Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - April/May 2009

bella : yeah such great news. !!!!!

Hi All,

Bella congratulations and all the best!!

Melissal - Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure morphology is genectic and isn't affected by illness. My DH has 8% normal in addition to low count. We had 11 eggs injected (ICSI) and got 7 embryos. They only need to inject one sperm per egg and out of the millions of sperm, 4% will be more than enough. Definitely hard for DH to hear but at the end of the day you have an answer and a viable solution. My FS seems very confident about our chances of success and it sounds like you're in the same boat so stay positive. Fingers crossed it will all work out.

Mrs P - Best of luck with the BT.

Saph204 - Good news. It's nice when things finally start rolling.

Loops - Praying that you get good news. That tww is the hardest.

Best wishes to everyone.

Melissal - if it makes you feel better, my DH has a 99% abnormality rate and we still have excellent fertilisation rate. Last time out of 24 eggs we got 19 embryos. I was told by the scientist that even with 100% abnormality rate they can still get ICSI to work so I wouldn't worry too much.

JME & Mollygirl - thank you so much for the reassurances, it is good to know that it can still happen. Funny, DH seems ok with it - its something he has always made funny little remarks about - I seem to be the one that is more upset. But then again, he is a good one for not saying his true feelings often for fear of upsetting me. BUT we CAN still do this

barney Guest

happy easter girls

Hi everyone...it's been a while since I posted in here, but we are just starting another IVF stim cycle, so I figure it's time I return.
    Some of you I know, and some I don't really know yet, but I look forward to sharing our ups and downs as we all edge closer to our longed for BFP!
    I've just started on the pill and it feels like ages until we'll get to the 'business end' of this cycle...

Lovenhope Guest

Welcome back Possums. GL with this cycle.

Morning Ladies,

JME, your first FET should be much less stressful. My experience at MIVF is if you have a fairly regular cycle then you'll have a scan about CD 10/11, use LH pee tests until you get a positive then transfer 3 days later. I've been thinking about acupunture too. There are lots of people on here that use it, most seem to think it's great - if not for a BFP then for generally feeling better able to cope.

Bella - officially congratulations!!!! Wishing you a wonderful healthy pregnancy. Will you be sharing the news or keeping it to yourselves for a while?

Loops - hopefully AF has not shown up. My only BFP I was convinced I was getting my AF. I'd even had my emotional meltdown that comes with it. I had a lot of cramping from DPO 10 to 12. We all know what the last few days of the TWW are like so I am thinking of you and hoping you get your BFP.

BOC - thank goodness for Furbaby's. I don't know where I'd be without mine. Loved the quote - so true.

Mrs P - hello. Good luck with the BT tomorrow. After your setbacks its time for a dream run - hoping this is the case for you.

Melissal - I agree with the others about SA results. We are the same as Mollygirl, we did ICSI and have excellent fert rates and fab looking embro's despite DH having high abnormalities - our FS was very unconcered about the SA results as he believes ICSI overcomes most of the problems. Gotta love science sometimes. You can definately still do this!

Hi Possums - nice to 'meet' you, hopefully I can be of some support during your journey. x

From me - Af has not arrived - spotting for 5 days now. What the?? My last FET, AF due on a Wednesday, BT Friday, on progeterone pessaries - no AF but BT BFN, stopped pessaries Friday, AF Saturday. Then this cycle missed ovulation - now three weeks later and spotting for 5 days. Does anyone know if Progesterone support can muck up the cyle following? i am frightened that I may have hormonal issues now. I'm confused and a little scared. Does anyone else believe that IVF may be 'messing' their bodies up?

Sorry - another essay - I warned you all though......

sandygirl- thanks and wishing you all the best too

infinity- sorry I am not sure about whats happening with you...although a friend of mind also going through IVF has had quite irregular cycles going on ever since her stim cycle...so i guess it can muck up the normal cycles of your body. hope things settle soon

Bella - congratulations hun. Wishing you a h & h pregnancy.

Happy Easter to everyone, hope you have all had a great long weekend.

Welcome to all the newbies.

Wishing everyone all the very best.

to everyone. we have plenty more

Thanks for the well-wishes ladies!! I'm so excited to have my BT tomorrow. Am praying that it's baseline - because of my clotting disorder I can't go on the pill so am not sure what they'll have planned for me if I'm not baseline.
    Anyway I'm feeling positive about it so fingers crossed. Fortunately the lab is just a couple of blocks away from my work - very convenient!

Here's a silly question - roughly how many days do you need to do the injections b4 EPU? I know it varies, but is it roughly 2 weeks? Trying to get an idea of a timeline...

Hope everyone has had a lovely Easter!

Hi MrsP, hoping baseline for you. I take a liong time to trigger but I think I am the exception to the rule.

AFM still jabbing away but very excited of to Melbourne in the morning with the girls to catch some shows and do some shopping. Have the ice ready for the drugs and the letter for security, sure to get stopped at every check point. Hope it will be all right. Talk when i/ get back.

Hi Saph,

have a great time in Melbourne. I am sure you know that yourself but just in case a quick tip as I did the same with my 1st cycle. I stupidly kept the syringes with the meds in my eski for the hand luggage - got obviously stopped and had to transfer them into my backpack and check them in....

Sara

Thanks sara, I didn't know that but I have to do the needle at the airport just before we board. They are the pen needles so hoipefully wont cause any problems. Will put all bar one in my suit case. So glad to see you made it to the TWW have my fingers and toes crossed for you, come on sticky baby.

Saph- have fun in Melbourne

MrsP- hope you are baseline and good luck with this cycle

Hi Everyone....I'm waiting to get back in here.....AF was supposed to arrive (according to normal cycle) however this probably won't be the case since stopping drugs last cycle......the waiting game. I'm waiting to start our first IVF cyle and of course can't do this until she arrives!!!! Driving me nuts. DH suggested to POAS.....i've done 3.....NONE have them have worked!!!! Blaaaaahhhh!!!!! Anyhoo I have been lurking for the past month and am hoping to join you on the NEW part of my journey soon!!

Looks like Im out with AF just on the doorstep - im 99% sure.
    It has been a very up and down few days over Easter with one minute feeling like AF had arrived then not and wondering whether it was implantation pains etc after hearing lots of different experiences from people.
    But with tummy pains, sore back and hips, sore BB's and headaches - its a pretty big indication for me that im NOT pg.

Sounds like Im in the exact same boat as many of you with DH having low count/mobility. Sounds like ICSI might be the go. Just got to save up the money which is hard when you have just bought your house.

Infinity - sorry AF is stuffing you round a fair bit and Baby2Bee - its annoying when you know its supposed to be coming but it doesnt I will be expecting that this cycle being a natural cycle after being on the hormone injections.

Im thinking of you all.

Melissal - good luck to you guys, we might be trying ICSI together - I hope we get there soon.

JME - Thanks for your support and all the very best to you. x

Good luck to all with everything x

Loops - I'm so sorry you think AF has arrived. Have you done a test or will you wait for AF/BT? IVF is expensive and it is hard to manage with a new mortgage. I put each cycle on my credit card and pay it off when the medicare rebate comes though - not ideal but is this an option for you? I'm not sure about your clinic but our first full stim IVF cycle with ICSI we were about $1300 out of pocket (this would have been less if we'd already reached the safety net) and about $320 out of pocket for each FET. No matter what I'm sure you'll find a way. Take care of yourself x

Hi Baby2Bee - good luck with your new journey, hope AF arrives soon so you can get cracking!

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast