Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blocked fallopian tube

Maya Guest

Default Blocked fallopian tube

Hello everyone!

I just had my HSG (dye injection into my uterus) done this morning. Man! that was sure painful but I was instanly alright after the procedure.

Anyway, my right fallopian tube is totally blocked and even my left tube, it did not show until my Gyn injected the dye 3 times. Sigh. Unfortunately, I do not meet with him until another month and a half to discuss my options.

I am a little down now cos a month ago when I went for my u/s, they found cysts in both of my ovaries and today they otfound that at least one of my tubes is blocked. I am afraid to go for any more tests/procedures; afraid that there are more bad news waiting

Anyway, my question is what's my Gyn gonna tell me? Do I have to go for surgery to "unblock" it? Is there even hope for the blocked tube?

Second question: Has anyone tried "Natural" way to unblock the tubes?

Default blocked tubes

maya

So sorry to hear about you blocked tubes.

I am going for a lap next month as i have endo and two cysts on my left ovary. Did the gyno tell you what type of cysts they were?

I am not too sure of any natural options to unblock the tubes but you may have to have a lap to remove the cysts at which time i think they can unblock the tubes.

I will let you know any info as i hear it and it would be great if you could pass any new info on.

Take care

Racheal

Hi Maya,

I haven't heard of a natural way to unblock tubes but will be interested if anyone else has!

It sucks getting a diagnosis like you've had but I guess the best part is at least you know what the heck is going on and why things aren't working. Rectifying infertility is a step by step process and it sounds like your doctor and you are well on the way to getting some ideas for treatment now.

I'm not sure how surgery would go on a blocked tube or whether the gyn might recommend IVF or something to get around it. I'd really just be guessing. I hope you have the opportunity to chat with your doctor sooner rather than later so you can get some peace of mind.

Let us know how you get on.

Lynny Guest

Hi Maya

After I had my lap last month, the Gyn told me that both my tubes were blocked, she said she tried to push the dye through and it would not go anywhere. So she said that I'd need IVF for a pregnancy.

When I asked her if I would never be able to conceive naturally she did say that they never say never as those little can be sneaky buggers.

I haven't heard of any natural ways to unblock the tubes. I'm not sure if it depends on how they are blocked. In my case the adhesions and scarring from the endo has blocked mine.

Good luck with finding out. I'm looking into natural therapies to treat my endo, would like to know if you find anything about unblocking your tube.

Maya Guest

Thankx, Rachael, Melbo and Lyn for your response and support and for sharing your knowledge with me. I am feeling much better today.

I have been "googling" for a natural remedies for unblocking tubes. I found one called "clearpassage" (not sure if I can meantion the names here). It is more like a massage therapy; done only in the States. So, that's outta question for me.

I also found this forum where some gals were using this herbal remedy called "Felopio" but there has been no reported success stories about it.

I guess I have no choice but to wait until I get to see my Gyno and see what he suggests. Sigh. Good luck to you all

Hopeful28 Guest

Hello Maya,

I too was told that both of my tubes were blocked due to infection. The endocrine doctor was not too sensitive to my situation. I would e-mail her asking questions about what to do and she would say that she wants me to come in. I mentioned other treatments that seem to be in the works. I know that I am not a doctor, but I would like to think that if we could somehow loosen up our tubes with the combination of TCM and western medicine, than there is a chance over time that the tubes can become unblocked. Truthfully, when I did go to see her and her only option to me was IVF I was upset to say the least. I am now looking for another opinion, someone who can have an open mind to these things and not just rely on surgery as the only option. You might want to go to this other website called blocked-fallopian-tubes.com. I think that you will find some hopeful information there. I'm sorry, but western doctors make you feel as if there is not a chance in the world, but this one did tell me that miracles do happen and I am free to see someone else. That is exactly what I will do. If you want to speak than e-mail me. To be honest I really don't have anyone to talk to who understands what I am going through. I have a supportive spouse, but he is a man and there is only so much that he can understand with this.

jennnix Guest

Default I'm in the Blocked tube club, too...

I'm glad to find this forum!
    I have found some herbal remedies for tube blockage online, but I haven't tried any of them. They kind of creep me out. One was for herbal tampons that draw the toxins out of your tubes. None of them are FDA approved, so I am nervous about trying something like that.
    My HSG test was yesterday and I found out that my left fallopian tube is blocked. The right one is perfectly fine. I have been TTC for a year and I miscarried at 8 weeks in January. My OB-GYN thinks that the blocked tube may be excreting fluid that can hinder implantation and can cause miscarriage. He is suggesting removal of the blocked tube.
    On top of that, I have a luteal phase defect (not enough days between ovulation and implantaion) that we are going to have to try to correct through Clomid. I have one good tube and two good ovaries, so I am still hopeful, but it is a lot to take in. I can't think of any benefit of keeping the bad tube. Can you guys? I just wonder what the benefit of NOT having the surgery would be?
    Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Hopeful28 Guest

