Thread: clomid

Default clomid

Hi everyone!

I am on my second cycle of clomid. I didn't O on the last try and I'm pretty sure I haven't this time either. Today I did the last OPK test (out of 5) and nothing. I have pretty much convinced myself the clomid isn't going to work and I'm nervous about the next step. We have been TTC since January and I haven't O'd once since then. I really thought I'd get PG straight away. I never imagined there would be complications. Apparently my U/S showed signs of POCS but nothing suggested that in my blood tests. I HATE having blood tests (I fainted once!). I'm in a negative mood, sorry! I have to have another blood test on CD21(monday) but I know what it will say - nothing nothing nothing.

I always lived by the philosophy that if things are meant to be, they will happen easily. Now I don't know. DH and I want our little one sooooo much and I feel like I'm failing him. Not that he's ever said or done anything to warrent that feeling, but babies are part of our "plan"!!

Why isn't it easy??!!! :-({|= bad day sorry everyone.

Big hugs to you LG. I'm so sorry to hear that you've been having a tough time lately. I am in my first cycle of clomid and I didn't actually O until CD21!! So don't give up hope yet. I have often wished that the whole having a baby thing was easier too. I seems so unfair sometimes doesn't it. Good luck for your blood test tomorrow. When will you get the results? :hugs: :hugs:

Awww LG :hugs:

I think bad days are a big part of long term TTC. I'm sure your DH doesn't feel lik you are failing him, but it's so hard not to think it yourself. Try not to beat yourself up so much, after all there's not much you can do at the moment is there.

I'm sure your little one is out there just waiting for the perfect time to be conceived, it took mine 2 years to decide s/he was ready!

Good luck with your blood test & you never know, like Angel you may just have delayed ovulation this month...

LG - It sucks doesnt it! And frustrating and painful. Give Clomid a go though - it took me a few cycles, and I started to O. I didnt fall pregnant while on it but I definately ovulated - which is always good. Try and keep your chin up. The guys here at BellyBelly are great. You'll find lots of support and plenty of shoulders to cry on if you need :hugs: . Plus, whenever you need to vent, feel free to scream at us :smt013 - its often easier with people who have an understanding of what your going through.

I have learned over the past few years that if you want something out of life - there is no meant to be - you simply have to get out there and get it. There's a good chance it will happen for you and I'll keep everything crossed for you to get a BFP this month, or at the very least a positive day 21 test [-o< .

KeenAs

Thanks guys! Sorry for being such a whinger yesterday! It did help just to get it out what I was feeling because no one really can understand who isn't going through it.

Angel, how did you know you O'd on CD21? I was just told to BD on CD14, 15 and 16 (today is CD16) and the blood test on CD21 would determine if i had O'd in those days.

KeenAs, how many cycles of clomid did it take for you to O? I thought that if it was going to work, at least something would show on the blood tests?

The blood test is on monday and then I have to leave a message for my GYNO on her answering service and she will ring me back the next day with results. I know what she'll say though - no re****, do the same thing again starting with provera. Provera sucks because i get a period and it's all fake!! I think that she said to try clomid for 3 months and then she wants to squirt something up me :? (???!!!) to see if my tubes are all ok. I have no idea what happens then!!

Hey LG,

Don't apologise for having a vent yesterday! We all need to get things off our chest sometimes.

I knew I O'd on CD21 because I had an ultrasound on CD13 and CD16 to check my follicle/s, and then I continued to chart my temps and check my cm, cp and I also used OPKs. So all of that was able to tell me when I O'd.

Sounds like what your gyno is referring to is a laparoscopy(?). I haven't had one of those but I think there are quite a few girls on BB who have. I think the use dye to see if your tubes are clear.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hi LG,

maybe your gyno is talking about a HSG? It's a procedure where they inject dye up your cervix and check the spread of the dye with an ultrasound. It's used mainly to check the state of your fallopian tubes.

Could that be it?

Love
    sushee

For me it took until the third cycle before I O'd. And then after that I O'd pretty much every month for the next 9 months, so there is hope yet. It seems like forever and the worst thing about all this - most of us agree - is the waiting & the lack of control you feel you have.

Does sound like a HSG your Gyno is talking about - I have had a laproscopy and I had to be knocked out and have keyhole surgery just below my undie line (dont know the name for that part!).

Just to give you a little hope, my brother and his wife tried for 13 months and fell pregnant and are now expecting their baby in February, so it does happen! And there are heaps of girls in here who waited and tried everything for years. Try and keep positive, because that's pretty much all you can have control over right now.

Hope your 21 comes back 'O'

KeenAs

Oh HSG #-o that's it LOL :-)