Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Long Term TTC & Assisted Conception - February 2007

Alex Guest

Willow, that is fantastic news! I am so happy for you, CONGRATULATIONS!

Megan, how are you doing?

Everyone in here totally deserves a BFP, I really hope that you two have set the ball rolling for the rest of us to graduate!

Willow - I totally understand about wanting to keep this to yourself. If I ever get a BFP I won't be anouncing it generally until at least 12 weeks. Parents and best friends are different though!

5 weeks and 5 days to go until we get our test results (the genetic tests on DH and myself)! The wait is terrible, I am very impatient, and want to know right now! Does anyone know much about PGD? I can't get my head around removing cells from the embryo and it not damaging the embryo?????? Most confusing!

BG - it's great to hear a little bit of good news for you, I know you would have preferred to being doing your IUI but I bet it will be such a relief for you to get this surgery done & then you can really concentrate on ttc!

Boo - definately no harm in ttc naturaly b4 your appointment, hey why not try & have some fun with it & try to destress b4 the ivf!
    (trying not to get too excited for Friday & I feel right now like just b4 you get af so I am hoping it's not all in my head.)

Sazzafrazz & Alex - here's hoping the time will fly by for you, look how quick the time has gone already this year!

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    this will be the year!

Just a bit of a grumble this morning...

I would have thought with only 11 days of being back on the pill after the bleeding problems I had that even though I got AF, it wouldn't be very heavy... wrong! And because I've only barely pulled back from the last episode, it's not taking much to make me feel dizzy and faint again. Unbelievable! And painful! So now I've got synarel headaches, arthritis aches from all the rain and bad period pain! And I'm not allowed to take the naprosyn that would fix up two of them! Bugger!

BW

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY GIRLS!

LOL Keen, you've put the biggest smile on my face, I thought you might be a little bit excited for me! Now, all we need is for Gavin to work his magic on you and you'll be planting your butt in the seat next to me in no time!

Megan, I think you're symptoms still sound really promising hun, mine are better on some days and worse on others so I don't think it's any sort of indication of what's going on in there. I just have a really positive feeling about you sweetie, only 2 and a bit days till we know for sure! - same for you Jo!

Lou, I'm keeping my fingers firmly crossed for you sweetie. I agree with the others, sounds like it could be an implantation bleed.

Sazz, I know how hard it is waiting for all this stuff, seems like all we do is wait, I hope the time passes really quickly for you and work keeps your mind off things.

BG, sounds like this dental stuff will be over and done with shortly and then you can just concentrate on getting that BFP and when you do, this will be one less worry for you. I know that when they were contemplating surgery during my last prg, I was just terrified and I wouldn't want anyone to ever feel like that. I just want you to be able to enjoy being prg. As you said, maybe things have worked out this way for a reason and once you're all better great things will happen! So jealous of your weekend away!

BW, sorry you're feeling so crappy today. I guess the only consolation here is that your body is doing what it's supposed to for this part of the cycle, so that's gotta be a good thing. If it looks like it's getting as bad as last time though, I'd ring the clinic. I'm hoping you're feeling better soon. Maybe try some panadeine?

DH is on night shift tonight so is home during the day, we're going to have a nice lunch together to celebrate valentines and of course yesterday's fabulous news! It's been so long since we've been able to celebrate anything and it feels wonderful!

BW - so sorry you're having such a bad time with AF - she can be really rude sometimes can't she!

Willow - enjoy your lunch with DH.

i will be spending most of v-day with my family. my nan passed away this morning so v-day will be very bitter-sweet for us from now on. the more i think of it, the more i believe that nature was doing the right thing with me not responding to the injections - i'm sure that the stress of the surgery and now Nan, even if i'd been able to go through with it, the risks for any pregnancy that may have arisen would be so much higher than i want them to be.

i believe in everything happening for a reason, and we're currently facing another hurdle on our TTC journey.

Bg - i am very sorry to hear your news, my dh lost his grandmother only a few weeks ago. my heart is with you

Oh no BG, that's is terrible news. I'm so sorry for your loss sweetie.

sushee can i tap into that wealth of knoweldge one more time pls?

