Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April 2007

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Default Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April 2007

Hi girls,

Here's to many BFPs this month! Remember, every new cycle is a chance at achieving your dream...

Your Moderating/Admin team for this forum are as follows
    Sarah_H - [email protected]
    Cailin - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]
    tiggy - [email protected]

If you have any issues/problems with this forum feel free to email any of the above moderators who will be happy to assist you. All emails will be treated confidentially.

Catch up on your old thread here

Hey im first...Hello lovely ladies. Well im starting my syrenal on the 17th and not looking forward to it. I hate the stuff....lol...but it will be all worth it in the end.

Quick question, has anyone done the IVF and picked how many egg they wanted collected. DH and I didnt last time and we got 11 eggs. We are thinking of a number now as we dont want to be left with lots of eggs if I fall pg first time again. But the down fall is if they dont fert. What do you ladies think??

well still no sign of my monthly. im on day 11 of synarel spray, so rung concept about 9am and nurse said to come straight in for blood test to see whats happening. i find out the results about 4 this arvo. so no hope of starting puregon today, hopefully it will be next friday!

hi sonya

i never had to actually get AF last cycle before starting on puregon - they figured it would start soon enough (started next day anyway) but i was able to start the puregon before it started - i'm only doing IUI though, so maybe it's a different protocol for IVF

Shannon – How disappointing that the FET was cancelled and that the clomid didn’t do much. Hopefully the next cycle will be heaps better with double the clomid dose .
    BW- Ooh, you’ve got some nice follie sizes there!! Hope that you do still get to have transfer, but if not, you should have lots of lovely embies to freeze! Yay!
    Nic- Goodluck for your appointment on Monday! Hope that all goes well.
    Missy - Hi there, goodluck with starting your next cycle. Re: choosing follicle numbers, I've never heard of this. I think that if it were me I'd get as many as I could (as I have!) due to the fact that a few probably wont fertilise, some wont make the grade etc and some may not survive the thawing process. The stim cycle is so expensive if you have to repeat too and it would be very disappointing and expensive to do a cycle, take only a couple of follies and not have them fertilise(Just my opinion though!). Goodluck in your decision
    Sonya- Hope you get to start the puregon soon and that AF shows up if needed!
    BG- Not sure where you're at atm, so might pop in and have a look at your journal.

Okay, I had the transfer today, YAY! Of 11 follies, 9 fertilised and only 5 were viable. 2 grade 2s, 2 grade 3's and one grade 4. We had one grade 2 (4 cell) transfered and will probably only have 3 snow bubs (apparently they may not freeze the grade 4). So now we just have to wait, and I'll be on the crinone too (FS said they wouldn't do injections cos of the number of follies).
    I was a bit annoyed as Dr. McBain didn't do the transfer since he was out at a conference. This threw me bit as I trusted Dr. McBain (due to falling pg last ICSI) and didn't know who the lady was that did the transfer. Anyway, I got home and looked up the lady and she's been around for ages and is the Director of MIVF so now feel much better. Things like that just throw you though!!
    So hopefully this embie is nice and sticky and YAY for our snowbubs!!!

Nic You are going to go to your GP. You know this is just the nerves setting you. I will be there with you in spirt when you go.
    Carrie Go the super extra sticky stickiest embie for you. Hope you plan to relax after the transfer

Getting slightly worried about things as ive been unwell and unwell just because of the metformin. Im so worried about how my body will cope having all these other hormones and drugs pumped into my body. It scares the hell out of me. I think im praying for one of the ultra natural miracles so i dont have to go through anything else. Although I know even eith the slight temp drop this morning its not happening. My ovaries are hurting/ aching. they have been for well over a week now. Im over it, and I think ive resigned myself to being a great big wimp and I dont care.

Carrie - hoping that this is a nice sticky embie for you!! i know what you mean about being thrown by changes you're not expecting, but sounds like you still got the pick of the bunch in fill-in's!!

Summer - you're not being a sook - i was like that with the metformin and was all but ready to throw in the towel - but we managed to get swapped to the extended release metformin, and so many of the nasties went away - hope you can remember to talk to your doc about changing - there's no point being miserable - it will make it so much harder for you to tolerate the other meds.

as for me - next BT is next Wednesday, and hopefully from there we move to the puregon injections. am feeling really run down. i have swollen lymph nodes in my underarms and bartholin glands - doc is tossing up whether it's an infection of a bartholins gland (ouchy in itself) or just a flare up of glandular fever because i'm run down. she's given me antibiotics (again) in the hope it will settle down, but isn't particularly confident (i finished antibiotics yesterday after being on them 15 days in the past three weeks, and this flared up while i was taking them) - have to go back in a couple of weeks to see if my lymph nodes and things are still enlarged - if so, i'm off to have an U/S to see what's goin on - yay - sounds like fun. NOT - would be lovely if things would settle down about now - i'm over it - time to focus entirely on TTC, not all this other BS - i just don't have the energy to concentrate on everything!

well, self serving whinge is over! time to go check the rest of the threads. hope everyone is geared up for a nice relaxing weekend

Carrie - very excited for you... good numbers! Sending a tonne of growing and sticky vibes!

