... 41213141516 ...

thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April/May 2009

Dec 2007
    Queensland

Sandygirl - You poor thing to have to go through that its soo sad!! I hope your IVF journey is very short and sweet with such a fantastic happy ending!!! Yeah I don't think anybody knew where I went I just cut myself off and disappeared and tried to forget it all happened!! Don't stress about the OHSS just eat alot of high protein foods and drink plenty of water ( I am not a fan of water at all and I think that if I had of drunk heaps of water it wouldn't have been as severe as it was)

Oct 2008
    Sydney

Good afternoon ladies,

I have not visited for a while. After my last failed cycle both DH and I needed a break. We both feel rejuvinated and ready to go again! I went to FS today and they said I should ovulate around the 15th or 16th. I have 6 x 3 day old frosties left and will hopefully transfer around the 19th.

My biggest issue is my work. I average 10-11 hours a day and have a high pressure position. DH made me promise to stop with the over time and come home rather than staying back all the time. It's easier said than done in my role as a functions and events coordinator. I work on my own and my assistant recently resigned so my work load with get bigger rather than smaller! At the end of the day I know being a parent is more important to me than my job but it's not going to be easy!!!

To all of you ladies out there, I hope to get acquainted with you all again very soon and share your highs and lows with you. All the best with where you are all at.

Oh and Happy Mothers Day to all the mothers out there.

Jen

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

Spring you have the job I am desperate for! Good luck to you!

I came on here looking for answers to what progesterone levels should be at CD21? Whether mine will be high enough (my dr is a little clueless and havent foind a new one yet) and whether they may indicate (verrrry wishful thinking here) pregnancy.

I tired googling it but they were kinda vague responses due to different measurements in different countries..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Eliza

Nov 2008
    Perth, WA

I'm back on the train! well almost anyway. Commenced IVF (after three failed IUI's) with Synarel on Friday and hopefully AF will arrive this week sometimes. I've had a couple of funny days......a girlfriend had her baby (she's divine) which makes me the last out of a close group of friends to have a bambino and of course mother's day! Didn't think I would get upset by that but I did.....a little!

Good Luck to all!

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

Hi all, so many new faces. you go Awol for a couple of weeks and everything changes.

B2B I completely understand were you are coming from 3 friends have just told me they are pregnant including my brother and another friend just had her second girl. i keep reminding myself that fate has a hand in everything and my time will come when I am ready for it.

Miss K - I am interested in asking you questions about your ovarian drilling. It was suggested for me to help control my PCOS as I am not allowed to take synthetic hormones (go figure for the hormone treatment for infertility), but they said not to have it until I had finished having children.

Well AFM 3 more days on the pill, wait for AF which should arrive on Sunday and then off we go for IUI #3. Have a review appointment on the 18th of June with FS after I didn't repond to my last cycle.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Dec 2007
    Queensland

Ask Away Saph! Happy to answer any questions you have

Sep 2008

Spring you have the job I am desperate for! Good luck to you!

I came on here looking for answers to what progesterone levels should be at CD21? Whether mine will be high enough (my dr is a little clueless and havent foind a new one yet) and whether they may indicate (verrrry wishful thinking here) pregnancy.

I tired googling it but they were kinda vague responses due to different measurements in different countries..

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Eliza
    Eliza hun

Day 21 Prog Test, lets you know if you have ovulated, and possibly how may eggs you may have released. Dont rely on them to know if you are pregnant or not. As for your GP, I cannot believe he is clueless. What state are you in ? We may be able to steer you towards a good gp/fs

BellyBelly Member

Feb 2008
    Perth

Thanks Miss K

Well i guess the questions are what is it? Why did they do it and what is the intended result?

Why was it recomended over other non surgical treatments?

I see you had 6 clomid cycles and only one FSH, did they not try any other FSH cycles.

I had one clomid cycle and 5 FSH ones. All bar my last FSH I ovulated, all BFN. I am interested in why we have not had any signs of a pregnancy. As you can see we have DS, he was natural conception.

Sorry for the bomb bardment of questions just interested to find out more.

Jan 2008
    Sunny Paradise

Hi there Sandygirl, Saph204, Miss K, Wouldluvabubba, Coco1411, Spring etc etc.

For those of you returning in here you are well supported as always and lovely to have you back. Same goes for the new ones.

I believe there is always HOPE. As long as we have hope there is a chance.

AFM - Can you believe that my sister gave birth to her 2nd child on Mother's Day this past weekend. Gosh it became quite an emotional day for me. Now both of my sister's have 2 children each and I have none. There were so many family phone calls doing the rounds on mother's day talking about the new bubba with much excitement (of course). And at times I would get dead silence on the phone as people suddenly remembered my plight. It was just horrible actually. I'm so happy for my sister, but so sad for myself. I just want to be a mum. When will it be my turn?