At what stage does an embryo turn into a blast? can a eight cell implant with out going to blast?

thanks girls - the support i'm getting in this forum at the moment has been helping immensely through everything. i ust hope that life stops throwing us hurdles soon so we can get back to the TTC side of things - i want a baby so badly - and today it's hurting so much more. i am the youngest of the grandchildren on dad's side - and the only one without children. when we went to see Nan at the weekend, one of the first things she asked was whether i was pregnant - and one of the last things she said was that she'd love to be a great nana again. i so wish i'd been able to give her that. maybe she can watch over us, take care of our angels, and send us some good luck

bg - i think your nana will be making sure that you get your little bundle. As for the hurdels that are thrown at us, as much as i agree with you (they always seen to pop up at the best times!) they are to make us stronger. (i know this doesnt help your pain right now)

It seem everythine DH and i did a cycle something came up. I dont know if you were around last cycle when i was talking about harmony? sometimes its like were chasing our tail with the fear of what the next cycle will bring.

Please pray,

Lou

don't think i was in the AC thread your last cycle Lou. i agree with the hurdles making us stronger. we've had a really ordinary couple of years with things going belly up - but i'm trying to find the silver lining in every dark cloud - as much as it hurts me to know i've lost my Nan, i know that she's not going through hell any more - and the relief i feel for her sake outweighs my own grief. she was suffering, we all knew it. she's not hurting anymore - and that's gotta be a positive thing.

Good girl BG, I felt the same way when we lost my Pa, it was a very tramatic experience because I was with him when he passed, but I eventually got over my own grief and realised that this is what he wanted, he'd been so sick and suffering for so long and it must have been such a relief for him to be able to go and be in peace.

Since losing our baby, I've often felt like maybe he was up there looking after her for us.

Mstickles Guest

Arrgh sorry BG about your loss - I hope you are OK and I am sure your nan will be looking down on you making sure you are OK through all this hard stuff.

One of the fertility books I read recently said that couples that go through infertility together are much more likely to stay together forever. I got a lot of comfort out of that for some reason - it gives me a bit of hope when my black moods come along.

I'm just waiting for my AF now, due on the 23/2 - have no hope for this IUI, even though my lovely doc sat with me for 15 mins after this one - I think he is also a little disappointed and frustrated with my BFN's. We have our IVF counselling and appointments next Thursday. I'm just wanting to get stuck into the IVF stuff now.

Good luck with your waits Loula and Alex - it is such a hard time!

clare - i really hope that things are going to go ok for you - don't give up hope on this cycle of IUI - you never know! at least you've got appointments booked to take the next step.

i totally agree with the statement about couples staying together after going through fertility treatment - i guess it's the sort of thing that applies when you've been through anything big - if you just cruise through a realationship with nothing to test you, you lose appreciation of what you have. when your relationship is tested by something traumatic, it brings you closer together - you have a deeper sense of appreciation for the other person and how they complete you (well, that's what i've found anyway!).

Sammi Jane Guest

BG - I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you're ok. It is good that she's not suffering any more, but it's sad for everyone left behind.

BW - I hope you had a great birthday and I hope you feel better today.

Everyone else - Happy Valentine's Day!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful day/evening with their partners.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

BG, I'm so sorry to hear about your nan. My nan passed a month before my last cycle, and I know it's particularly difficult knowing she will not see your children. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Lou, all embryos must go through a blastocyst stage to implant. It is when the cells compact and become a blast that they then become ready to hatch and then inplant. Having said that, one of my embryos made it to blast by late day 4, and was almost hatching by day 5, though more routinely they compact on day 4 (called a morula), become a blastocyst on Day 5, hatch on day 6, implant day 7. I'll PM you a link with some pictures of the various stages up to morula.

sushee, i don't know a lot about your history, but you've obvioulsy done a lot of reasearch while going through your TTC journey - you're such a wealth of knowledge! and i know you are helping everyone here!

yeah, it's gonna be hard not having my nan around when things finally come together for us to have a family, but i know she's watching over us and taking care of our angels - and that gives me a lot more peace of mind.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

BG, if you're interested, my story is here in the Success Stories thread. I know most of you weren't around when I inhabited this thread, so I thought it would be good to share my story so you guys can get to know me as I'm getting to know you all.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast