Thread: Hello - I'm back

Carissa Guest

Default Hello - I'm back

Hi everyone

I have returned and have just spent ages catching up on all of your posts.

Congratulations to all the girls with BPFs! It is certainly great to see.

Well, I had the surgery on 29 September and the results were unfortunately not fantastic.

I had more endo, scattered all through my uterus, pouch of douglas, bowel etc which has been lasered off.

Unfortunately the tubal cannulation was not a success. He was not able to get access to my left tube (at all) and my right tube was only accessible to 2cm. (He was hoping for 5cm each).

I saw him on 15/10 for my post op appt and he says we have about a 10% chance of conceiving in the next four months.

I'm to continue having the CD21 progesterone blood test done - this month without Clomid - to see if I ovulate. (Apparently sometimes people "rebound" after surgery and O on their own). If my progesterone level is low this month (or no O at all), then I'm allowed another three cycles of Clomid - but that will be it.

I have an appointment scheduled to see him in Feb (unless we get a BFP before then), at which time we will make the final decision (ie will we go back on BCP or have we changed our minds about IVF).

DH and I are still not keen on the IVF idea and if we don't fall in the next 4 months are going to pull the pin and accept our lot in life. We have just about everything else we want in life, including our health (if you exclude my "womens problems" and IBS) so we feel we should be grateful for what we have if that's what's meant to be.

I have learned that I can control most things in my life but nature will take care of her own...

We will survive without children of our own - we have so many friends whose children we love dearly (and, LOL, we can hand them back when they start screaming).

Anyways, I'm really glad to hear about the wonderful BFPs and I hope to see many more in the coming months. Who knows, maybe it will be me...

Take care everyone,
    Best wishes
    Carissa

Hi Carissa

Great to see you back, sorry to hear that your surgery wasn't successful. Lots of luck for the next 4 months and keep us posted on how you guys are doing.

Love

Debbie Lee Guest

Hey Carissa,
    Can I just say how much I admire your outlook and how you are handling everything that is going on? I think it is fantastic that you see that having a baby is not the be all and end all of your life. It really makes those of us that have only just started TTC without any major health problems put things in to perspective. For that very reason, I am going to try my darndest not to whinge when things don't happen as soon as I would like them.
    Well done and good luck!

Debbie

Ditto to what Debbie said. Your outlook is amazing!

Good Luck!

I agree with everyone else! But I also wanted to say that anything is possible. I know a girl who had one ectopic pregnancy (tube removed) and her second tube was blocked slightly as well. The Dr's told her that she would never concieve naturally etc etc well as it happened she DID! And another gf had both tubes removed due to two ectopic pregnancies *she also had endo* and she has a 3 yr old boy now. So I wish you all the best, and hope and pray that the Belly Belly babydust catches up with you Keep us posted...GOODLUCK!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Carissa,

I too am amazed at your positivity, strength and courage. You are an absolute inspiration and as Cailin said, anything is possible!

*HEAPSA BABY DUST FOR YOU*
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Carissa,

Was just wondering how you were getting on if you are still about? Would be great to hear from you, even if not in TTC terms
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.