Thread: First Egg Collection tomorrow!

Default First Egg Collection tomorrow!

Hi Everyone

I can't get over how different everybody is and how unpredictable this whole experience can be.

I have my first egg collection tomorrow at 1:30pm which means that I had my trigger this morning at 1:30am - wasn't really expecting a time like that but I get it.

Had BT and US on saturday - they were concerned I was overstimming (i was freaked - so many follicles). My follicles had roughly doubled in two days - they had already backed off the dose of puregon and had last injection on sunday. Had more tests yesterday, follicles seem to have stabilised (22 big ones) and gotten bigger not more which is a relief. They changed my trigger from Ovidrel to Pregnyl at less than a full dose. And now say that apart from taking it easy and drinking heaps of water I should be fine. Phew

So there will be no fresh transfer and everything will go in the freezer. Which now I don't mind, I am so bloated and uncomfortable, very tired and generally not myself. It will be good to have a break from the drugs for a couple of months.

So if you want to tell me what your collection was like .. go for it!!

Belle,
    I had a few pick ups and my largest numbers (40ish) were better than my 11 eggs. I think alot depends on whether they sedate your or general as that was the only part that made me feel groggy.
    Good luck I hope you post back with great results.
    Its nice when you have so many that you are not going to wake up with the number written on your hand lol well maybe that is just my FS and think great.
    Bec

Best wishes for tomorrow Belle !

My first egg pickup was about 10 days ago and wasn't a problem as far as the procedure goes, they put me to sleep and I didn't have any problem after-effects.

WOW great result with the follies, you must be pretty uncomfy though, probably good to take a break as you say.

My pickup I only had 2 mature follies (I had a poor response) and 1 egg pickup which fertilised () (with an arranged marriage) which is in the nursery now.

Hope you have heaps of "perfect matches" on your eggie's speed dating afternoon tomorrow !!

Sorry about the analogies but I like to romanticise hehe

Hi Deni and BecG

Ok, it's done. Yes very bloated and sensitive - it has even affected my walking lol.

I was given pain relief but wow that didn't really do much, it was a hugely painfull experience (I was awake during), my dear ovaries working overtime and i cried quite a bit afterwards. i can see why a general would be better (well in my case anyway).

They got 26 eggs which is good, hopefully i won't have to do this again or anytime soon. Although they did ring and suggested we needed ICSI - the little swimmers weren't swimming as well as they should have been.

Get fertility report in the morning. But apparently there is now a chance that there may be a fresh transfer .. who knows??

Starting to feel a bit pukey. My insides feel bashed, going to have some more painkillers and head to bed very soon.

Happy Happy Thoughts

PS, I've never really allowed myself to look at baby stuff, didn't want to do it until it was real. But I think I might go and buy a 000 jumpsuit to remind me why I am doing this. My hope item!

Sorry to hear it was painful ... isn't it weird how different clinics can be so different in what they do - my clinic does the sedation as standard practice so I'm completely asleep.
    Best of luck for some lovely embies and how exciting they might do a fresh transfer!
    All the best, might see you in the TWW soon!

Thanks Deni

They want me to start Crinone tomorrow in readiness but have BT's first to confirm transfer.

We are so excited - there were a few immature eggs but 18 fertilised!The nurse laughed because there are so many - I can't help but feel so lucky.

Anyway fingers crossed.