Missy - we dont try and guess how many follies we will have, but we do hope like mad we dont get too many - no more than 30 this time please. have never had a stim cycle with less than 50, so far... hope you get the numbers you are after!

Summer- Sorry you're feeling yuck atm. You are definatley not a wimp! I hope your body settles down with the metformin soon and you start feeling a bit human again. for a natural cycle for you!
    BG- Make sure you have a nice relaxing weekend too!
    Keen- Hi there sweetie, thanks for the good vibes! Are you saying that you've had >50 follies at each stim cycle??? How are things going now, where are you at?? PM me if you like.

Ok, Miss Summer, back to the doctor for you! Go beg for XR metformin and you will feel a whole heap better. Also, if it's any comfort at all to you, I find that the only thing that beats metformin for hideous side effects is the synarel, and that's because I tend to have sinus issues anyway. Lucrin just gave me the odd headache, and I've honestly felt no different on the puregon to normal... Well, apart from the two enormous, swollen, painful masses in my abdomen!

BG, left a message for you in your journal, but will send you another now. I think you could use them.

Carrie, I hope that embie that was transferred is super-sticky!

I'm doing pretty ok here. I've officially finished up work for the term. It's the most surreal feeling - I'm fine now, but I know I'll be sick later. So very, very weird. DH took me out for dinner after the acupuncture appointment, for the first time ever I don't feel much better afterwards. She's drained my sinuses and did the usual, but I think I'm just in so much pain, and so run down and tired from having so many trips in to the clinic this week - it's an hour there and back, plus the stress of waiting to hear how my results are...

EPU will be at some stage on Monday. I'll get further instructions tomorrow, but so far all I know is that they'll be using a low dose for my trigger shot, and when you consider my estrogen levels(I forgot to ask today, but I passed the danger limit yesterday, so I think it's a moot point now), the number of follies (I've been a little scared to ask in case the number freaks out DH, and I know they won't all have eggs), the amount of pain I'm in and the fact that I have PCOS... it's looking like OHSS is a dead certainty, and transfer is just going to be too dangerous to contemplate. So collection is a go, transfer is a bust. I think I'm ok with it - I'm still further along than I've ever been before. I'm expecting no crinone, no luteal phase support at all, and to spend some time on the pill after I get AF. It's slightly disappointing, but to have gone from expecting the cycle to be cancelled to be going ahead with collection is such a relief that I'm not too bothered - it's just not worth the risk! Anyway, it's just lucrin for me tonight, no puregon at all. I should get that sorted out ASAP and go get some sleep - I know I'm making no sense at all here!

BW

BW - i'm so glad you've managed to find the positive in all of this! it's great that you're seeing what you have achieved and not what you've missed. plus you're aware in advance that OHSS i going to be an issue, so you can be proactive in treating it now!

have a good rest tonight hun - and take it easy this weekend - you got a big day on Monday!!! at least you have holidays now hun, so a lot less stress for you ATM

BG, you're going to make me lose my reputation as a dreadful pesimist if you keep saying things like that!

As much as I want to start resting tomorrow, it's the last day I've got where I can guarantee being well, so I've got to organise work for my classes and try to complete marking a test... I ended up with just way too much to do today, and it just didn't all get done. My colleagues have been great, though. They are all picking up an enormous amount of slack that I'm leaving with no grumbles or complaints. Probably because the one who would have grumbled wasn't in today. It works out to be only two days of classes, with year 12 still out finishing exams, so the amount of work I have to prepare isn't that bad.

I do have all sorts of weird thoughts running through my head at the moment, though... I've got no idea what sort of clothing to wear to the day hospital on Monday, and for some reason that thought bugs me!

BW

PMSL BW..what to wear...hun you will be in one of those little open backed numbers with the ever so sexy paper booties and hat...an absolute stunner I can assure you!!!

Seriously wear trackies if you can...you will want as loose a waistband as possible after wards espesh as the anaesthetics wear off. And keep up those fluids and rest for the OHSS..we want to see you recover nice and quick so you can put one back in next cycle.

Summer definitely beg for the extended release metformin it is soooo much nicer to your tum tum...

BG you make sure you have a really quiet pampering weekend and keep up the vitamin c and zinc as well to help fight off those germs.

Carrie I am sending some of the strongest superglue vibes I cam muster for that precious little embie.

HUGEST Congrats to Sammi J and Twomums...gees I have been MIA for too long....so much has happened I cxan't keep up.

We went in today for a day 12 scan to see how my lining was going. The original plan was to aim for a FET on Weds next week but after checking things out they have decided to do our transfer on Monday now cos my lining is looking so good. So I have to start the icky gooey progesterone pessaries today......400mgs twice a day...thanks goodness for pantyliners!!!

Carrie I reckon we probably saw each other today...we were there from abut 9am till about 12:30 with one thing and another. Did you get the traffic going in this morning.....we got caught on the Monash freeway, a lady had fallen from the Burnley overpass onto the freeway at about 7am so they closed it right back to Warrigal Road and were diverting traffic. It took us over 2 hours to get to East Melbourne...normally it is a 50 minute trip...soooo not happy about that. We also had a lady today as Lyndon was at the same conference.....Rachel Knight did our scan.
    It almost seems surreal..it doesn't seem that long ago we had our transfer now we are having another put in...please please please let this one be the stayer!!!!!

