Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IVFer looking for cycle buds

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default IVFer looking for cycle buds

Hello,
    I'm so glad I finally found an Australian site!
    I've been TTC for 3 years and started IVF 2 months ago. I have already had one failed one cycle with 1 embie transferred. I had a FET two saturdays ago with two embies and am in the 2nd week of the 2WW, with my beta test on Thurs the 9th.
    I did a HPT this morning and it was neg. I'm hoping for a minor miracle for thurs. Anyone else going through this rollercoaster who's like to compare notes?

sushee

Hi Sushee,

I'm not doing IVF, but I just wanted to welcome you to BellyBelly. You are sure to find amazing support here.

I'm sorry to hear about the BFN. Hopefully it was too early. Wishing you loads of luck for your test on Thursday. Let us know how you go!

Thanks for the welcome, Angel. It's all a bit harrowing. I'm hoping it was too early too. Trying to keep positive.
    I am absolutely NOT going to do another HPT before thurs this time. Will let you know how it pans out..

sushee

Hi Sushee, welcome to BB!!

There are a few of us in here at the moment. Join in the update thread with Hayseed and myself (and I think Anney may be in there atm???)

All the best with your 2ww (killer!!) and throwing lots of baby dust your way inkdust:

My first babydust sprinkling! And thanks for inviting me into the other room. I thanked Hayseed instead in there! My memory is completely crap these days. I'm so sorry

sushee

Thats no problem Sushee! We all know what TTC does to our minds!!

Hang in there!!

Jo

Hey Sushee, welcome to BB

Although I'm not doing IVF, just wanted to tell you that I got a BFN a few days before my BFP, so hopefully the same will happen for you.

Sending you heaps of inkstick:

I've gotten more hope from this site than I could ever have imagined this morning when I felt totally useless from the -ve result.
    I'm so glad I found you guys. DH would have an a completely hysterical woman on his hands when he got home tonight if not for you.

sushee

dolphin22 Guest

Hi Sushee,

Yep im going through IVF too and it is an emotional roller coaster. My partner and i have been trying to concieve for 2 years, then we started IVF about 2 months ago. I have also had a failed cycle and should hopefully be trying again in october. Good Luck with this one and i really hope you get a positive result.
    Im trying my hardest to stay positive and am trying to tell myself it will happen.
    How did you get through it the first time?

Good luck

Cindy

with much difficulty, cindy. I never cried so much as when I found out I was -ve. Then I stopped my pessaries and got AF the next day, so managed to focus on the next cycle.

Love
    sushee
    XXX

Whilst not wanting to belittle the emotions and disappointments of the "natural" TTCers, as someone that has done both, I reckon that IVF is harder when there is a negative. I suppose that there is just so much more involved and invested by the time you get the BFN.

And, you can't just start straight away nect cycle either. Tere is just so much waiting......that's what gives me the pips. I'm a shocking waiter!!

Hayseed

Yes Hayseed,

I'm not good with waiting either. I've been a control freak all my life and suddenly I can't make things happen just from sheer will. IVF has been a very humbling expereince for me.

Love
    sushee

dolphin22 Guest

I totally agree with you Hayseed, IVF is alot harder emotionly cause you know they have implanted the sperm and you just have to wait, where as with the natural way you arent 100% sure if the sperm has made it or not.
    If that makes sense...lol.

Cindy

I agree with that as well, in our case we have to do the ICSI route. So we have actual embryos that are transferred. In an "ideal" world, they all really should turn into babas!

Jo

That's the hard part I think. Knowing that embies are really babies-in-waiting.
    I tried for 2 years naturally before seeing my doctor and I reckon IVF is so much harder. I feel pregnant from the minute I have my transfer. I know they're in there. Then to find out that they didn't make it...

sushee

That is exactly right.....

Jo

dolphin22 Guest

For me they just put the sperm in and let nature do its thing...i dont know if they will do exactly the same thing as the first time, but lets hope it happens this time round.

Cindy

I think that the fact that I got the BFN yesterday was the reason I got in my clinic's face today. They kept saying that I'd have to see my gyno again beofre I could start another cycle, that I would have to wait a month at least to get into the clinic again and I just would not take no for an answer.

I got my Dr on the phone and begged and pleaded and in the end, I got both him and the clinic to agree for me to start a new cycle straight away.

I guess this is what grief does for you. makes you more assertive.

love
    sushee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast