Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help! E2 23000 - Potential Ohss

I know! I feel the same, the thought of having to continue with the synarel so doesnt appeal! You're right I suppose I will just have to deal with whatever outcome! Was reading that 'coasting' which is what they are doing with me - ie no GnRH (Gonal F) to reduce E2 levels, wont necessarily reduce risk of OHSS! So am just going to try and rest and stop stressing! But will be quizzing the clinic like mad tomorrow! I hope I do get to EPU! A bit of patience!
    Mon

Mon, it did seem to help me... And I only did it for a day. Despite my E2 levels getting higher and getting more eggs with the second cycle, I didn't get as sick as the first time. There's some debate as to whether that's because we knew better how to deal with it, because I went to hospital, or it was never going to be as bad. I'm convinced it won't stop you getting OHSS, but I'm sure that it can make it not as bad.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that your levels come down to a reasonable level and you do get to EPU.

As for the strokes and things - that's talking *severe* cases. That's why your clinic is being so careful, and why you won't transfer. I'm sure you'll be fine.

BW

Thanks BW ... its so easy to get ahead of yourself and think the worst! I suppose its not as doomsday as what I was feeling yesterday! I think once the shock subsides you think a bit clearer! I think I will be OK either way, but hoping I still make it to EPU.
    Hope you are having a nice relaxing Sunday! I dont feel so guilty slouching around when the weather is so crap!
    Mon

Thanks to everyone for their advice over the past few days! Went to clinic this morning and just found out that my E2 dropped from 20000 to under 2000. So my cycle unfortunately has been cancelled as my eggs will no longer be viable! I am really surprised that my levels could have dropped so fast! But it was probably meant to be this way! At least they know what protocol will be best for next time around!
    Thanks again everyone!
    Mon

Ouch! Sorry to hear that, Mon. At least you aren't going to wind up in hospital just before Christmas.

Better luck next time... and hopefully they've learned a heap about your response and can avoid this happening again.

BW

Really sorry to hear that Mon. It would be nice if IVF was more predictable at times wouldn't it?

It looks like you're going again in Feb08. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12