Thread: Feeling sick!! Ovidrel

Question Feeling sick!! Ovidrel

Hi Ladies,
    I feel sick:ms:
    I had my ovidrel injection(to induce ovualtaion on thursday). I was meant to dtd on thurs,fri and saturday. But we didnt last night cause i feel so unwell and my tummy is achey( a bit like a period). Still a little nauseated today and tummy still sore. i cant recall being like this last month this is my second stim cycle. Could it just be that all the hormones are working now and thats whats making me nauseas. Or am i more likely to be coming down with something? Yesterday definetley didnt help at work as i didnt get any breaks until 4pm and dint eat brekky or even get a chance to grab a drink. WHen i got home i ate and drank and drank and drank and then fell asleep. Do the hormones make you tired too?Talk about a learning curve? Clomid didnt do any of this-lol maybe cause it didnt work

bump +++++

Pollyanna,
    Are you triggering with ovidrel after clomid, as it will release the eggs from the follicles and give you a tender feeling as if more are produced they are all sent on there way. Was the dosage up'd?
    I have to have an ovidrel injection Tuesday but remembering from prev triggers it is tender but not so much sicky. Did you do the same cycle last time?
    So many questions...good luck hope you catch the eggy

Hi becg,
    No babe,
    I'm triggering after gonal-f. Had last gonal-f wednesday then ovidrel thursday then meant to dtd on thu,fr,sat.
    So you think the tummy tenderness is normal then? Well how the hell are you meant to enjoy dtd if it feels outchy(i imagine it will)... All this intervention is driving me crazy?

Pollyanna,
    I have been doing puregon similar to Gonal and have been very tired and nausated with very sore BB's.
    The trigger would make your ovaries feel very tender, there is no sign of OHSS is there? Bloating, breathing issues. Keep up the fluids sports drinks ect..hopefully it will be the last time you need to do it

I felt aweful after my trigger last week, the second night afterward I even threw up abit. I feel sore & bloated after a trigger too. I have felt like this before too so I don't think it is out of the ordinary how you are feeling.

Timed intercourse is hard because at that stage of a cycle I definately would not be feeling like dtd. We have done x 4 IUI and now our first IVF so Iuckily I haven't had too.

Good Luck and hopefully you feel a little better.

Girls thankyou so much,
    Well the nausea passed and we met the doctors standards for today......Lmao
    dtd,4 times. LMAO-Does that make up for yesterday?
    Nothing like catching up. I guess once the mood started it wasnt so uncomfortable after all.Hahahahahah.
    Still just the same So sick of being jabbed,with those damn needles. Goodluck BecG and Lil_Chookie and thanks for your advice.

wtg on the catch up pollyanna!!!

one thing to keep in mind - ovidrel/pregnyl trigger shots contain hormones that mimic early pregnancy - so it's VERY possible you felt unwell because of the drugs!

good luck on catching that eggie