Thread: Endometerosis, Adenomyosis, Ovary Failure and TTC

mysweetmango Guest

Cool Endometerosis, Adenomyosis, Ovary Failure and TTC

Well, I've been trying to conceive for 3 years now. After my first year I was diagnosed with Endometerosis and had surgery to remove it. I then tried 2 IVF cycles that failed. The doctor discovered that my ovaries aren't producing good eggs, only bad ones that won't produce children. Doctor said I can only conceive through Egg Doner IVF. So, I began to work extra hours to save up some money for the proceedure. Then last Tuesday I had my 2nd surgery to remove more Endometerosis, and 2 cysts, one on an ovary and the other on a fallopean tube. They found Adenomyosis and said I need a hysterectomy after I'm done bearing children. I have pain EVERY DAY like bad period cramps and I have been unable to have sex since June, 07. I have an ulcer so I cannot take anti-inflamatories to relieve the pain. Then the surgeon said I can still conceive children through Egg Doner IVF while having Adenomyosis, but wouldn't tell me any particulars on how because we were on the phone the day after the surgery. I have an appointment to discuss my options with him but its not for another 2 weeks and I cannot sleep a wink. I am wondering if anyone has any advice for me whatsoever?? What am I to do?? Is there hope for me at all?? I want a child so badly its killing me inside and the info on the web makes my head spin.

Any advice??

Susan

Hi Susan, welcome to Belly Belly.
    gee you have had a tough ride hun. it is so frustrating and you are facing some pretty big challenges there. It is good to hear you still have some options with regards to an egg donor. I am facing that possibility if my current embie on board doesn't want to stick. I am lucky to have a younger sister willing to donate if I want.

As well as BB, I am also a member of the Aussie Egg Donor online network which is much like BB but focusing on egg donor and embryo donor issues. I am happy to give you the details if you like. I find Belly Belly really good for the whole TTC/IVF situation and chatting to such wonderful others going through it, and I find AED really good too as I can ask questions of other ladies who have already faced similar issues to you and I that may not be faced on here so often. Anyway I just wanted you to know there are support networks for you with lots of good advice and lots of when you need it.

You sound like you have much determination to have a child, which is what it takes I reckon to go through IVF/ED etc and what you now need is some good support, clear information and a shoulder to cry on if you need too. You have come to a good place for that already!

xx

mysweetmango Guest

Sure I'd love to have any web sites that can help support me through this. I appreciate you responding to me. Thanks.

Susan

Try here and just fill out a registration. It may take a couple of days to hear back from them as they have been busy lately.

Good luck!