BW- Goodluck in getting your work done tomorrow and for the trigger injection, hope you don't get sick.
    Just wear trackies and a top to the hospital, you want to be comfy, especially if your tummy is a bit sore after.

Mel- How exciting that you have transfer on Monday!!! Another to join in on the tww with Me, Smudge and BW (next week). I didn't have any traffic probs as I came in on the eastern, but DH did trying to get there when he was already working in the city.
    Ohhhh...wonder if we crossed paths!! I was in waiting room 10 from 12.15 to about 12.40...what about you??
    Last edited by Carrie; March 30th, 2007 at 11:23 PM. Reason: Adding Mel

Yes, I get hung up and stressed over the most peculiar things!

I've got this weird thought in my head that I should be upset about not getting to transfer, but I'm just not. In some ways it's a huge relief - after all the stress and difficulty in getting to this point, it's a pretty huge relief to then not have to go through the obsession of wondering if it has stuck or not. And the FET protocols don't appear to use crinone at all, so it looks like I get to escape that particular joy! I'm not entirely sure, but my acpuncturist believes that I won't have luteal phase support if they aren't transferring, they'll just leave me to get the levels down ASAP.

I will be praying real hard for successful, stress-free and FAST TWWs for Carrie, Smudge and Mel (and any others I'm not aware of just now), though. Mel, I can't believe you've come around the transfer again so quickly!

BW

Cool

Carrie - Yay for the transfer, how are you feeling? I still felt pretty blah from the OPU but coming good now..crinone and all. Which lady did your transfer? I had Cattrel I think. After my OPU, Dr McSteamy, sorry my hands just keep slipping, Dr 'McBain' advised me that one of his collegues would be doing the transfer because of the conference. Once I got chatting with the ladies waiting for the transfer they never imagined that they would have the same Dr as OPU like I did. Sorry chook I would have mentioned to you that he was awol had I known you were expecting him. That same Dr did all of ours waiting. Maybe because I was at the RWH? Sounds as though you got more info from that Dr than I did from mine because I still don't know what grade / cell they transferred!

Mel - great that you will be having your transfer earlier to join in with us!! I haven't even been anxious yet about the 2ww, caught up in no more needles and stress , just feels nice to be kind of normal again! That is until next week!

Sunny Summer - hope you sart to feel better soon!

Hi Keen - Good luck for a perfect result.

BG - I hope you get moving soon, the waiting can be the worst.

BW - You won't have your clothes on long, but at least you can wear your socks under the lovely booties so pick your favourites!! Just before I got onto the table they took the robe off me and I immediately tried to cover my bum and they were undoing the tie at the back and the theatre doors were still open!! Not happy! There was about 4 people going for their morning tea and I was horrified lol some privacy pleeeaaasseeee Good luck

In the 2ww are we supposed to not have ham etc and all those pg things? Any ideas about coffee?

Off to the swimming tonight so that should be fun, probably go out for dinner first. Have a good weekend everyone

Hi to anyone else I have missed!

BW- I'm glad that you're feeling okay about the transfer. Hopefully the time in between will let your body get back to normal and your stress levels decrease! - has the FS actually said that you wont be doing transfer or is it just something you're expecting? anyway, you're doing such a great job!!

Smudge: Glad you're starting to feel better after the OPU. I am too, although I had really bad sleep the night after the OPU and after the transfer - a bit of anxiety I suppose. I'm not really feeling nauseous anymore either, so perhaps that was also anxiety about everything.
    Dr. McSteamy (hehe) must have just forgotten to tell me. I had Penelope Foster, his wife (according to the nurses). I always find that it feel quite rushed whenever you have appointments with the FS and half the time it feels like I can't get a word in edgeways! The only reason I found out the grades was because I asked.
    With the listeria stuff, I'm pretty sure that you start watching that from now, although it's probably more for once the embryo has implanted and is getting things from your body. I don't think you are supposed to drink coffee whilst pregnant, but decaf is okay.
    LOL with your poor nudie bum!!
    Hope you have a great night tonight!

Okay - so who else (although in your head you know it can't happen) worries that the embie will somehow fall out? I think my pelvic floor muscles got a good work out yesterday trying to hold it in

heheheh Carrie - that's so cute!! i figure it's probably all psycholgical, but if it helps your little embie to take hold, i say give anything a go!!!

BW - hun, you're reputation will be intact, i promise!! we won't let anyone other than the BB girls know that you actually have the ability to be optimistic!!! i know you on'y have one day that you can guarantee you'll be feeling, but don't push it hun - you want to be at your best. you can get everything done while still taking it easy, i'm sure. do't go overdoin it, or i'll have to come to sydney and make sure you behave!!

For those of you in the TWW (sorry, i'm losing track at the moment) - good luck! i'm hoping for sticky little embies for all of you. and mel, good luck with the transfer next week

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast