Thread: Help!!! 40 ish follis at first scan

Default Help!!! 40 ish follis at first scan

I posted in the chat thread, but am asking here in the hope that as many as possible that can help, see it.

I had my first scan today, in the past, I have been a slow responder, for some reason I am not now. I have 20 ish follis on each side, the largest on each side measuring about 14-15mm.

Dr says I have a 50/50 chance of being cancelled I was on 250iu for 5 days, and am now doing 200iu for 2 days and rescanning Friday and hoping that only SOME have grown.

She said if some die off and I have 25-30 she will still do retrieval and freeze all. But, if they all grow, we're done. My DH is lovely and saying but we know you can produce them now, so next cycle should go well. Bless! I agree, but its hard not to feel a bit worried and am sure I will be sad if I am cancelled.

Anyone had any experience with anything like this? Apparently PCOS can mean changed responses one cycle to another... sigh.

hey kell, i posted in the LTTTC thread. sending you loads of positive vibes. i know this probably sounds lame, but try not to stress yourself too much. from a different perspective, it is encouraging you have so many follies available and ready for recruitment, it may be just getting a balance of the drugs right for you.

i do find it strange (in my limited knowledge) that they don't do blood tests for you too.

I hope that helps

dusty

Oh hun I really hope all will be ok. Im it will be.

Good luck

Taa. Am no overly hopeful, but will let you know. Cheers xx

Hi BB. I had around 32 follies before EPU. My sizes were around the same as yours, however, at the final scan I was told that (it was a Mon), that I would be ready for Fri or following Mon, however, because my bloods were so high, I could have gone into OHSS. They made me go in on the Wed and ended up with 25 eggs, only problem was that although 14 fertilised, the eggs were too immature and only 1 made it to transfer. They say the first round is trial and error, and if they cancel, at least they will know how to regulate your body better with the drugs. Just go with the flow, because it could be more dissapointing to go through with it and have eggs that arent mature as well (which was my case). But I know how you feel, hyou think I have come this far!! Hang in there and I hope things turn around, at the end of the day you only need 1 good one, and where there is a glimmer of hope, hang onto that! Each case is different. Make sure you ask heaps of questions though!
    Keep us posted
    Mon

baby bliss,

sending you lots of good luck...

I have only one ovary and during my previous fresh ivf cycle, i produced 15 follicles, that too from one ovary !!! all fertilised, 5 3-day embies were transfered in Sept 07, but BFN . 10 frosties r left and i am having FET in Dec 07.

will keep u in my prayers..
    good luck hun..

wannababy
    Last edited by wannababy; November 7th, 2007 at 09:06 PM.

Mon, that is of course, my other worry. The egg quality or lack thereof.

Kim thats the first bit of positive evidence, I'll take that, thank you!!

Thanks wannababy, all th best for your FET also.

See what tomorrow brings... thank you all for replying, the hormones almost have me in tears of gratitude!

Good luck hun!!!

Hi BB, how's eveything? I was cancelled twice that made me really upset......I only used 75iu and produced over 50 follis...I would be the most unlucky one... don't give up, you will do it well.

I dont have any advise for you but just wanted to say I hope all goes well! Crossing fingers for you!