Thread: Clomid and ovulation kits?

Default Clomid and ovulation kits?

I had my first dose of clomid 50mg and metformin 850 mg this cycle and had a second line on the opk for 4 days then what I guess were ovulaiton pains on the 4th of Feb when I was supposed to ovulate according to Doc. My question is would clomid make the opk's continue to show a line 5 days later I am now on cycle day 20 and due for a progesterone test tommorow.
    I am so blaoted and have the worst sore boobs Ive ever had and continue to have pains is this the clomid still doing its thing. I took it from day 4 to 9.

Thanks

Oh I should say that I have been pregnant and had mc at 6 weeks last August. Doc put me on clomid becasue I have a time frame I have to fal in due to need for medication.

Hi India,
    I don't think clomid interfers with opks at all. I haven't ever had any success with opks myself, but then I may not have O'd on the cycles I used them. I never had a positive reading.
    But, did you know that OPKs can sometimes give a +ve result if you are pg? Have you done a HPT? With the symtoms you are describing I would be doing a HPT. Good luck

I actually got a +opk last time before a + hpt that told me I was pregnant. I guess I am just to chicken yet becasue of mc last time. Am tyring to make myself wait until af due but am sure will end up doing it on Monday. No matter what time of day I do opk it shows a line so fingers crossed its not just clomid playing around with it.

Ive now had 9 days of 2 lines on opk's am begining to think it really is just the drug :-(

Hi India,
    Clomid will give a false positive on an opk if done within 5 days of taking your last dose. Some opk's will show a second line all the time as LH is always detectable in our bodies. So unless the line is the same as or darker than the control line (or close) then we shouldn't take it as a positive. If you are getting 9 days of very dark lines then I would do a hpt. (I hope so much that it is a bfp.)

Not all women will ovulate on cd13-15 on clomid. I ovulate later on clomid than naturally so keep that in mind. What cd are you?

I am cycle day 24 and no the lines have never been as dark but then again when I was pregnant before the lines were never as dark either. I never got what I consider a true positive. I am not getting excited at all. I will call Doc tommorow to see if I ovulated then just wait for af before a preg test. I hate the anxiety it casues :-(
    Thanks so much for replying to muy posts I appreciate it.