Thread: harder than expected and I expected hard

glenda Guest

Default harder than expected and I expected hard

Hi

I've been lurking on tons of sites and have finally decided to commit. Almost finished 2ww (IVF #2). HPT was BFN which is kindof expected but still lousy (are we allowed to swear?.... when it comes to IVF all I seem to want to do is swear). Quick sob story. Immigrated to Oz about 1 and a half years ago with hubby and his two children. Only support I had here was mother who got cancer 3 months after I arrived. She died a year later (very crappy). Anyway, so here I am in this new country, no friends (am not one of the most "likable" people), my brother's in the States (happy with his new baby), I have two close friends in SA (one of whom just fell pregnant...got married, went on honeymoon, get pregnant - how bloody marvellous!!!), with DH (only been together 3 years) who is not so desperate because he has his two kids who he loves to death (who I love too but I still desperately want my own), surrounded by children all the time and generally just feeling sorry for myself. Realise I am playing victim here but ****ed off with God at the moment, scared as all hell I'll never have kids (and what does one do then......) and really hoping there's somone out there who gets this....... (oh, and I don't really get the emoticon things....shall eventually I'm sure but still just focussing on mastering the abreviations!!!)

Hi Glenda, welcome to BB. Unfortunately I am not doing IVF, so cant really be of any help there, however there are many women here who are going thru the same as you, and who are very insightful. I am glad you have decided to commit to BB, as it is such a supportive forum, with a bunch of lovely ladies. All the best of luck with your TTC journey thru IVF, I hope the NY brings your much wanted BFP. SO sorry about the BFN. HUgs.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Glenda,

welcome to BB, mate. If you're looking for people to understand, you've come to the right place. I did a lot of cycles of IVF and FETs myself, and I know what it's like to be angry with the world, to not have famiy support and feel like I was surrounded by pg people (my sister fell pg 'accidentally' in the midst of my IVF journey). In fact, I am still angry with the world sometimes, even now. Please feel free to come chat with others going through what you're going through in the Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - Dec 2007 #3 discussion thread.

Hi and Welcome to BB.

I too have been on the IVF journey and know that it is hard. My Best wishes are with you.

Big hugs to you Glenda.

Welcome to BB. You will make friends very quickly here & will find all the support you need!

This journey can turn u into someone you would not normally be so we all totally understand ur frustration & anger.

Hope to see more of u! Good luck xx

glenda Guest

Thank you thank you thank you. Feeling a tad overwhelmed now....everyone so supportive.

Anyone going to start #3 in the New Year?

hi glenda, welcome to belly belly. come and share the journey with us Long termers if you want to in the thread that sushee has linked to above. there are a heap of use starting over in early 2008 so we can all share it with you. it is a tough time of year but i think 2008 is full of possibilities! xx

Aw Dusty...that's my girl...talkin pos again! Well done!

Glenda - As I said if u want support this is the place 2 get it hun! Sorry if we've overwhelmed u but we love newbies on the block!

Cya!

Hi Glenda,
    Welcome to BB. I dont post often, but find that when I do that this is a great space to get support, info and just feel just a bit 'normal' for a little while.

Good luck with your journey in 2008.