Wishing you all a great week. And GL to those who are going through a cycle

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

Wouldluvabubba: I am in Newcastle NSW. I have an appointment with Denise Nesbitt in June, she is a Gyno, but I don't know of any other places ppl to talk to. My Dr is the best GP but soooo not when it comes to TTC and Preg. When I was preg and I was having bloods done every few days the levels were not doubling at all..they were rising yeah but not as much as was considered normal..

he was saying "well as long as those levels keep going up it means everything is still going well" and I was spotting and I went to hospital to have an ultrasound at which i saw a heart beat but im certain it was that night that my angel passed.. Ive dealt with all of that now, but i feel Im not getting the attention medically That i really want. I dont want to know more than the doctor you know?

We have been trying all up since Oct 2007 but I went back into 6month+ after the m/c I didnt want to get into the TTC12+ thread..but I think quite a few of us in that tread will be joining you very soon!

Dec 2007
    Queensland

Saph - Ok so the drilling was done due to an old school theory that people with PCOS have a hard shell like casing over the top of the ovary which stops eggs from being able to be realeased they found this out back in the day when trying to remove cysts by cutting them out then all of a sudden most of the people who had the surgery were falling pregnant as the testosterone levels dropped dramatically.. So with this surgery being done they say you may ovulate on your own with no drugs or if it doesn't work clomid may have a chance this time if failed last time! Though the procedure may work for 1 month to 6 months there is definately no promises that it will work at all!

I has FSH once with injections on the lowest dose and had severe OHSS which nearly caused me to die I was hospitalised for 2 whole weeks had drains in me oxygen 24/7 and all due to 30kg's of fluid being put on overnight I doubled my weight within a week... We fell pregnant that time so it felt worth it in the end I seen lil bean at 4 weeks 6 weeks and 8 weeks and his heartbeat was going strong but they had concerns due to the stress I had been through with the OHSS and the baby not having much fluid around him so at 10 weeks went for OB scan he said it would be fine I have seen bub that many times and haven't had any dramas then there was no heartbeat so was booked for a D & C and my FS said she would never give me FSH again via injection due to she has never in her 20 years of experience seen anybody blow up the way I did!!

Hope that makes you understand the procedure a bit more!

Mindhugs - I know exactly what you mean babe DF's sister in law is due for number 2 now and his other sister has 2 his actual sister likes to rub it in and it hurts seeing the other one due and looking at her tummy on mothers day though she is wonderful and supportive.. I see your having your FET June I hope that time flys and you get your healthy sticky BFP at the end of it babe!!

Platinum Member. Love a friend xxx

Aug 2008

Hi Ladies,

Sadly I'm back in here. I tried to post yesterday but something happened and it didnt post.

So many names here that I don't recognise in just 2 weeks. Will do personals once I've worked out what's what.

So Sunday a week ago I caved in and POAS and it was a faint 2nd line. Had my BT on Thurs and it was confirmed as a +ve, but with very low numbers, and I was warned that I might lose it. Over the weekend my family was great trying to make me feel special on Mothers Day (my wish had been to be pg by MD) but then I had a 2nd BT yesterday and my hcg had dropped to only 13. I couldn't sleep all night and when I got up at 3am this morning I was bleeding.

I am so devastated and it's really hard cause DH is not an emotional person at all, and becasue it was so early he just sees it as never existing at all and he doesn't understand why I'm so upset becasue we were told there was no chance of success before we started. He just doesn't get it and it is so frustrating having to do all this on my own.

Sorry about the long winded "me" post, just had to get it all out. It's eating me up.

to you all wherever you're at.

Jan 2008
    Brissy

just saying hi to all, hope what ever part of your cycle your in all is going well. nothig is happening for me with TTC that is anyway.

chat soon

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

BOC so sorry to hear that you're having a hard time. The boys do seem to turn a blind eye, its only recently that my DH has started to get emotional about it all and it gives me some releife because it was like he was a robot when we lost our baby. Good luck sweety xx

Aug 2008

Thanks Coco. I too am in Newcastle and I see Dr Hedges in the same building as Nesbitt & Hunter IVF.

Jun 2008
    Cardiff Heights

Boc are they good in there? Have you ever seen nesbitt? I wanted to see a woman, I feel a bit funny seeing a man..

Aug 2008

Yeah they are. The nurses are lovely. I haven't seen Nesbitt, I went to Hedges as I was told he was the best in the area, but I have heard the others there are great as well. Let me know what you think when you go.

Jan 2007
    Nth Qld

Hi All - just popping in to ask a quick question, I have my EPU on Friday, scan tomoro.
    Warning TMI - I noticed alot of CM this morning is this normal or is my body wanting to O?? I am still on Synarel and puregon.
    TIA and good luck to all of you this cycle

... 41213141516 ...