfers as much as possible. Their view is that the sooner an embryo is back inside where it belongs the better! And I think this is a good thing.
    The sooner our little embies are back inside us, the safer and better chance we give them, as that's where they're meant to be. Perhaps it's much harder to transfer earlier when you don't know what will happen next with an embie, and you can't monitor them to see if they pull through to the next stage, but with them being inside you now, you're probably giving them the best chance there is!

There is always, always hope until you get a BFN on a b/t

Hang in there, Max. You're little embies need you to be positive and strong for them! And all at BB are here too are positive for you, and will be here to support you through the TWW.

Miss C
    Last edited by onthefly; January 27th, 2010 at 12:25 PM.

Hi Max

Like Bokkie I got a BFN with a day 2 4 cell emby, and when we went in for the transfer of a frostie that had only gone to 5 cells I just had no hope at all. I thought that I was just going through the motions with my frozen embies so that I could start a fresh cycle again. And he is now sound asleep in his cot. So it can happen.

You will hear all sorts of stories about success with good and not-so-good embies, there is no rhyme or reason to it.

I know that on my bad days I would get into work and log on to the net and sit there wondering what I could google that would give me an answer. But there aren't really any, except for being good to yourself and your partner and not giving up hope. It is just so hard though sometimes.

Big hugs.

baby blessing Guest

Hi Max,

I'm wandering what was your outcome with your day 3, 4 cell transfer?