Hi Jennix, I read your response about the blocked tube. Believe it or not you are lucky, because you have one tube that is open. I know that you looked on the sites about the natural alternatives. I just want you to think about something for a second. The FDA sometimes approve of things that are not good for us anyway. They approve chemically induced meat and produce and yet we ingest them without a second thought. The FDA doesn't approve of herbs because it is not what they would recommend, but keep in mind that side effects and allergies are the rarest when it comes to herbs. If you are allergic to certain flowers than yes maybe you shouldn't use them. As a matter of fact there is a herb site that you can go to that gives you a full description of the herb and its medicinal effects as well as any known side effects. As for removing the tube, personally I am not for them removing the tubes, but that is my personal opinion. If it is affecting you having the baby than maybe you should go through with it. It is totally up to you. But IF there is a chance of unblocking and clearing that one as well that why not go for it. In their case you would be losing a tube. In another scenario you could possibly save it. It is all up to you.
    Last edited by Hopeful28; July 17th, 2008 at 12:29 AM. Reason: add more info

jennnix Guest

Default removal of tube

I think that the reason I am leaning towards removing it is because they do not "unblock" tubes here in any dr.'s offices that I have spoken with near Atlanta. They said that the success rate of a healthy birth after trying to open tubes is actually lower than if one bad tube is removed and we just go forward trying to conceive with the good one. The problem with mine is that it has fluid in it that could potentially be leaking into my uterus and making it hard to conceive and/or putting me at more of a risk for miscarriage or tears in my uterine wall if I do get pregnant with it still there. I had a miscarriage in January and it was the hardest thing I have ever been through. I don't think that I can go through that again knowing that there was something that I could have done to prevent it, you know?
    I'm not against the herbal remedies--I know that you are totally right--Eastern Medicine has been making progress for years and years without documentation of all of it so we sometimes blow it off in the Western World even though it probably works. I'm just scared of getting pregnant and my messed up tube causing another miscarriage. It's a big decision that I'm not sure about yet...
    Thanks for your advice, though!

hi, I hope I'm doing this right. I found out in may that both my tubes are completely blocked from an infection I had some time ago and cannot have anymore children naturally. I have been researching other alternatives it has been hard i actually got up the confidents to purchase some items from USA only to be told from Australian quarantine that due to some ingredients I am unable to recieve them so now I'm in the process of getting them sent back and hopefully getting a refund.so please becareful if buying anything overseas its hard I know Australia really doesn't hace any natural remedies well none that i have found yet. littlewonder

Hi ...I lost one tube due to a ruptured ectopic and the other one was 'not good'...but here I am 19 weeks pregnant ...naturally...after 10 years of fertility treatment! So hang in there...miracles do happen xxx

Red face

hi thanks I am trying to hang there I have a good friend that keeps me hoping, and i do have children so i am lucky i would've liked some more i will have to see what the future holds

i've got to have a hysterosalpingography done soon and i'm having trouble finding info on the procedures they perform to unblock fallopian tubes can anyone point me in the right direction

I had an HSG done in September 2008.

They inject some dye through your tubes and then x-ray to see where the dye goes.
    The doctor told me that it would be like a pap smear but it was nothing like that at all. They used much the same instruments to hold my cervix open but that was where the similarities ended.

I found the procedure to be painful and uncomfortable - mine was done without any anaesthetic. So make sure you find out what pain relief they are going to give you. It is the strangest sensation when they inject the dye as it fills up your uterus before it goes through the tubes.

One of my tubes was blocked and while they were there, they fed a little bendy wire through and unblocked it for me there and then. I got pethidine when they did that. I couldn't have had that without pain relief.

Good luck and I hope that was helpful. It might be useful to get information from other forums too as everyone has different experiences with them and this is just mine.

Hugs
    S X

I am not sure about procedures to unblock tubes. I just wanted to share with you though, that my story is similar to Ellie's, in that I lost my right tube after an ectopic pregnancy and was told my left tube was 'in bad shape' and yet, while waiting to start another IVF cycle, we just conceived naturally...with that one dodgy tube. And I ovulated on the right side, and the egg made it to the left tube. So there is hope.
    I wish you all the best

Hi Hopeful28 /ALL

I am also going through the same phase.

I had my kid soon after I got married but she passed away due to some abnormalities in the heart.We were sexually very inactive and didn't focus on kids until now.Last week I found out that both of my tubes are blocked.I am kind of depressed.I can't meet my doctor for another week to discuss more details.

Can you guys tell me if there are any success stories.
    Hopeful28 what happed to yours.Was the treatment successfull?

Please guys let me know

thanks

Red face

hi tanaya
    i'm really sorry to her about your situation at the moment i havent come across anything that helps or repairs blocked tubes in Australia apart from surgery or ivf which at this point i haven't looked into i am at the moment seeing a herbalists but nothing has changed my next option will be ivf sorry i havent been able to help you

Default Attention: Fellow friends w/ blocked tubes!

Hi, Everyone!

I joined this site to let others know that miracles can happen and to NEVER give up hope! There are things out there to help!

In May 2007, I had an ectoptic. After my husband and I tryed to conceive for a year I had a hysterosalpingram done only to be told that BOTH tubes were COMPLETELY blocked. In July 2008, one week after the hysterosalpingram, my left tube had to be removed due to infection...leaving me with only my blocked right tube.

We were devastated when we were told in vitro was our only option. Even a lap would not do. Where would get the money?! We put $5000 in our cafeteria and started to save for the rest.

Always willing to try new things... we ordered a Chinese herb online called Cinnamon and Poria. The Chinese have been using it for hundreds of years to unblock tubes among other things. I mean... It can't hurt, right? After 3 months of using it, we decided not to order more and dealt with the fact that we were stuck w/ in vitro.

WELL... In February 2009, out of the blue... We CONCEIVED! NATURALLY!!!!! I am now 12 weeks along and been taken out of high-risk category! Everything looks great!!!!

I'm not sure if the Cinnamon and Poria did it or if God worked a miracle.. or maybe a little bit of both. I just wanted to let all of you know about it. I urge all of you to try it! It's a natural herb so it won't harm you either way!

I know how hard infertility is to cope with. It by far has been one of the most difficult things in my life I have ever had to deal with. DON'T GIVE UP!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast