Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late Ovulation on Clomid

Hi Stillhoping,

Seems we are having the exact same problem - low progesterone (mine was 20.9) and a short LP, mine has been since lap surgery on my ovary in May (I also had a missed m/c in March but following this everything was fine until my lap).

I am on my first cycle of clomid and am on 25mg too. I'm pretty sure that this dose isn't going to do much for me either (just a gut feeling plus I have had NO side effects whatsoever, wouldn't even know I was taking it). The only thing I have noticed is that AF lasted 5/6 days this cycle (I took clomid cd3-7), the longest AF i've had since my surgery, they've generally only been 2 or 3 days :eek: . Am not putting too much weight in that though, probably just a fluke.

Your spotting may be caused by your low progesterone levels (if clomid hasn't worked to raise your levels this cycle). Since my surgery I have heavy spotting from about 7/10dpo till af 'formally' arrives (sooooooo annoying) and I've read this is a classic symptom of low prog. I am at least hoping the pre-AF spotting disappears for me this cycle.

I hope that if you didn't get a bfp this cycle, then at least clomid has done something to improve your cycle! Am interested in hearing what your dr has to say and what your prog. level was.

I am expecting to ovulate around cd14/15 (as i have the last few cycles) but I'm still using OPK's. I've never heard that they "don't work" on clomid??? I know that Deb (Flowerchild) used them on her clomid cycle and have heard of other gynaes recommending them to pinpoint ovulation (my gynae said it was up to me if i wanted to or not).

Good luck!!

Hi Willow2,

I also had a missed miscarriage in Feb at 10 weeks and it took 2.5 weeks to pass the sac using misoprostol. I am still wondering if I made the right decision going with miso. instead of a d&c and now that I am spotting more than before m/c I think I may have made the wrong decision. I ovulate fine but at about Cd17 and then spot on about Cd22 so I am on it because of the short LP and obviously low prog. Have you or anyone ever used progesterone cream to increase prog. I am trying to fine more out about it. It has been 19 months and I am wanting to try eveything possible. I was on herbs from a naturopath for 1 year and tried accupuncture for 3 months, so I feel I have tried all the natural options.

I pretty much feel that if i do have AF that Clomid has done absolutely nothing for me. I too would be happy if the pre-Af spotting stopped and I had a 'normal' length cycle. i also had no side effects on Clomid, but am a bit anxious about uping the does, but may just have to.

I'll let you know tomorrow if i get onto my doc as to my results and what he tellsme to do next cycle.

Goodluck to you too and everyone else out there hoping and dreaming!!!

Stillhoping,

I wouldn't beat yourself up about not having a d&c, I really doubt this would have made a difference. I did have one after my m/c as I was almost 12 weeks and it's what the gynae team at the hospital recommended. I also felt I would cope much better emotionally having a d&c rather than waiting to miscarry 'naturally'.

Although I know I had to have my surgery, I find myself sometimes wishing I hadn't because then I wouldn't be in this mess!! My surgery was supposed to fix me, not mess me up even more!

What makes you anxious about upping your dose? Is it the side effects? I think if that's what you decide, you'll be fine, most people start off on 50mg, that is the 'standard' dose so I think we'd just be catching up. I'm pretty sure this is what the next step will be for me.

I remember reading a post by Deb (flowerchild) in the thread 'Clomid for LPD' (just do a search if you want to find it) where I think she said that research had indicated progesterone only treatments are not very successful in correcting these sorts of problems?? She would be able to explain this much better than I, she knows her stuff

that AF doesn't rear her ugly head and that your prog. levels are great! Let us know how you go.

Bliss, interesting to see another 'aberration to the norm". I am not sure why he would have said opk's won't work on clomid. If you use opk's within 3 days of your last tab you can get a false result. However, if you got a positive opk on cd17 than I would bet my bottom dollar that you will ovulate on cd17,18ish.

It is possible that this has been some type of implantation bleed (on what cday was the spotting???). Otherwise I would think you will need a higher dose to get things going.
    Wishing you lots of luck and sticky happy conception vibes!!!!

Oops I didn't see that there were two pages!
    Yep I haven't seen much to support progesterone only to support the Luteal phase - have a flick through our little corner Clomid for Short Luteal Phase and join us all! There was some chat in there about it.
    I am sorry Willow I haven't been around - I have been debilitatingly exhausted. I have only been just getting it together for the basics! Nausea has been around since Sat and soooo tired. Wednesday is my U/s. Nervous and excited but workinghard to stay positive.
    I will ocme in and chat in oru corner tomorrow!
    Good luck Bliss and Still Hoping

Aussie_Chik Guest

Hi All

Stillhoping - We haven't decided to try Clomid as yet because the day we saw the FS was CD5 for me and we pretty much had to make a decision then and there - the thing is my FS actually was pushing for FSH injections so we left we a prescription for both and feeling a little confused. We wanted to do some more research on both methods to see which one we would start on. Plus, as my only problem at the moment seems to be poor ovulation resulting in a short Luteal phase, and I have previously conceived the FS felt that with time it might self correct. I am secretly hoping this might happen soon but we have decided to give it a few more cycles and start Clomid in Nov-Dec if it hasn't rectified itself.

Flowerchild - can you please provide the link for the short luteal phase corner - I didn't know it existed!!! Best of Luck for Wednesday.

It is in the TTCAML forum and there are 2 threads on Clomid for LPD. Hope that helps.

Hi Everyone,

Deb, no need to apologise at all, you need to get your rest, you've got precious cargo on board!! Can't wait to hear how you go on Wednesday, we'll all be thinking of you

OK, never done this before but will attempt to put the links in

Clomid for LPD thread #1 here: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=15384

Clomid for LPD thread #2 here: http://www.bellybelly.com.au/forums/...ad.php?t=19319

Just tested it and looks like it works!

Hi all,

Af here today - sigh!!! progesterone was 25 - doc said that was good, but I think it is still too low.He said spotting and AF so early is a mystery.....great!! Couldn't ask too many questions as I was at work and on my mobile..... He has upped the dose of Clomid to 50mg on Days 5-9, and we will see how that goes. I woud have been happy with a 28 day cycle this month, but I couldn't even get that. It is really starting to get me down my cycles - frustrating.

I got 8 on footy tipping though!!!!!! Came second.

12bliss Guest

Hi Aussie Chik,

First cycle for me i took it on CD3-7 not sure i tested yesterday (12DPO) BFN but i dont have any PMS symptoms yet (i did on and off for a week) so im so not sure about this cycle. I have decided not to test again until CD16 so we dont waste any more money on them little bits of plastic (they drive me nuts).

Aussie_Chik Guest

Best of Luck 12bliss! Hope you get a BFP soon!

kandis0317 Guest

Default late ov on clomid

hi. i just finished my 4th round of clomid.. 50mg for the first 2 months then 100mg for the remaining. last month i o'd at day 20 and this month at day 28. clomid on days 5-9.

opk's work fine with clomid just wait for at least two full days after last dose of clomid before returning to OPK.

good luck to all ttc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12