Thread: How Many FET's until success

waiting1 Guest

Default How Many FET's until success

I was just wanting to get an idea of those people who got pg on FET's and how many it took as I am starting to really lose hope here.
    So far Ive had a fresh transfer and 2 unmedicated FETs. From what I can tell most people get pg on the first and the second and I wonder if I am wasting my time and money working through the Frozen ones I have left? Not feeling very positive today.
    FS says because all frozen at 4 cells (2 day) that they all looked the same and he believes one or two of them will work - but is he just saying that?

I really can't believe I am heading back for fourth go in 4 months. In fact just realised i had BFN on 1st and 27th so that is 2 in one month - a bit hard to handle...

It must be so hard, I had no frozens from my stim so I don't kno, but would your FS consider putting 2 back, given you have done 2x1 embryo transfers now?

waiting1 Guest

Hi there - thanks for both responses !! No he wont - he keeps doing the one given 3 tries is apparently not many nad because we are MF prob not me ...... damn it... they wont put back two until you have a LOT of BFN's what do they mean by that !!!???? thanks for the support x

im just about to head into my 11th cycle consisting of four fresh stim cycles (only three tf, all with two embies) i have also had 5 FET and one canceled FET. i know it is hard to keep going, and i cant offer you any idea on when it is going to work and what number that will be for you hun.

I just wanted to let you know i know how it feel to feel this way and that will each high there seems to be an even lower low! its hard to say how we keep going but we find the inner strength to do it i guess

Have you though about taking a break for one month - i know i always jump at people who suggest this to me as this could be 'the month, the cycle' but it is also important to give yourself the rest you neeed to recover from this

Hoping you feel better soon

x

I have had pregnancys due to these cycles
    BFN - First Stim no embies at all
    BFP - 2nd Stim (preg lost at 16 weeks)
    BFN's -1-5 FET's All single trans
    BFP - 6 FET (lost at 20 weeks)
    BFN - Stim 3 1 trans
    BFN -FET x 3 all single trans
    BFN - Stim 3
    BFN No 2 - 5
    BFP - No 6 Miss DD now 3
    --------------------
    All single transfers so the odds of many others that are having 2 or more replaced would up the odds.
    I have changed now to full medicated FET's and when I did that got DD. I am currently on a cycle that is going to use Fets that are over 3 yrs old. Heres to hoping thou
    You will find it hard to find a clinic that will destroy a FET , if they think they are viable to store they are viable to transfer..(I looked into it as ours are all grade 3's that are in the freeze but then again DD was a grade 3)
    Good luck

I had success with a medicated FET. I was too nervous to trust my body to do the right thing and couldn't bring myself to do natural FET. when we started the FET's I felt like I was just going through the motions and that I just had to get through my few frozen embys before being allowed to do another stim cycle. Felt like a big waste of time, but turned out not to be.

Have you discussed doing a medicated FET with your FS? I guess if it is MF then he may say there is no reason to medicate you, but it might be worth asking.

Sorry you are feeling so down about all this. It is horrible when you start to lose hope. big hugs to you hun. Be gentle to yourself while you are feeling like this.

My medicated is so similar to a Stim
    Puregon day 3-8
    Then trigger transfer 24 hrs later, natural FET's were horrible I am a freak of nature and my cycles were often 30-60 days long imagine BT from day 12...till Day 40 and then abandoning it as it was too long.
    I agree with Summer have a talk to your FS, mine was so impressed with DD cycle we didnt even have to talk about it he just said..yep same as last time.

waiting1 Guest

Thanks all for feedack.
    They wont grow to blast. I dont think Ive had enough BFNs in ivf world yet.
    No point taking a month off because totally unmedicated so its just like trying to conceive naturally except I know there is a fertilised egg in there and Dr McBain doesnt think I need medicated because I ovulate same time every month and have exactly same luteal phase except for the chem preg with low hcg.
    He is the expert right? So why do I feel so worried?
    He just refuses to medicate me as everthing ok and high prgesterone, refuses to grow to blast or put more than one as he is insistent it will work.... HOW I ASK...

waiting1 Guest

Thanks all for feedack.
    No point taking a month off because totally unmedicated so its just like trying to conceive naturally except I know there is a fertilised egg in there and Dr McBain doesnt think I need medicated because I ovulate same time every month and have exactly same luteal phase except for the chem preg with low hcg.
    He just refuses to medicate me as everthing ok and high prgesterone, refuses to grow to blast or put more than one as he is insistent it will work.... HOW I ASK...

waiting1 Guest

Thanks all for feedack.