Thread: Estrogen & Progesterone levels in IVF

Default Estrogen & Progesterone levels in IVF

Just wondering if anyone has a table of what your estrogen & progesterone levels are supposed to be during IVF. ie- what is too high, what is too low, that type of thing?

I plan on getting the results of all BTs this cycle so I can get an idea of what my body is doing, and not just rely on the clinic to tell me what they think. Any help would be great

jules30 Guest

Hi Bec, i also wanted to find this out and a few days ago i did a google search. Didn't get much, this is probably the best thread where a doctor has responded to some questions.

Hope it helps a bit! Estrogen/Progesterone levels for IVF - sharedjourney.com

Thanks for that Jules, it was quite helpful

Hi Bec,

I think E2 is of the most concern due to risk of OHSS. With me, my clinic said that anything above 14000 is considered unsafe and at high risk. My second cycle my E2 reached 23,000 and was cancelled. Given I am polycistic, I have a tendency to produce lots of follies and therefore E2 tends to soar quite quickly towards the end of they cycle.
    Are you doing IVF this time around instead of IVM? I am not sure if you are doing long down reg or antagonist cycle? Ihave done both and this time around I am doing an Antagonist cycle and have been doing daily jabs of orgalutran along with the puregon. This has really helped at keeping my E2 levels at bay. To give you an example. Last day before trigger 1st cycle I was 9000, 2nd cycle 23,000 (and they cancelled), 3rd cycle 14500 and this cycle on the antagonist with orgalutran 2800 (Yes I am still in shock), levels actually grew steadilly instead of the huge spikes on previous cycle.
    I hope this helps somewhat. Goodluck with your upcoming cycle. You can always ask for daily BT so that your E2 can be monitored closely so that any adjustments to your FSH can be done if there seems to be a spike and concern for OHSS!
    Mon

Thanks for that information

I'm back to IVF this cycle and just want to be really careful after our first IVF cycle was cancelled last year. I'm also going to be using Orgalutran (BTW - how have you found the Orgalutran, no nasty side effects??)

I don't think I have many cycles left in me, physically or emotionally, so I'm trying to make sure that we get this one exactly right.

jules30 Guest

Hi Bec, I know what you mean about how many more cycles you can put yourself thru. I really admire the ladies on bellybelly that have been going the long road. I personally dont think i have the strength for it and i reckon each time would be harder and harder.

Im on my first cycle and we got 11 eggs, 9 fertilised and going to blastie transfer tomorrow! I started acupuncture about 3 weeks (3 sessions) before starting the synarel and once a week thru this cycle. The clinic has commented on how good the 9 embryos so i have a some confidence that at least 1 will get to blastie and hopefully some to freeze.

Have you thought about acupuncture. I didnt do it for very long beforehand but i think it could have had some benefits to my eggs. Also, my DF was taking Menevit for 3 months prior.

Im having acu. today and then tomorrow after my transfer. Will let you know how i go if u like.

Hi

I think my E2 was 16600, I had 26 eggs. Was a bit freaked out by it at the time. Took a while to recover.

Good luck

Hi Bec ... its a great thing you are using the Orgalutran ... I found that really helped with my E2 levels. No real side effects. I was really moody and a real biatch to my DH (poor thing copped it), but no different from previous protocol really. Ask for daily BTs to ease your mind!
    Wishing you all the best of luck with this cycle. I know how hard it is to just keep going with no positive result! We'll get there if we keep focussed! I believe in that! Some how you just find the strength to carry on!
    Jules good luck with your transfer tomorrow ... I'd been keen to hear how it goes for you. I did AP with my previous cycles, but decided not to this time around due to the expense. I do hear it does give good results. If anything I think it just helps to relax you!
    My DH is also on the Menevit. It's great that your 9 embies have grown so far! I hope they all make it to blasty. I am yet to have that luck. On both my previous I only ended up with 1 embie, which meant I have had to keep going back for full stim. I had 15 eggs retrieved today, so am hoping get a good fert rate and conversion to blasty. Time will only tell!
    GL Belle ... hope you get a BFP!
    Anyway enough about me!
    Mon

tryingtc Guest

Default cycle cancelled, over stimmed at 2000?

Well i can't really help here as I just had my first ever cycle completely canceled - no freeze-all option either. I was on Puregon 150 for four days, had my bt and they called worried about me because my estrogen was edging 2000 where it should have been 500-600 apparently. They told me to halve the dose to 75 and come in the next day for a scan and bt. The scan showed a lot of follies - i think 13 on the right and 10 on the left but none bigger than about 14mm. I felt really disheartened but hopeful a freeze-all would be possible. BTW - i felt totally fine - a bit of niggling/swelling in the ovaries and a mild headache but that's it - i was keeping up the fluids too.

So, i was totally dismayed when they told me a complete cancel had to be done as I would get sick otherwise. In other threads, i notice some people seem to go very high and have lots of follies and still have a freeze-all. Is it because I was so high so soon? I also wonder why they don't more closely monitor you on your first ever cycle - maybe a bt a day earlier they could have caught it in time. Waiting now til july/august and having to pay a cancellation fee for a cycle they canceled. Am now wondering if it just depends on the clinic/fs?