Thread: BB - IVF success rates

sophabulous Guest

Default BB - IVF success rates

My theory is... given how much we have chosen to educate ourselves through BB and learn so much about TTC, AC etc, I would imagine we must have a pretty good success rate with IVF around here (or at least, better than average)

If you've undergone IVF and subsequently gotten your long await BFP, how long did it take you (how many cycles)? Or, if you haven't got your BFP yet, how long have you been trying for?

Been TCC singe August 2001.
    2 MCs
    Then 9 months of Clomid with 1 MC in that time
    IVF started December 2004
    1 x Full IVF Stim - Cancelled due to OHSS
    1 x Full IVF Stim - unsuccessful (1 transferred; 19 eggs colected, 11 ICSI fertilised, 2 frozen)
    1 x FET - unsuccessful (2 transferred)
    1 x Full Stim IVF - unsuccessful (1 transferred; 28 eggs collected, 19 ICSI fetilised, 4 frozen)
    1 x FET - unsuccessful (2 transferred)

Still no success - but not giving up...2 snowbubbas remaining...

Hi gals,
    Ive heard of women who use accupuncture during ivf to help increase chances of conception and healthy pg..im not sure on the stats or anything. Could be worth looking into though

Best of luck Soph & to everyone else too,
    Lisa

TTC since 18th May 2001

5 attempts.
    1. ICSI- 1 emby- BFN
    2. ICSI- 2 emby-BFP- M/C at 13 weeks.
    3. FET- 2 emby- BFN
    4. ICSI- 2 Emby- BFP- M/C at 6.5 weeks
    5. ICSI- 2 emby- Chem Pg

Not giving up hope either!

skyelar Guest

TTC #1 18 months
    Finally successful, although told we had 5% chance of 'natural conception'

TTC #2 since December 2004
    8 x Clomid cycles
    1 x ICSI full stim cycle-successful (1 transferred)

The normal years of timed intercourse, IUI and clomid THEN onto IVF
    4th IVF = BFP = DD
    13th IVF = BFP = ectopic pg, lost a tube
    16th IVF = BFP = chemical pg
    3 month break from IVF = BFP with natural conceptions

skyelar Guest

Wow Sheree seeing it written like that just reinforces what a miracle this lil man is!
    Congrats again honey, 4 weeks this Saturday! CAN YOU BELIEVE IT!!!!!!

Thanks Skye, when we were told this Mon that bubs is 6lb already and healthy it was a big milestone.....really made the bubs more real......although I will believe it when they hand him to me........Not long for you either!

Toy Tester Guest

DW and I tried for 7 years TTC naturally.
    Clomid - No good
    2 goes at IUI - No good
    1 go at IVF and now have DS (15mths) and 10 in the freezer (embryo's that is)
    I think we were very lucky for it to work first go. Wish we had of done the IVF years ago.....

Mick

Toy Tester Guest

Quote Originally Posted by LisaL
    Hi gals,
    Ive heard of women who use accupuncture during ivf to help increase chances of conception and healthy pg..im not sure on the stats or anything. Could be worth looking into though

Best of luck Soph & to everyone else too,
    Lisa
    Friends of ours tried the accupuncture 2 weeks ago. They had 3 sessions.
    1st was a couple of days before IVF harvest for a general body relax.
    2nd was the morning of the harvest to relax the uterus.
    3rd was just after embryo transfer to increase the blood flow to the uterus.

Will let you know how it goes for them.

Mick

I went off the pill on my wedding day 9 1/2 years ago. TTC for about 2 years then went to a Gyno, was told to go away and lose weight ( Im a bigger girl) and thats what my problem was. So as well as TTC i was franticly trying to lose weight, tried for another couple of years, went to a new Gyno after she butchered me doing investigating surgery, she told me the same thing, just go away and lose weight. Tried for a couple more years (no real success with the weight thing either !!) and was finally referred to a REAL Dr who knew what she was talking about and diagnosed me with PCOS over the phone before i even got there. I tried clomid for about 6 months, then IUI 3 times and now i am 14 1/2 weeks pregnant on our first ICSI cycle. Like you Toy Tester i wish we had gone straight to the IVF years ago !!!!!!!!!!!! Even thought it has taken me all these years ( glad i started trying young !! Im 31 now) i feel sooooooo lucky that IVF has worked for us first go.

Goodluck to those who are trying ATM, believe me MIRACLES DO happen

Cheers
    Char

Hi there - BB certainly helped me stay sane during my IVF period!

TTC naturally: 4 yrs aprox
    Clomid: 18 months
    IVF ICSI: Pregnant on 1st cycle with MIVF Dr McBain

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

TTC naturally - timed intercourse, legs up, low caffeine you name it- went to 1 IVF appointment but said no @ 26!
    Unexplained infertility but had no investigations

August 1994 -27 - adopted DS and continued DTD for 10 years

March 2004 - 37 - natural conception ~Charlotte~ born still - unexplained fetal death in utero

38/39 - started IVF due to age constraints and unexplained infertility ? -found blocked/damaged tubes - tube clipped but continued cycling.

June/July 2005 - 1st Cycle - 2 Day 2 embies transferred BFN

August 2005 FET - 2 Day 2 embies transferred BFN

Oct/Nov 2005 - 2nd Cycle 2 Day 6 hatched blasts transferred ... BFP now our 8 week old twin sons (born 4.5 weeks early)

Sometimes I wish I hadn't said no to IVF all those years ago but maybe we wouldn't have our DS. or be where we are today. So many what if's ?

I have to say though I may not have ventured down the IVF path were it not for many wonderful friends I met on the internet here and elsewhere.They encouraged and supported me and I educated myself through sites like BB and the internet in general.

I agree support and education is a consideration but who knows the secret to the elusive BFP we all crave on our TTC journey.

TTC #2 for 13 months

started May 2004
    Endo blast October 2004
    Clomid Feb/March 2005
    IVF 1st cycle May/June 2005 - 1 embie transfered

Prayers answered and
    Liam Brock born February 2006

Did the IFV and fell pregnant the first time. I have a beautiful and healthy baby boy Callum he is 7 months and will find out if my Embryo that was transfered has taken on the 18th of this month...have one more embryo left (frozen).

Missy

We tried for about a year before we saw anyone in which he did some tests coming back with no reasons for not falling pregnant. Went on clomid and on our third month we fell pregnant which we found out later that we fell pregnant with twins. Unfortunately we lost our girls at 22 weeks due to an incompetent cervix.

Tried naturally and then back on the clomid with no success so decided to go on the IVF programe. We were lucky enough to fall pregnant 1st time and are now 10 weeks pregnant. We now have to take it easy.

We went with Jim Tsaltas at MIVF and are very grateful for our little miracle.

I hope there are many more graduates this year.

Linda

1x Tracking Cycle
    2x IUI Cylces
    First IVF Stim cycle (fresh) worked
    FET - Currently undergoing; will be interesting to see if it works first time.
    Feel very blessed so far